Anyone in Colorado Scoring COVID Policies?

canderson

Have been looking around and have found that the Colorado Division of Insurance STILL hasn't come to terms with some of the usual players with regard to adding COVID coverage to travel policies.

Not looking for cancel-for-any-reason coverage, nor any related to pre-existing conditions, just something available in Colorado that would cover a) any quarantine/care/repatriation that might occur as the result of an actual positive case and resultant disembarkation, or more important, b) even with a negative test, being booted at home port part way through a B2B  due to a contact trace issue.

We already have coverage for the sort of pre-COVID issues that could pop up.

I did a search on squaremouth.com using the state of Colorado and applying the pandemic filter. Several choices came up. You’ll notice that there is no specific language about Covid coverage in the policy certificate. When you click on details, the plan summary simply says that Covid cancellation and trip interruption are included. They are covering it as any other illness.

Forbes recommends some of these policies because they have higher than usual dollar limits for medical/evacuation, probably more than you need for Covid itself because vaccinated people aren’t likely to get seriously ill. It can happen though, and high limits are good for any medical emergency. Some of them are also backed by the squaremouth No complaint policy, meaning they will assist you in resolving problems with claims.

One plan that caught my attention is the Trawick International Safe Travels. I did not realize it is underwritten by Nationwide. The attractive thing about it is that it covers up to $2,000 for trip delay. That is the part that will cover you if you test positive at the end of a cruise and have to quarantine before flying home. The trip interruption provision, which pays up to 150% of trip cost, is the part that would cover you during the trip. 

I don’t have personal experience with squaremouth or the policies, but take a look to see if any of them meet your needs.

• Thanks 1