Reply here, when and where your relocation cabin category ended up on Wonder of the Seas?

Jimbo

Sailing Date: 21/8/2022 moved to 21/8/2022 

Date you were moved: 24/9/21

Allure Cabin Category: Crown Loft Suite 1708

Wonder Cabin Category: Crown Loft Suite 1852

We’ve done quite a few cruises with Royal but this is our first suite so am ridiculously excited as I assumed with the reduction in suites that we stood no chance of getting one on Wonder!

Edited by Katiepi
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wilde_37 said:

I'm also on the transatlantic and the following cruise in the Med.  I don't understand what is happening between the time we arrive in Barcelona on 4th May and the 1st cruise on 8th May.  Surely they do not expect people to have to book and pay for a hotel in Barcelona! What is happening to the ship for those 4 days? 

I read from others there could be a 4 day sailing for TA's, crew training who knows. We had already made hotel plans at the end of the Med so notified our Hotel and added 2 more from May 4th to 8th. I also joined a couple & her group at the end of the TA from our Roll Call for a City w/Montserrat on May 4th. We had planned on doing that tour during our 2 days after the Med so couldn't see having two of the same tours going out for the daughter & I so asked the couple if we could join them. 

3 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

LOL we will be on Canoe of the Seas. Hope you score Kayak of the Seas. I’ve heard Rowboat of the Seas has terrible amenities. I’d cancel if they put me there. 

As long as I don't have to do the rowing, never tried my hand at rowing. living in the desert doesn't offer a lot of water around us. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katiepi said:

I got this email…

1A10A32E-5F58-4511-B6F4-44A42A778EB1.png

270394D6-4EAB-41E4-9FD2-234ED1A1362F.png

Sure wish I would get some kind of information from Royal.  If I wasn't on CC I would be blind as a bat still thinking I'm sailing on Allure.  I've had no communication whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Sure wish I would get some kind of information from Royal.  If I wasn't on CC I would be blind as a bat still thinking I'm sailing on Allure.  I've had no communication whatsoever.

Exactly , I and my TA very got a email that the cruise was canceled . Seen it on CC

Oct 2022 TA

Hubs and I transferred from Grand Suite to Grand Suite

Brother and SIL transferred from Grand Suite to Junior Suite (with obstructed view)

They are on the phone revenue department (not happy) 

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

Are your booking numbers the same?

Have you been notified of the updates ?

Booking numbers remained the same. I got an email but not an updated invoice. The email said an updated invoice would be sent at a later date - my cruise if paid in full. I certainly hope there are no additional costs.  It's also been updated in my cruise planner. 

31 minutes ago, RG306 said:

Booking numbers remained the same. I got an email but not an updated invoice. The email said an updated invoice would be sent at a later date - my cruise if paid in full. I certainly hope there are no additional costs.  It's also been updated in my cruise planner. 

Thank You for the update.

We were booked on the October 30 Allure transatlantic crossing in a Crown Loft Suite.  On the Allure, Crown Loft Suites cost more than Owners Suites and Grand Suites.

Last night, they posted our cabin on the Wonder.  They downgraded us 3 levels - from Crown Loft to Junior Suite.

The Wonder (31) has about 1/2 the number of full suites as the Allure (58).  Assuming they had booked all of the suites on our cruise, that means 27 reservations for full suites will be downgraded to Junior Suites.  The biggest difference between the ships is that there are only 8 Crown Loft Suites on Wonder vs. 25 on the Allure.

There are 10 Owners Suites on both ships, and it appears they just moved those reservations over (even though Allure Crown Loft reservations should take priority, since they are a more expensive cabin on the Allure).

There are 28 Grand Suites on Wonder and 30 on the Allure.  It appears they moved all of the Grand Suite reservations over, and may have bumped only 2 to Junior Suites.

There are many more junior Suites on Wonder (115) vs. Allure (86).

Rather than moving Crown Loft reservations to Owners Suites or Grand Suites, it appears they have shifted them to Junior Suites (which really aren't suites).

And, based on the information I heard today from the Resolutions department, when they calculate our cabin fare for the cruise - it will be the LOWER of either our original Crown Loft Suite reservation or the current rack rate for the Junior Suite.  And because Royal has significantly increased prices since we booked in August 2020, it appears they could charge us the same price for the Junior Suite as we would have paid for the Crown Loft.

