What is the new normal for cabin service?

3 hours ago, GetMeToTheSpa said:

Have the cabin services been modified at all? Do cabin stewards still do bed making, turn down, towel refresh, and all that good stuff?  This is my first cruise since 2019 and wondering what has now changed.  Thanks! 

No change. Morning clean-up. Evening turndown and refresh. Towel Animal. 

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

great question. as a newbie, i'm sure even returning cruisers want to know this. i never use room service in hotels but on a cruise i def want to use it so i'm looking forward to it. 

The question was about housekeeping (towels, toilet paper, sheets) not food. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Happy they are providing service.  Just about every hotel we've stayed in for more than one night has eliminated daily room cleaning,  because of Covid.   It will be nice to be pampered.

M

and no discounts either! thats what stinks. i pay full price i want full service. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

On the Liberty now.  
Twice daily cabin service. 

We're sailing on her Oct. 3.  We watched you guys leave on the webcam and were sooooo excited for you (and us 🙂 )!!!  Any information (check-in, boarding, procedures for the shows) or pictures you can share would be greatly appreciated.  Enjoy your cruise!  

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No change. Morning clean-up. Evening turndown and refresh. Towel Animal. 

Yep that’s what we had on Harmony this last week. Only thing that is different is the daily in-cabin temperature check by the stateroom attendant. He/she asks on embarkation day the time you require this to be done each morning.

3 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Yep that’s what we had on Harmony this last week. Only thing that is different is the daily in-cabin temperature check by the stateroom attendant. He/she asks on embarkation day the time you require this to be done each morning.

Got off Freedom on Friday. No temperature check. Room service handed off at the door. Cabin steward provided same service as always including towel animals. On my way to Odyssey now 😊20210916_190429.thumb.jpg.1b7bfa40a624cb0f3657ce150db4d3f9.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This has happened since the restart? If so you were fortunate, that is a big No No currently.  

We cruised the week of August 30. Each morning we asked for the breakfast trays to be brought into the room and actually there were two trays and they were heavy so it did not seem to be a problem they just brought the trays in as we asked.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, GetMeToTheSpa said:

Have the cabin services been modified at all? 

Do cabin stewards still do bed making, turn down, towel refresh, and all that good stuff?  This is my first cruise since 2019 and wondering what has now changed.  

Thanks! 

On 9/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, GetMeToTheSpa said:

Have the cabin services been modified at all? 

Do cabin stewards still do bed making, turn down, towel refresh, and all that good stuff?  This is my first cruise since 2019 and wondering what has now changed.  

Thanks! 

We were on Independence in August and it was the same as normal.