First time in Owners Suite. What can we expect?

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We had our first suite on Serenade back in August.  We were in and OV Panoramic suite.  On Serenade it has the same sq footage and a similar layout to an OS minus the balcony.  We are defintely ruined for regular staterooms now.  Massive room, with a dining table and chairs, a separate bedroom and more storage than I could dream of using make the cruise experience so much nicer.  We spent very little time in the SL as it was kind of dead and boring in there.  My favorite perk was breakfast at chops each morning.  That, by itself, was almost worth the extra price.  DW spent a lot of time in the room watch the beautiful scenery of Alaska float by while we were on sailing.

Did it have a bidet?

5 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Realllllly stupid and ignorant question - but is there a wiki guide somewhere on how to actually use those things? My brain can't wrap around the logistics of moving from 'dry seat' to 'wet seat' without dripping during the transfer. Then are you supposed to go back over to 'dry' for the final drying? Wouldn't it make more sense for the 'wet' to collect the waste, then you move to a 'dry' pedestal for drying? Or do I just have too much time on my hands to worry over the logistics of bidet usage?

Ok, I'll bite

On the left is a toilet. Hopefilly you know how that works. You don't poop in the bidet, drain can't handle it.

There is no dryer other than the towel behind Bella.

There are two types of bidets. Front shooting and bottom shooting. I prefer bottom shooting, that's what we have. Royal uses front shooting. I think they are cheaper.

I think of mine like an espresso machine. Lots of knobs and pulls to get it working. Hot and cold knobs (this is really important) a diverter, and a stopper. 

Play with temp until you are comfy,have a seat, then divert the water from the bowl to the jet and fire away.

Stand up dry off. That's it.

Make sure you return diverter to bowl position, or you will shoot yourself in face next time you use it. Mine easily hits ceiling.

The stopper is in case you need to soak anything.😉

I hope this helps. A bidet is one of the greatest inventions of all time. So refreshing😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

But the best is the bidet seats you add to your toilet.  No extra room used in the bathroom.

I first ran into them in Japan in 2000.  Seat is heated for those cold nights.

Some even have memory settings for the proper temperature for each user.  And the really high end ones have warm air drying built in.

12 minutes ago, SRF said:

But the best is the bidet seats you add to your toilet.  No extra room used in the bathroom.

I first ran into them in Japan in 2000.  Seat is heated for those cold nights.

Some even have memory settings for the proper temperature for each user.  And the really high end ones have warm air drying built in.

Best is very subjective

Unless you are referring to a $6,000 Toto, an add on seat hardly compares.😉

I tried the Toto in the Belagio VIP Lounge, and it's very nice. But the add on seats to an American toilet, can't really compare to a real bidet, in my experiences

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Best is very subjective

Unless you are referring to a $16,000 Toto, an add on seat hardly compares.😉

I tried the Toto in the Belagio VIP Lounge, and it's very nice. But the add on seats to an American toilet, can't really compare to a real bidet, in my experiences

I prefer them as you do not have to wait for hot water.  They have a water heater and instant on.

No need to move and worry about dripping.

And with the air dryer, not dripping at all.

And in my 1962 built house, there is no room for a separate one, and at home improvement project prices these days, a LOT cheaper to install if you do have the room.   I recently looked at redoing my spare bath and got quotes as high as $48,000.  

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

I prefer them as you do not have to wait for hot water.  They have a water heater and instant on.

No need to move and worry about dripping.

And with the air dryer, not dripping at all.

And in my 1962 built house, there is no room for a separate one, and at home improvement project prices these days, a LOT cheaper to install if you do have the room.   I recently looked at redoing my spare bath and got quotes as high as $48,000.  

I got lucky, our condo came with one and our hot water tank backs up to master bath.

I really don't understand the dripping issue mentioned earlier.  I can get my hand on the towel in 3 seconds. Now you do have to disrobe to straddle it, so I guess that coukd be an issue.

Unless you wear a kilt on a regular basis😉

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I got lucky, our condo came with one and our hot water tank backs up to master bath.

I really don't understand the dripping issue mentioned earlier.  I can get my hand on the towel in 3 seconds. Now you do have to disrobe to straddle it, so I guess that coukd be an issue.

Unless you wear a kilt on a regular basis😉

We are in the 21st Century, you are assuming a lot by thinking that I might not be wearing skirts and dresses on a regular basis. 😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SRF said:

We are in the 21st Century, you are assuming a lot by thinking that I might not be wearing skirts and dresses on a regular basis. 😄

Umm, pretty sure I was referring to me😉

Unless you are prone to going comando.

But hey, go for it

Edited by John&LaLa