Cancel after final payment

lovey1103

My spouse and I are scheduled to sail on 11/5/21 on a TA out of South Hampton.  

On renewing his passport, it was sent back as the picture taken was not satisfactory.  He sent it again on July 27th enclosing a check for expedited processing.

We are 47 days out and no action or processing has yet to take place. I have been in tears since last night about this and am worried he will not have a passport to travel.

I cannot interpret the policy and need help.  Our hard earned money is on the line and I so need a vacation so bad.

Please help

I thank you CC friends

• Like 1

I am sure someone will provide the current cruise cancellation policy.  According to current (and, I believe true throughout this past summer) information on the State Department's website:

Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Door-to-door service in 12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 5 to 6 weeks mailing on front and back end)

In the meantime, some questions and comments about passport processing:

Has your check for expedited processing been cashed?  If so, when?

Is your comment about 'no action or processing' based on State Department's status?  In case you (or other cruisers) weren't aware you can check it on-line:  https://passportstatus.state.gov/

You can also contact the State Department at:

1-877-487-27781-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)

• Customer service representatives are available:
        Monday- Friday            8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time
        *Except on Federal Holidays
  • Automated passport information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Twelve weeks from July 27 is October 19 (2 1/2 weeks before your cruise).  If you have not received it by October 19 get your US Congressman/Congresswoman involved.  Contact their local or Washington, DC office.  They have staff that handle constituent services and, believe me, the State Department (and other government agencies) react when they receive inquiries from members of Congress.

Good luck!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 3

Do you have travel insurance that will cover this under "cancel for any reason?" I don't think this would  be covered under anything else, but I could be wrong. If you have Princess Platinum insurance, you can cancel for any reason or no reason and get a full credit for a future cruise. Other third party insurance would have different rules.

• Like 1

Has the check been cashed?

My wife just renewed her passport....they cashed her check within the 1st week, and the passport was in our mailbox last week, seven weeks later. It's a shame the picture wasn't acceptable, the guidelines for photos are clearly noted.

I hope your husband gets his passport in time. Last week I had to cancel an upcoming 11/29/21 cruise after full payment was made. I had Princess Platinum Travel insurance. We are to receive the initial deposit and cost of the travel insurance as Future Cruise Credit. The rest of the money will return back to my credit card. As it’s only been a week, I have not received refund postings yet. My cruise was under the COVID Cruise With Confidence Booking. Best to you and your husband.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nini said:

It is sad that it is not widely known that one can go directly to a passport office for same day turnaround. I know that there is such an office in Seattle and I do not know where the others are located.

It is well publicized on the State Department's Get My Passport Fast page of the website:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

I would call ASAP & explain your situation & see what can be done. How close are you to the nearest Passport Office?  If they would allow to come into the office & it means traveling there I would consider the expense. 

Here’s another address…http://passportdepot.com that guarantees your passport in 24 hrs. 

Hopefully you can find out what the status of what was mailed in. 

Good luck & please keep us posted. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

We are on that Nov 5th TA. Hope you make it and we see you at the Meet and Greet and Slot Pull

Our daughter was booked on a flight to UK to visit her grandmother when we checked her passport. To our dismay it was going to expire soon. We sent it with the extra expedite charge and it came back in only 3 weeks. This was in March/April so they may be busier now but hang in there!

I submitted my passport renewal application by mail from California on July 21st.  I expedited it both to and from the passport agency.  I received my new passport in five weeks.  I am still waiting for my old passport to be returned.  They said it would arrive separately at a later date.  I think you are likely to receive the passport any day!  Have a great cruise!