And we're not going to be the only suite customer that is pushed down to Junior Suites.  This will happen on every European cruise shifted from Allure to Wonder - up to 27 full suite reservations shifted down to Junior Suites - and likely paying the same for the smaller, non-suite cabin.  This could impact 400-500 reservations across all of the sailings.

As of now, our only option is to request to be put on a waitlist for a Grand Suite - which isn't gauranteed (and probably won't happen) OR request a full refund of our deposit.  But - if we request a refund and try to book a new cruise - it will be at the current prices - 2-3X what was available in August 2020 when we booked the Allure.

It really feels that Royal didn't think this through when they made the change from Allure to Wonder.  Even though Wonder has the Suite Neighborhood - they only have about 1/2 of the full suites.  They should have anticipated that most of their full suite passengers would be pushed into Junior Suites - and have something ready to keep those customers from getting extremely upset about the downgrades.

Since they weren't prepared for this - there could be a lot of unhappy suite customers who'll end up cancelling their Wonder cruise - and may be reluctant to rebook with Royal Caribbean, at least until things settle down again and they stop shifting ships and routes...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bob_Houston said:

We were booked on the October 30 Allure transatlantic crossing in a Crown Loft Suite.  On the Allure, Crown Loft Suites cost more than Owners Suites and Grand Suites.

Last night, they posted our cabin on the Wonder.  They downgraded us 3 levels - from Crown Loft to Junior Suite.

The Wonder (31) has about 1/2 the number of full suites as the Allure (58).  Assuming they had booked all of the suites on our cruise, that means 27 reservations for full suites will be downgraded to Junior Suites.  The biggest difference between the ships is that there are only 8 Crown Loft Suites on Wonder vs. 25 on the Allure.

There are 10 Owners Suites on both ships, and it appears they just moved those reservations over (even though Allure Crown Loft reservations should take priority, since they are a more expensive cabin on the Allure).

There are 28 Grand Suites on Wonder and 30 on the Allure.  It appears they moved all of the Grand Suite reservations over, and may have bumped only 2 to Junior Suites.

Rather than moving Crown Loft reservations to Owners Suites or Grand Suites, it appears they have shifted them to Junior Suites (which really aren't suites).

And, based on the information I heard today from the Resolutions department, when they calculate our cabin fare for the cruise - it will be the LOWER of either our original Crown Loft Suite reservation or the current rack rate for the Junior Suite.  And because Royal has significantly increased prices since we booked in August 2020, it appears they could charge us the same price for the Junior Suite as we would have paid for the Crown Loft.

And we're not going to be the only suite customer that is pushed down to Junior Suites.  This will happen on every European cruise shifted from Allure to Wonder - up to 27 full suite reservations shifted down to Junior Suites - and likely paying the same for the smaller, non-suite cabin.  This could impact 400-500 reservations across all of the sailings.

As of now, our only option is to request to be put on a waitlist for a Grand Suite - which isn't gauranteed (and probably won't happen) OR request a full refund of our deposit.  But - if we request a refund and try to book a new cruise - it will be at the current prices - 2-3X what was available in August 2020 when we booked the Allure.

It really feels that Royal didn't think this through when they made the change from Allure to Wonder.  Even though Wonder has the Suite Neighborhood - they only have about 1/2 of the full suites.  They should have anticipated that most of their full suite passengers would be pushed into Junior Suites - and have something ready to keep those customers from getting extremely upset about the downgrades.

Since they weren't prepared for this - there could be a lot of unhappy suite customers who'll end up cancelling their Wonder cruise - and may be reluctant to rebook with Royal Caribbean, at least until things settle down again and they stop shifting ships and routes...

It absolutely is awful for you, but I imagine they wanted to minimize anger, so bumping so many CLS way down while keeping most people who booked OS and GS in their correct categories will anger the fewest people. Bumping all suite passengers down might be fairest but will anger more people. 

I feel for you though. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bob_Houston said:

We totally understand how you feel, also noticed the pricing anomaly between CLS and OS on Wonder. What a horrible position to be in. I know it is no consolation, but did they try sweetening the pot with drinks / dining packages, OBC..?

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

Westbound TA

Bumped from CLS to a JS.

Will be taking Option 2.

Absolutely feel for you. Were there no offers of drinks packages or OBC ?  Appreciate that is little consolation. Anyone have any idea how the suite re-allocation was worked out?

