Advice required

In my experience they usually bus you to the airport about three hours before your flight and you are allowed to use the ship’s facilities until you are called to your coach.

Our last trip the return flight was at 21-00 and we left the ship at 17-30.

Regards BJ.

13 hours ago, JollyMia said:

Planning on Discovery cruise out of Corfu October,but return flight back to Manchester not till late evening,do you have to leave the ship after breakfast?.

You can also hire a cabin or if yours is available remain in it at a cost. They also have a cabin available, free, for a short time to have a shower and change. You can leave your hand luggage in a secure area for which they give you a ticket. 😊 Most important you can still use the AI. 

5 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

You can also hire a cabin or if yours is available remain in it at a cost. They also have a cabin available, free, for a short time to have a shower and change. You can leave your hand luggage in a secure area for which they give you a ticket. 😊 Most important you can still use the AI. 

Friends on board have said courtesy cabins aren't available at present due to Covid restrictions. Pensioncruiser.

3 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

That's not good when you have the day onboard, but it's all changing just pleased I have the memories. 

We have great memories too Pensioncruiser.  Reluctant to book anything at the moment as it won't be the good experience we are used to having. People new to cruising won't know any difference. When ships eventually get back to full capacity it will be a different experience for them when the bars and restaurants are much busier and the theatre will be full. Have seen posts on social media with people having lots of towel art every day as there are so few passengers on board and cabin stewards have more time. Unfortunately when things do get back to normal that won't last. 

21 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

That's not good when you have the day onboard, but it's all changing just pleased I have the memories. 

Its probably understandable ,it would entail housekeeping doing a thorough clean in between every occupant

26 minutes ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Greetings all. Just recently came back off the Discovery round Greece. You have to leave your cabins by 09:00 but your not kicked off the ship until a few hrs before your flight. Available cabins for £39 are available and you can use the services until you Disembark. Hth.

Hi RR. I am thinking about booking the Aegean discovery trip in October. Were  you allowed off the ship to explore the destinations on your own or was it on TUI excursions only?

Also how was the Corfu airport experience.?

Edited by Brummijam

Hi Brummie, yes we were allowed off at every port no questions asked. No passports to be shown just like the good old days. 

Now Corfu Airport. 3 years back it was a nightmare. But hands up as this airport has been transformed into a very efficient hub, coming in we went through passport control and they got through a whole plane in less than 15 mins. They only wanted to see passports not even PLF or any other docs coming back  had no problems going through from booking in/cases through X-ray. I did get stopped, but I do every time with my TKR. Straight through to passport control and into waiting area food hall plus nicnack shops with English papers.  10/10 from my experience with the whole time from Norwich airport to getting on the ship having a brilliant time and TED entertainment having  taken the Entertainment up another gear.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Hi Brummie, yes we were allowed off at every port no questions asked. No passports to be shown just like the good old days. 

Now Corfu Airport. 3 years back it was a nightmare. But hands up as this airport has been transformed into a very efficient hub, coming in we went through passport control and they got through a whole plane in less than 15 mins. They only wanted to see passports not even PLF or any other docs coming back  had no problems going through from booking in/cases through X-ray. I did get stopped, but I do every time with my TKR. Straight through to passport control and into waiting area food hall plus nicnack shops with English papers.  10/10 from my experience with the whole time from Norwich airport to getting on the ship having a brilliant time and TED entertainment having  taken the Entertainment up another gear.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Your response was exactly what I was hoping for. Looking at the pick your cabin deck plans there seems to be plenty of availability for the dates that we can do so we will leave it a little longer and see if we can get a deal.😉

Really glad you enjoyed your trip.

keep well BJ.

PS What’s a. TKR curiosity gets the better of me.🤔

Edited by Brummijam

11 hours ago, Brummijam said:

👍😊

Hi RR.

Another question mate.

In your opinion would you say that the ship was running at full capacity or less. The reason I ask this is that on the booking site they are pricing outside cabins as the first option whereas normally inside cabins usually show first so I was wondering if that was an indication of reduced capacity.

16 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Greetings all. Just recently came back off the Discovery round Greece. You have to leave your cabins by 09:00 but your not kicked off the ship until a few hrs before your flight. Available cabins for £39 are available and you can use the services until you Disembark. Hth.

Perhaps different rules on different ships re. courtesy cabins. Perhaps even different at times on same ship. 

8 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi RR.

Another question mate.

In your opinion would you say that the ship was running at full capacity or less. The reason I ask this is that on the booking site they are pricing outside cabins as the first option whereas normally inside cabins usually show first so I was wondering if that was an indication of reduced capacity.

Last week was 815 from 2076 passengers 

• Thanks 1