Silversea Marketing for Cruises from December 2021

Emoliash

26 minutes ago, Emoliash said:

Does Silversea executives know some inside information that we don't?

I note they are now selling cruises in Australian waters from Christmas this year? https://www.silversea.com/destinations/australia-new-zealand-cruise.html?refinementList[departureYearMonth]=

Fingerscrossed.

I've still got the Sydney Harbour Bridge for sale.

A For Sale sign on the Sydney Harbour Bridge today. October 19, 1979....  News Photo - Getty Images

• Haha 1

I’m in for the first cruise departing Cairns on 21 December on Silver Muse. I can’t wait to get back to cruising!

The cruise is limited to Australian and New Zealand residents and all crew and passengers need to be fully vaccinated 

Good on Silversea for taking the initiative to try and make it happen

The cancellation provisions that Silversea have for these cruises and Covid in general are very good - and allow for refunds if they have to cancel or bonus FCC if you elect for that option 

Will it actually happen? Who knows - but it’s worth a try - and at least they’ve committed to give it a try - good on them!

I’ve attached the brochure so you can see the options - there’s more options including a number of sub cruises of those on the website available eg Cairns to Sydney as part of the Cairns to Melbourne holiday cruise 

Silversea Australia Cruises 2021-2022.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I’m in for the first cruise departing Cairns on 21 December on Silver Muse. I can’t wait to get back to cruising!

The cruise is limited to Australian and New Zealand residents and all crew and passengers need to be fully vaccinated 

Good on Silversea for taking the initiative to try and make it happen

The cancellation provisions that Silversea have for these cruises and Covid in general are very good - and allow for refunds if they have to cancel or bonus FCC if you elect for that option 

Will it actually happen? Who knows - but it’s worth a try - and at least they’ve committed to give it a try - good on them!

I’ve attached the brochure so you can see the options - there’s more options including a number of sub cruises of those on the website available eg Cairns to Sydney as part of the Cairns to Melbourne holiday cruise 

Silversea Australia Cruises 2021-2022.pdfUnavailable

Thanks for this, I looked at the sub cruises you mentioned and one has taken my eye.

Due to lockdown we have some extra money saved and this would be a wonderful treat if it goes ahead.

I won't get too excited but it won't hurt to look into the refund policy.

We recently caught the rerun of Jane Mc Donald on the Silver Muse in South America. the ship looks lovely and she was very excited with her cabin which of course was one of the more expensive rooms but we would be just as happy with one of the lower cabins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I won't get too excited but it won't hurt to look into the refund policy.

This is the main one to read:

SILVERSEA "CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE" PROGRAMME

https://www.silversea.com/temporary-amendment-to-cancellation-policy.html

in particular:

COVID-19 PROTECTIONS

Should authorities in a guest’s country of residence prohibit travel, or should a guest or a member of their travelling party test positive for COVID-19 within 30 days of embarkation, the guest will be able to convert their booking into a 100% Future Cruise Credit or receive a 100% refund for the total booking amount.

This one covers COVID precautions:

HEALTH & TRAVEL NOTICE

https://www.silversea.com/health-and-travel-notice.html

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

in particular:

COVID-19 PROTECTIONS

Thanks Stickman, I have been doing some light research on the line and as well as the above it also seems to be if you cancel before the 30 days Silverseas seem to be very prompt with refunds.

Anyway it may be another option in Australia (to Coral expedition cruises) if the government is willing to raise the passenger cap just a bit more. I can but wish.

I have found the Silverseas board now so I know where to go if I have any questions.😃

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Big money those Silverseas cruises, out of my league.😢

C’mon - you haven’t spent anything on cruises for 18 months have you? - time to open the wallet and enjoy it while you can 😂😉

They're all inclusive - although tours are extra and a couple of their restaurants have additional charges - but you typically don’t walk off owing too much from your shipboard account 

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

C’mon - you haven’t spent anything on cruises for 18 months have you? - time to open the wallet and enjoy it while you can 😂😉

They're all inclusive - although tours are extra and a couple of their restaurants have additional charges - but you typically don’t walk off owing too much from your shipboard account 

Had to support my son and daughter mate, hard times for them.  No $ for cruising, $1000 a day for a solo traveller on Silversea.  This is my style now..$50 fish and chip cruise, locally and no tipping, lol.

th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Well Princess clearly have no inside information. 

Princess Cruises extends cruising pause in Australia

Princess Cruises is extending its pause in Australia/New Zealand to January 27, 2022, due to the uncertainty around the return of cruising in the region.
Coral Princess voyages through January 17 are cancelled and Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess seasons through to March 2022 are being cancelled.