1 hour ago, Bob_Houston said:

On my Allure sailing week, Owner's Suite's were higher priced then CLS's. So what you said is not true on all sailings.

Crown Lofts do not trump Owner's Suite's on all sailings.

Also where you are wrong because this ship is inter porting they don 't even  have all those 31 full suites to hand out because some of those cabins are filled from the other port. Barcelona and Rome.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, msb said:

Oct 2022 TA

Hubs and I transferred from Grand Suite to Grand Suite

Brother and SIL transferred from Grand Suite to Junior Suite (with obstructed view)

They are on the phone , if not that is what mightrevenue department (not happy) 

Were your booking numbers linked together, if not that is where you may have went wrong.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, GlenG said:

Absolutely feel for you. Were there no offers of drinks packages or OBC ?  Appreciate that is little consolation. Anyone have any idea how the suite re-allocation was worked out?

$300 OBC and full suite privileges. Not a good deal IMHO.

2 hours ago, Bob_Houston said:

We are in the same situation. They could have done better.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Were your booking numbers linked together, if not that is where you may have went wrong.

I’m the SIL that got shafted in the ship swap.  Yes, we were linked. I spoke with 6 different agents and never got an answer as to what criteria was used to determine who got downgraded. I could accept a response that customers in higher class suites took priority or even that Pinnacle cruisers got priority.  But all I got was “I don’t know what criteria was used, or worse “it was random”. The last person I spoke with was merely the poor soul who was tasked with saying “I apologize for your frustration”.  One of the previous agents told me some of the Grand Suites were left vacant due to CDC/Covid protocols which I knew was not true and confirmed it with Resolution Agent #6.  Bottom line. Your RCCL status does not matter.  The fact we booked two years ago through RCCL Travel while on board a cruise doesn’t matter.  RCCL does not care about customer loyalty- at all!  I was told, in so many words, either accept the downgrade or cancel for a full refund. Not one of the 6 agents that I spoke to asked what they could do to make me less unhappy allowing that no Grand Suites  were available.  Very, very disappointed with RCCL customer service and will not recommend this cruise line to anyone in the future.  

• Like 1

We're on the transatlantic cruise - so there won't be any cabins blocked for passengers coming on board from Rome.

It's a 14 night cruise, so having a much smaller suite than reserved will have a bigger impact, especially with so many sea days during the crossing - when we had planned for activities in our suite requiring table space (the Junior Suite only comes with a very tiny coffee table and a tiny vanity/desk).

When we booked the transatlantic crossing in August 2020 on the Allure, the Crown Loft Suites were priced higher than Owners Suites for this cruise - and that's what Royal Caribbean should have used when determining priority for the 31 full suites.  But even if they grouped the CLS and OS together, there are enough GS on the ship to accommodate all of the reservations for CLS/OS and above.

Agree that they took the easy way out on this - to disrupt the fewest reservations, they appeared to have kept the OS and GS reservations on the Wonder (except for 2 GS that would be forced to JS) - and instead evidently decided to move CLS reservations down to JS.  And because they don't have all of the most expensive Allure suites - they may have moved all CLS down to JS to make room for reservations in the higher priced Loft/Panoramic suites which aren't on the Wonder.

We haven't received any official notification from Royal so far about what's going on - only over the phone - and everything has only been conjecture - not a commitment.

They might extend Sky class amenities to the displaced CLS passengers in JS - which would help some, but still not be any where enough to make up for having cabins 1/2 of the size - especially if they still charge us the same cabin fare as the original CLS reservations (since they've increased the prices on all cabins since August 2020 - when they were at risk of going bankrupt and more desperate to get new bookings).  And we might get a $300 onboard credit.

At this point, they won't shift GS passengers to make room for the displaced CLS suites - that ship sailed when they posted all of the cabin assignments.  The best we can hope for is for someone in a full suite to request a refund - and then hope we'll get to the top of the waitlist to get that suite.

BUT...  This is another silly rule.  The displaced JS customers can request to be put on a waitlist - but instead of waitlisting for any available full suite - you can pick only one category.  And because GS is most likely to be freed up (there are 28 of those), getting on the GS waitlist makes the most sense.  So even if an OS or CLS opens up, they won't offer that to us.

