VENT: What sucks about inside cabins

zekekelso

As a first time inside cabin goer on Mariner this fall, I will be absolutely appalled if the concierge isn't able to get us reservations in WJ. Could someone tell me where the inside sun deck is, and whether or not it has a view of the ocean? Or maybe show me on the deck plans where the Gold lounge is? 

I hope it goes without saying that I'm being facetious and I'm happy to just be back on a ship at all in my inside cabin! Normally get a balcony cuz I'm claustrophobic so this will be an experience all its own. Then again, I plan to spend as many of my waking hours away from the cabin as possible! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

1 minute ago, karena1 said:

why complain about it, we did inside cabins for years as that is all we could afford!  Then we went to OV.  Now we do nothing but balconies.  Inside cabins are fine for those that like darker rooms and cheaper prices.

This is a sarcastic thread.... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

I always had to duck into the stateroom while no one else was in the hall, to avoid the dreaded "inside traveler" stigma.

I wear it as a badge of pride when people are paying 4 x the price but we are basically getting 90% of the same cruise experience. Exactly how much time does anyone spend awake in their room?

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, pdawson30 said:

I wear it as a badge of pride when people are paying 4 x the price but we are basically getting 90% of the same cruise experience. Exactly how much time does anyone spend awake in their room?

Kool! Though Depends, Ship/Sailing. Fortunate with Discounts at most Balcony is 2 times inside I Book, usually less. Cruises have Booked last yr some the OV's are more expensive then Balconies that offered great SOLO prices/Discounts. Haven't done Inside in 21yrs but still compare prices every time. That's reason usually don't usually get Suites, what save with a couple Balcony's can Book another 1-2 legs on my B2B's... My first Cruises on Royal Ships didnt have a Single Balcony, even Suites were only OV Window's. Grateful we all have choices that make us Happy, IN, OV, Bal or Suites...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pdawson30 said:

Actually, my & I wife spend plenty of time in our room.

There is plenty of down time where we just hang out and do nothing.

Just because you are on a ship does not mean you have to be out & about needing constant stimulation  24/7.

Some of people need to act like you have been there before...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Actually, my & I wife spend plenty of time in our room.

There is plenty of down time where we just hang out and do nothing.

Just because you are on a ship does not mean you have to be out & about needing constant stimulation  24/7.

Some of people need to act like you have been there before...

Apparently a lot of folks aren't getting any action on the high seas.😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5