And P&O

P&O Cruises Australia has extended their cruising pause until mid-January 2022.
The extension is from 18 December to 14 January in Sydney and to 18 January in Brisbane. The scheduled Melbourne summer cruise season has been cancelled.

Edited by Cruisegroover
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I don't think anybody has. The Federal government is not even talking to the the international airlines, much less the cruise lines. The airlines have been talking about withdrawing services since nobody will let them know what to expect.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Princess Cruises extends cruising pause in Australia

Princess Cruises is extending its pause in Australia/New Zealand to January 27, 2022, due to the uncertainty around the return of cruising in the region.
Coral Princess voyages through January 17 are cancelled and Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess seasons through to March 2022 are being cancelled.

Well, here we go again. I have three cruises that will need to be moved. 😡 I am really hoping that 2023 is a goer. 🤞

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So the May 2022 Worldie on Coral Princess must be in doubt.

Not yet. Coral is still scheduled to come to Australia for itineraries from Jan 27th onwards. However I doubt they'll do the world cruise. I certainly wouldn't want to do a world cruuse before 2024.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not yet. Coral is still scheduled to come to Australia for itineraries from Jan 27th onwards. However I doubt they'll do the world cruise. I certainly wouldn't want to do a world cruuse before 2024.

I recently spoke to my cruise planner and she told me no official cancellation as yet but hold onto your booking and wait and see what Princess will offer for 2024 World cruise. They may offer the same as deal as the cancelled Island Princess WC, same cabin, same price for two years later. Good deal if you can wait that long and you like the itinerary.

I expect to know in about four weeks as Princess is soon to release new Australian cruises.

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I recently spoke to my cruise planner and she told me no official cancellation as yet but hold onto your booking and wait and see what Princess will offer for 2024 World cruise. They may offer the same as deal as the cancelled Island Princess WC, same cabin, same price for two years later. Good deal if you can wait that long and you like the itinerary.

I expect to know in about four weeks as Princess is soon to release new Australian cruises.

I'm not booked on a world cruise ... yet.😁

Agree, many ports will be closed and other places full of covid still, like UK and USA.

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Still too expensive, Terry, even with the 20% discount if paid in full by the end of the month. Anyway I doubt that one will happen. They'd have to get the Federal government plus four state governments to agree to allow the cruise to happen. Fat chance!

20 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

in particular:

COVID-19 PROTECTIONS

Should authorities in a guest’s country of residence prohibit travel, or should a guest or a member of their travelling party test positive for COVID-19 within 30 days of embarkation, the guest will be able to convert their booking into a 100% Future Cruise Credit or receive a 100% refund for the total booking amount.

This one covers COVID precautions:

HEALTH & TRAVEL NOTICE

https://www.silversea.com/health-and-travel-notice.html

Thanks for posting Stickman.  I think I've been given some very misleading info from Silversea when I rang this morning.  The agent led me to believe there would be a full cash refund if we cancelled, of the deposit and once paid, of the full amount. He more or less said for any reason.  I've gone through the T & Cs and looks to me as if it's only if you cancel because of Covid, ie lockdowns or being a close contact, contracting it, etc. 30 days prior to departure.  Is this right?  If you cancel for another reason, their standard fees apply?

Going cross-eyed reading back through all those conditions. 😳

There is this but it only covers the full amount if you choose a FCC, a cash refund still seems to come with penalties:

BOOK YOUR CRUISE WITH PEACE OF MIND, WITH 30-DAY CANCELLATION

You will be able to cancel your cruise up to 30 days prior to departure for all voyages until 30 April 2022, excluding World Cruise, without penalties when selecting a Future Cruise Credit. Applicable for all bookings made prior to 30 September, 2021.

WHEN GUESTS CANCEL 30 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE:

• Guests will receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC)*. The FCC is equivalent to the portion of the booking paid minus any cancellation penalties from 3rd party suppliers charged to Silversea.
  • If guests opt for a cash refund* instead, our limited-time, relaxed cancellation terms will apply for 2021 voyages, while for 2022 and 2023 voyages, the standard Silversea Cancellation terms will apply.

Good on Silversea for making a start, doesn't look as if any other cruise line is going to change their stance on cancelling the whole of the 21/22 down under season.  Not that I can blame them.

Edited by cruisingaussies

10 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

I've gone through the T & Cs and looks to me as if it's only if you cancel because of Covid, ie lockdowns or being a close contact, contracting it, etc. 30 days prior to departure.  Is this right?  If you cancel for another reason, their standard fees apply?