Since it appears we won't be getting a discount on the JS suite, providing us Sky class plus $300 doesn't come close to making up for a cabin 1/2 the size.  If they really wanted to compensate their displaced CLS customers, what they should do is add a few more genies to the ship - and provide Star class amenities for the affected customers.  We just came back from a cruise on the Allure in a Star class suite - and that cruise was fantastic - with a fantastic genie to help us out on the ship, full dining/beverage package and reserved seats at the shows.  Adding Star class amenities would go a long way to make up for a 14 night cruise in a cabin 1/2 the size we booked.

Another option would be for them to offer an expanded Lift and Shift for the displaced CLS customers - allowing them to shift their reservation to another cruise - with a comparable cabin - at the same price (or proportionally adjusted if the # of nights was different).  After all, we all booked full suites for this cruise - and if we can't get a full suite - allowing us to pick a different cruise on a different itinerary would also be a reasonable alternative (protecting the lower prices we had when we booked the Allure).

I've had several conversations today with the Resolutions department.  Our travel agent has also talked to them.  Since it appears the group responsible for this fiasco didn't really think this through, and seemed to be surprised this would be a problem, it may take a few days for them to come up with any solution that will satisfy the affected customers.

So we're not ready to give up on Royal Caribbean yet.  We've had a great experience working with Royal Caribbean on our previous cruises - and will give them some time to get this worked out.  We're hoping that once they have had enough time to appreciate the number of suite customers they've screwed up, that with some time, they'll come up with a better solution to keep those customers on the cruise - and not risk alienating them and losing them for future cruises.

Though, as things stand now...  If our only options are to take the JS at the same price as our cancelled CLS (even with Sky class and $300 onboard credit) or request a full refund - we may request the refund - and not just for this cruise - but for the next two cruises when we've booked CLS and a Grand Loft Suite.

1 hour ago, CDS6286 said:

I’m the SIL that got shafted in the ship swap.  Yes, we were linked. I spoke with 6 different agents and never got an answer as to what criteria was used to determine who got downgraded. I could accept a response that customers in higher class suites took priority or even that Pinnacle cruisers got priority.  But all I got was “I don’t know what criteria was used, or worse “it was random”. The last person I spoke with was merely the poor soul who was tasked with saying “I apologize for your frustration”.  One of the previous agents told me some of the Grand Suites were left vacant due to CDC/Covid protocols which I knew was not true and confirmed it with Resolution Agent #6.  Bottom line. Your RCCL status does not matter.  The fact we booked two years ago through RCCL Travel while on board a cruise doesn’t matter.  RCCL does not care about customer loyalty- at all!  I was told, in so many words, either accept the downgrade or cancel for a full refund. Not one of the 6 agents that I spoke to asked what they could do to make me less unhappy allowing that no Grand Suites  were available.  Very, very disappointed with RCCL customer service and will not recommend this cruise line to anyone in the future.  

Agree that the algorithm being used by RCCL on the Allure to Wonder transition doesn't appear to recognize either the booked suite class or C&A loyalty level.

Though, to be fair - it really looks like they didn't think this through.  Normally when they swap ships - the ships have about the same number of cabins at each level - so they only have a handful of reservations that might be forced to downgrade.

It's almost like whoever made this decision didn't realize Wonder had only about 1/2 of the full suites available on the Allure.  And they let whatever software they normally use apply the normal algorithm for cabin assignments - and expected they would have only a couple of unhappy passengers to work with for each sailing. 

But instead, they'll have 27 (significantly) downgraded full suite reservations - per sailing in Europe and the October crossing.  That's likely 400 to 500 very unhappy customers...

We are also disappointed in their RoyalUp program - it looks more like a money grab, by having a blind bidding program, and not an opportunity to recognize customer loyalty.  If they made the bidding public - and provided bid multipliers based on C&A level - that would be a much better system. 

The Wonder looks like a great ship (except for the full suite problem).  The new itinerary for the October crossing is much better, with more stops in Spain.  So we're hoping we can either get moved back into a larger cabin - or they come up with a solution that's good enough to keep us on the cruise.

Hopefully we'll see some progress next week...

Also, the offer of providing Sky class to 27 JS cabins will cause a problem with the suite lounge, Coastal Kitchen and the new sun deck, which won't be able to handle almost doubling the number of Star and Sky suites.  The Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge are smaller than on the Allure.

Again, doesn't appear they've thought this through...