Reserving Caribbean Flight Seats

bee-ess

Although we have been to Caribbean with P&O a few times we have forgotten - the seats are on sale 14 weeks before but is that 14 weeks before the outbound or inbound flight.  

Also I assume that if the cruise is cancelled that the costs of reserving seats would be refunded but would they be refunded if we decided to transfer the cruise once we know a bit more about excursion protocols and testing.

Hi bee-es. We are going to the Caribbean on 4th December which Is 11 weeks away. I keep trying to book seats on the Flight Booker but it won’t let me. It just says ‘seats will be available to book 14 weeks before cruise’ !!!!

• Thanks 1

We are having the same issue. We fly out on the 25th December to catch the Azura. When we rang up to enquire about flights, they said the seat maps would be up when the airlines had confirmed the aircraft so the seat map was correct. I imagine (as with the flights), there will be no notice and you will just be able to book. Which is annoying when you want to book certain seats!!

I am going 22 October on transatlantic re positioning of Britannia B124. The flight details were up 2 weeks ago but with only 4 weeks before the cruise I still cannot select seats. I can only think that the type of plane to be used has not yet been decided. Tui is the carrier so Dreamliner is their plane of choice normally for long hauls. What can the problem be? 

41 minutes ago, kevboy said:

I am going 22 October on transatlantic re positioning of Britannia B124. The flight details were up 2 weeks ago but with only 4 weeks before the cruise I still cannot select seats. I can only think that the type of plane to be used has not yet been decided. Tui is the carrier so Dreamliner is their plane of choice normally for long hauls. What can the problem be? 

If TUI are the carrier then there are 2 versions of the 787 with different seating configurations and capacity. That might be the problem. 

Maybe they are waiting until the Caribbean season is 100% certain to happen, the testing required for entering the islands could still make it not viable. We still have no details of that or even if we will allowed off the ship independently and the first cruise is only 4 weeks away.

Edited by bee-ess

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Castle25 said:

Anyone be able to reserve seats for the Caribbean cruises yet?

We are going on November 6. Flight booking facility seemed to be available this morning. Nightmare trying to pay as screen kept going blank. Seats were still in our basket , so not allocated and P&O have taken the payment twice. Unable to get through on the phone and so have emailed. This palaver, together with their covid protocols ( which we found through this forum) has really put us off . 
Good luck with trying to book

Got to admit p&o are not covering themselves in glory with the seat booking nightmare, you receive an email saying flights are open to than not being able to book them, yes the Caribbean is not a bad place to be stranded but I wish there was less hassle 

• 2 weeks later...

After getting an email from P&O inviting me to book our flight seats on 16 October for Azura Christmas cruise ( Baltic & Liguarians could do it on 14th but we are only Caribbean)I have spent goodness knows how long trying to do just that. So today, Saturday 16th, I have rung our ta who rang P&O. The answer is that P&O had some problems with the bookings on 14th and are trying to resolve them but there is no one working in P&O flight department at weekends and therefore the problem will not be resolved until Monday 18th. But in the meantime we have been allocated row 3a & 3c in premium for both outward and return journeys. Situation to be confirmed on Monday 18th.  It begs the question how an outfit like P&O can have no one working over a weekend when apparently lots of people are trying to do the same as me. What a shambles.

19 minutes ago, pennib said:

After getting an email from P&O inviting me to book our flight seats on 16 October for Azura Christmas cruise ( Baltic & Liguarians could do it on 14th but we are only Caribbean)I have spent goodness knows how long trying to do just that. So today, Saturday 16th, I have rung our ta who rang P&O. The answer is that P&O had some problems with the bookings on 14th and are trying to resolve them but there is no one working in P&O flight department at weekends and therefore the problem will not be resolved until Monday 18th. But in the meantime we have been allocated row 3a & 3c in premium for both outward and return journeys. Situation to be confirmed on Monday 18th.  It begs the question how an outfit like P&O can have no one working over a weekend when apparently lots of people are trying to do the same as me. What a shambles.

So you have two seats together ! I don't think there are B seats in PE, but you can check on Seat Guru to find out for sure.

Managed to book ours for Christmas Day. A few issues where it blocked out one seat despite it not being taken, it was just erroring. Got there in the end! Quite stressful as we have 2 cabins so had to have 2 laptops ready! 

I really don’t know what is going on except that we are no further on with our Azura flight seats from Manchester on 10 December. Our ta has told us that the IT issue is still ongoing and it is just applicable to our cruise. Ta is trying every day to get on with P&O. We have however had an email from P&O to say that our flight is now leaving half an hour later (both going and coming back) so it looks as if the trip is still on. Perhaps they are allocating outside seats first? All very stressful. Is anyone else on our cruise? If so, how are you going on with your seat bookings?

43 minutes ago, pennib said:

I really don’t know what is going on except that we are no further on with our Azura flight seats from Manchester on 10 December. Our ta has told us that the IT issue is still ongoing and it is just applicable to our cruise. Ta is trying every day to get on with P&O. We have however had an email from P&O to say that our flight is now leaving half an hour later (both going and coming back) so it looks as if the trip is still on. Perhaps they are allocating outside seats first? All very stressful. Is anyone else on our cruise? If so, how are you going on with your seat bookings?

I thought you had seats 3A and 3C booked there and back.

What more are you waiting for?