There is this but it only covers the full amount if you choose a FCC, a cash refund still seems to come with penalties:

BOOK YOUR CRUISE WITH PEACE OF MIND, WITH 30-DAY CANCELLATION

You will be able to cancel your cruise up to 30 days prior to departure for all voyages until 30 April 2022, excluding World Cruise, without penalties when selecting a Future Cruise Credit. Applicable for all bookings made prior to 30 September, 2021.

WHEN GUESTS CANCEL 30 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE:

• Guests will receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC)*. The FCC is equivalent to the portion of the booking paid minus any cancellation penalties from 3rd party suppliers charged to Silversea.
  • If guests opt for a cash refund* instead, our limited-time, relaxed cancellation terms will apply for 2021 voyages, while for 2022 and 2023 voyages, the standard Silversea Cancellation terms will apply.

I believe you’ve identified the relevant clauses

I just look at the potential scenarios on why I’d want to cancel - and that would be if Govt restrictions meant I couldn’t travel  - so that could be State border closures even though the cruise proceeds (as if we can’t cross borders they’re unlikely to be allowed to sail in which case they’d cancel and thus I’d get a full refund) - the other reason would be if Silversea need to cancel because of Covid eg can’t get Govt approvals - in that case they have to give a cash refund 

The only other scenario would be if one of us fell ill from non COVID related issues (but the following covers any change of mind reason within 30 days anyway) in which case I’d either take the FCC from Silversea as per the clause you quoted at the end of your post above and use it on a future cruise I already have booked with them or pursue an insurance claim through my travel insurance 

My Qantas flight to Cairns is fully variable without fees and I’ll book a hotel that’s only payable on arrival 

So what’s the real risk? Very little I believe… 

I’m at the point where I want to cruise - so rolling the dice on this is worth the chance from my perspective 

• Like 1

even with the 20% discount if paid in full by the end of the month.

Julie, I don’t believe that 20% discount is available on these Dec-Feb fares - they’re already discounted - so they’re not going to offer an additional 20% off for payment at this point. For my booking for the December cruise payment in full is due now to confirm the booking 

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Julie, I don’t believe that 20% discount is available on these Dec-Feb fares - they’re already discounted - so they’re not going to offer an additional 20% off for payment at this point. For my booking for the December cruise payment in full is due now to confirm the booking 

In which case they are way, way too expensive. I compared the fare of the lowest priced balcony cabin to that of the Club Class Mini Suite I had booked on on my just cancelled Princess cruise, which was a drinks and internet inclusive fare. The cabins look very similar. Club Class on Princess includes a special dining section in the MDR with enhanced service. The Silverseas fare was 2.5 times the Princess fare on a pp per day  basis. That's not good value for money no matter how good the ship is.

15 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I believe you’ve identified the relevant clauses

I just look at the potential scenarios on why I’d want to cancel - and that would be if Govt restrictions meant I couldn’t travel  - so that could be State border closures even though the cruise proceeds (as if we can’t cross borders they’re unlikely to be allowed to sail in which case they’d cancel and thus I’d get a full refund) - the other reason would be if Silversea need to cancel because of Covid eg can’t get Govt approvals - in that case they have to give a cash refund 

The only other scenario would be if one of us fell ill from non COVID related issues (but the following covers any change of mind reason within 30 days anyway) in which case I’d either take the FCC from Silversea as per the clause you quoted at the end of your post above and use it on a future cruise I already have booked with them or pursue an insurance claim through my travel insurance 

My Qantas flight to Cairns is fully variable without fees and I’ll book a hotel that’s only payable on arrival 

So what’s the real risk? Very little I believe… 

I’m at the point where I want to cruise - so rolling the dice on this is worth the chance from my perspective 

Thanks for confirming and all your comments make sense, non-Covid cancellation reason will be covered by travel insurance.  We, too, can't wait to cruise again.  Just may be joining you on this....if it goes ahead.... but let's stay positive for now.  Silversea will have to start getting the ship and crew ready pretty soon to make this happen, they must have some faith in Aus opening up as promised with 80% vax.

48 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Silversea will have to start getting the ship and crew ready pretty soon to make this happen, they must have some faith in Aus opening up as promised with 80% vax.

Silver Muse has just this week finished  an Alaska season and is rumoured to be heading to Asia soon to drop off crew

My guess is she’ll stay in that area until it’s time to head here and have the fully vaccinated crew go through a mandatory quarantine period