La Reserve reservations for cruisers since 8/29/21

jeno

I understand that we need to signup for La Reserve after boarding for 2021 cruises.    For anyone that was on the first couple of cruises, how did that go? Was it easy to sign up and where did you sign up?  Was signup chaotic? Was the LaReserve dining at full capacity? 
Thanks for any info you can give. 

Edited by jeno

3 hours ago, jeno said:

I understand that we need to signup for La Reserve after boarding for 2021 cruises.    For anyone that was on the first couple of cruises, how did that go? Was it easy to sign up and where did you sign up?  Was signup chaotic? Was the LaReserve dining at full capacity? 
Thanks for any info you can give. 

You can once again sign up online for LaReserve. Several weeks ago, we did for our January 2022 Riviera Cruise.

Just now, Flatbush Flyer said:

You can once again sign up online for LaReserve. Several weeks ago, we did for our January 2022 Riviera Cruise.

Correct - cruises in 2022 are able to sign up but cruises in 2021 are not.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Which is why in 45 days -  the instant I step off the gangway onto Marina I will head to the dining reservations desk.

And right after that, you’ll head to Terrace Café to grab the “bin end” list and add some wine buys to the case you brought with you.

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

And right after that, you’ll head to Terrace Café to grab the “bin end” list and add some wine buys to the case you brought with you.

I'm kinda in awe of how well you know me just through my posting on this board.  Though the Bin End list should be in our cabin when we get there.

Edited by Kate-AHF
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kate-AHF said:

Serious question here... have pax that have been thwarted in their attempt to get a La reserve reservation even been able to get the ship to add another night?

From what I hear from a friend currently on the Marina (since 29AUG), because the ship is sailing with less than 50% capacity getting reservations for anything has not been a problem..I believe none of the remaining Marina sailings in Europe will be over 50% capacity and extra reservations for anything will be available..

• Thanks 2

Can anyone confirm that a “ bin end” list currently exist? How and where were any such wines stored for the past 18

- 24 months if they are on the list?

I would guess it would take several months of sailing for any new bin ends to   be generated.

Just now, pinotlover said:

Can anyone confirm that a “ bin end” list currently exist? How and where were any such wines stored for the past 18

- 24 months if they are on the list?

I would guess it would take several months of sailing for any new bin ends to   be generated.

Excellent point. That said, I don’t know what O might have done with existing stock after March 2020. With the hospitality industry at a standstill for at least the following year, I can’t imagine many buyers. Perhaps the newest “bin end” lists are bound volumes!👀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Excellent point. That said, I don’t know what O might have done with existing stock after March 2020. With the hospitality industry at a standstill for at least the following year, I can’t imagine many buyers. Perhaps the newest “bin end” lists are bound volumes!👀

That would be nice!!

Yes, there is a bin end list.  Not sure if this is accurate, but a sommelier told us they did not off load the stock that was on the ship.  

So far, they have not had the minimum sign up to hold La Reserve for several of  the nights it is offered—  the seating is reduced right now— there were 12 when we went during the 29 Aug. cruise.  

• Thanks 1

I see the three LaReserve menus on the website, but no prices.  Does anyone know what the current prices are for the three menus? I would like to send these out to our group and confirm interest.  Thanks 

They left in wines aboard, parked in the Med over two summers!😳 

Those by the glass whites must be really special by now! 😂

After two years, and an upcoming dry dock, those on the Nautica will really be special. 😁

I’ll gladly let the Flatbush Flyer race for those “ deals”! 😇

37 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

They left in wines aboard, parked in the Med over two summers!😳 

Those by the glass whites must be really special by now! 😂

After two years, and an upcoming dry dock, those on the Nautica will really be special. 😁

I’ll gladly let the Flatbush Flyer race for those “ deals”! 😇

It would be interesting to know how they stored the stock. Perhaps someone here on CC can shed some light on a recent experience.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

They left in wines aboard, parked in the Med over two summers!

I have wondered the sense of buying decent wines on a cruise. Good restaurants typically let wines rest for 6 - 8 weeks after delivery before serving. How can aged, vintage wines that are subject to the movement of the ship be fit to drink? Aren't we smarter to search out a passable table wine on board? 

(The Queen of England often prefers Mateus)

52 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I have wondered the sense of buying decent wines on a cruise. Good restaurants typically let wines rest for 6 - 8 weeks after delivery before serving. How can aged, vintage wines that are subject to the movement of the ship be fit to drink? Aren't we smarter to search out a passable table wine on board? 

Short answer: yes. 

Wine geek details - most of the "special" wines on board are not so old as to worry me about seaworthiness. Wine geeks can and will byo. We've come to the conclusion that reds 20+yrs old do not travel that well - although you might do better with highly filtered selections (my assumption is that particulates from skin contact don't make old wine taste better when you shake them up). Makes the Dom partnership look very wise -  sparkling seems to travel great 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

That is why O’s liberal BYOB is so well received.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeno said:

Oceania told our TA that LaReserve has 24 seats.  I’m sure there were 18 the last time we were on it. Thoughts? 

three rectangular tables of eight is what I remember mostly. Seems if they had less than max, they just pulled chairs giving extra space at the table.

Because of an O foul up, we actually had 28 at one dinner. They sat the other 4 at the bar!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Thanks 1