When will I check in?

SoonerDan

We booked on Adventure for 11/17

I could have sworn the other day check in was open but I didn’t have my passports. Today, I can’t check in.

When is check in typically opening?  Just worried we will be to late and get late boarding time. 

1 hour ago, SoonerDan said:

I could have sworn the other day check in was open but I didn’t have my passports. Today, I can’t check in.

When is check in typically opening?  Just worried we will be to late and get late boarding time. 

I had this happen on three of mine.  Based on the new dates given it seems to now be approximately 45 days out.

Pro tip:  To check the check in opening date, download the RC app, sign in and select your sailing, then swipe left and after a quick load, it will show you the date you can check in.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you are on the page showing the ship in the ocean and Day 1 at the top, you swipe left on that page (or press the head icon at the top next to the calendar icon). You don’t press the check-in button.  This is on iOS, but I would assume it is the same for Android.

20 minutes ago, earltonharley said:

Thanks for the information. I guess I’m too much of a dinosaur to get it to work. I went to the website, logged in and couldn’t complete the sliding left part. Thanks for trying to help this old man! 🤣🤣

No problem, its only on the Royal Caribbean app you download from your smart phones app store.  You can’t do it on the website.

Go to this site:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/royal-app

(See Picture Below)

Then click the button where the white arrow is pointing to for iPhone (iOS) and the button the red arrow is pointing to for Android phones.  Then download it (it’s free to download), and try the steps again.

Might as well download it now, because it is required  to board still, I believe.

34E0D183-FFF2-484F-B0F1-F7BB154107F6.jpeg

Thank you for this info.  I was already checked in for two of my cruises, which are now gone.  Happy to lose the one with 3 p.m. arrival time, not so much for the one with 11 a.m.

Now, though, I can’t figure out how to close out the first cruise and move on to the others.  Even signing out of my account and then back in doesn’t get me back to the list of cruises.  What am I missing?

9 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thank you for this info.  I was already checked in for two of my cruises, which are now gone.  Happy to lose the one with 3 p.m. arrival time, not so much for the one with 11 a.m.

Now, though, I can’t figure out how to close out the first cruise and move on to the others.  Even signing out of my account and then back in doesn’t get me back to the list of cruises.  What am I missing?

Click Day 1 (Calendar icon) at the top center, then on the next page at the bottom tap “Change Ship Dates”

8 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if check in for the January cruise wasn't open.  I'm on Anthem in Feb. and April and the only one that is letting me see any kind of check in date is the April cruise.

Might be ship/sailing date dependent.  All three of my January and one of my two February sailings have the check-in date.  Curiously one of my February cruises asks if I am on a charter, so that is worrying to me. 

Cruising out of Galveston on November 7th and I checked in a week or so ago.  Now on the website, I am told check in is unavailable.

Strangest part of all is on the Royal app.  Sometimes it now says check in open on September 22, sometime it says check in on September 23, sometimes it says we will see you at 12:30 pm on November 7th and sometimes there is no message at all.  Fortunately, I am used to Royal's IT quirks and hope all works out in the end.

All of us on our roll calls for 28 Nov and 5 Dec had checked in and gotten boarding times.  Then, as someone above said, they moved the goal post.  We now apparently have to wait til they re-open check in.  Someone who called was told by C&A who checked with resolutions, that the check in being open was a mistake, but as usual, we have to pay for their mistakes.  

I do not understand the logic of RCI deciding to now not allow pre-pre-boarding information to be uploaded and stored. At least get that part out of the way, especially for the information they’d acquire on passports and COVID vaccinations. Saving the health questionnaire until 24hrs prior embarkation was perfect. Now they’ll have a rush of thousands crashing their app when we all stampede back to re-register our information. 

20 hours ago, SoonerDan said:

So I'm seeing lots of my friends and roll call got boarding times but I cant check in for dec 12. 

Now its closed. Do we all have to get new times or they keep their times? Asking because I wanted to board with a friend. She has a time, i dont.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unless RCI somehow resurrects the times folks originally checked in with (very doubtful), everyone will get new check in times when they check in again.

Meanwhile we have someone on both roll calls who thinks that RCI will "fix" it and we need to chill.  I basically told him not to tell me how to feel about it.  I had 1-130 and want to keep it as I took the time to input all our info and photos and print our set sail passes (I did both DH's and mine) and don't appreciate having to redo it when everyone else rushes to.