Question re online check-in

Okay, so I am booked on Harmony in early October. Yesterday I got the email to complete online check-in so I was trying to do that today. The first two pages went fine but then I got to the health section. It looks like you are supposed to sign it but there is no option to do so and at the bottom of the page it says "You must be 18 to sign" (obviously, I am over 18!). So I am basically stuck there - no way to sign and/or go on to select my arrival time.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a place to click/sign whatever that I just don't see? Or is that some glitch with the programme? Anyone else experienced the same? I would ask Royal but it takes them forever to answer emails so I am hoping someone here can help!

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The health portion doesn't typically become available till 24 hours out - the rest of it should step you through, including picking check in time.

Huh, interesting. It didn't look like it. I completed the personal data and the credit card page and then I ended up on the health section (maybe it is a different one?). There was no way to go forward that I could see but I will check again.

Somewhere during the check in process you are asked to read and agree with the cruise contract. If you don't check the box at the bottom of that page you can't get to the select boarding time page (which is the next page after the contract page).

Edited by orville99

35 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Somewhere during the check in process you are asked to read and agree with the cruise contract. If you don't check the box at the bottom of that page you can't get to the select boarding time page (which is the next page after the contract page).

Yes, actually that is where I am stuck (there is some stuff about health at the top and I guess I focused on that). However, there is no box at the bottom, only the reference to having to be over 18. I tend to think it is a glitch so will try again later/tomorrow. But if anyone has more information (e.g. if the box is "hidden") I would appreciate it!

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you are doing this in a browser, try it on the app - if in the app, try it in a browser.

Good idea. I wanted to try on a different browser (as sometimes one works when another doesn't) but now I just get an error message so I am going to assume there is a problem on their side and try again later/tomorrow. 

Thanks for everybody's help! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

35 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Yes, actually that is where I am stuck (there is some stuff about health at the top and I guess I focused on that). However, there is no box at the bottom, only the reference to having to be over 18. I tend to think it is a glitch so will try again later/tomorrow. But if anyone has more information (e.g. if the box is "hidden") I would appreciate it!

You may have to scroll all the way through the contract to get the box to show up.

7 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Seems to be. Also, they have my C&A number and the correct age when I try to buy stuff in the cruise planner. It's so strange...

It seems to be related to your DOB, which is the only reason I can think of that would affect the system thinking you were not 18.  Did you scan your passport?  Maybe it misread your DOB and somehow that is causing issues.  Also try deleting your DOB (if it will allow you to) and then re-type it in.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

It seems to be related to your DOB, which is the only reason I can think of that would affect the system thinking you were not 18.  Did you scan your passport?  Maybe it misread your DOB and somehow that is causing issues.  Also try deleting your DOB (if it will allow you to) and then re-type it in.

That makes sense but I did just type in the date (and have retyped it). No scanning involved and I don't see how the date could be so wrong... 

Thanks everyone for the input. Just wanted to make sure it isn't a known issue that can easily be worked around (or just me overlooking something). If the problem persists I guess I will call tomorrow.

I had the exact same issue as the OP. You have to scroll to the bottom of the dialog box itself with all the terms and conditions -- not the webpage -- but the scrollable Health Acknowledgement -- to prove that you at least glanced at it. Only then did the checkbox appear and I was able to move forward.

If this doesn't happen for you, disable all adblockers etc. and try again. If it still doesn't work, contact RCI web support.