Meraviglia Dining So Far

BikiniBlonde

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

That was not my opinion when I sailed on Celebrity Eclipse.  The YC Chef produced a better product.  

I was giving YC an underhanded compliment and really was comparing Le Muse to Luminae.  I thoroughly enjoyed the customization of getting lasagna, pizza and beef ordering impromptu at lunch or dinner.  Le Muse was less stuffy and more upbeat than Luminae.

• Thanks 1

Not YC.  Food in the MDR and buffet is a major disappointment to my first-time MSC cruising spouse.  Beef (beyond burgers) is more the exception than commonly available (free of charge).  He has never experienced MDR everyday options devoid of some beef steak cut.  And the buffet carving board is more likely to offer meatloaf (not worthy of carving) and pork cuts 75% of the time.  Even though we could pay to upgrade our culinary experience, MSC is missing the boat (pun intended) on North America IMO.

My husband is almost dreading our November Divina cruise.  If our final payment had not already passed, I would dump the reservation out of consideration for him.

Personally, I have found few food items to truly enjoy on our Divina cruise.  A major sticking point is the lack of display space utilized in the buffet so the selection is vastly truncated.  Less waste but less happy passengers.

A highlight is the pink frosted donuts at breakfast.  

Edited by logan25

The buffet was quite a major disappointment on the Seaview (Baltic) cruise I just go off.

The buffet was lacking in selection and especially quality at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I could live with fewer choices if what was there was good quality but it really wasn't.