U.S. To Relax Non-Essential Travel Rules

Stumblefoot

Starting in early November, foreign travelers will be allowed in the U.S. with proof of vaccination prior to boarding U.S.-bound planes. A COVID-19 test will also continue to be required within three days of departure and proof of negative results must be shown. Enhanced contact tracing and masking will also be required, but there will be no quarantine mandate.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Starting in early November, foreign travelers will be allowed in the U.S. with proof of vaccination prior to boarding U.S.-bound planes. A COVID-19 test will also continue to be required within three days of departure and proof of negative results must be shown. Enhanced contact tracing and masking will also be required, but there will be no quarantine mandate.

Great, looks like we can do the Dawn crossing after all!

• Like 2

Thanks for this.  As I have explored news sites and CDC sites it appears to me that this applies only to air travel.

I do not know the current restrictions on people arriving in US by sea.

I hope that some member can cast some light on this matter.  

• Like 1

So pleased by this news! I am supposed to board the Dawn December 2 in FLL but thought it would not be possible because of the US ban on European travelers. Now, I really hope SS will not cancel my cruise. But in these times, we have to expect the unexpected!!

• Like 2

My daughter and SIL, having had both doses of Pfizer, are now looking to book flights to the US to see their granddaughter  for the first time - she will be having her first birthday, and probably walking.

I hope it works;  it was sad for them to just have pix and the odd video call so far.

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Lola

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WesW said:

One issue as another cruise critic on another board says:

Just one caveat - it is up to the CDC to decide whether they will accept vaccines not approved in the US, i.e. AstraZeneca.

We are both vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna. AstraZeneca is not approved in Switzerland 🇨🇭 

1 hour ago, WesW said:

One issue as another cruise critic on another board says:

Just one caveat - it is up to the CDC to decide whether they will accept vaccines not approved in the US, i.e. AstraZeneca.

fingers crossed, I got AstraZeneca!

4 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

why?

Looking for logic, and if I don't see it, I'm embarrassed at our inhospitable attitude. 

How much sense does this make? (going to try and paste from a US gov site)

"Temporary Travel Restrictions

Anybody, with the exception of U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and immediate family members, who has been in the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States at this time:

China

Iran

United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)

Republic of Ireland

Brazil

South Africa

European Schengen Region (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City)"

Visit The USA COVID-19 Travel Guidelines

So a US citizen (or the others as listed) can visit anyplace on the above list (say, Denmark), wander around, then come home.  But a citizen of Denmark is told you may not enter at this time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Looking for logic, and if I don't see it, I'm embarrassed at our inhospitable attitude. 

How much sense does this make? (going to try and paste from a US gov site)

"Temporary Travel Restrictions

Anybody, with the exception of U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and immediate family members, who has been in the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States at this time:

China

Iran

United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)

Republic of Ireland

Brazil

South Africa

European Schengen Region (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City)"

Visit The USA COVID-19 Travel Guidelines

So a US citizen (or the others as listed) can visit anyplace on the above list (say, Denmark), wander around, then come home.  But a citizen of Denmark is told you may not enter at this time.

Every Country has their policies—I know for friends of mine had to have a test before they could come back into the US.  Some places opened up to early, same as some states in the US—why because of money—health of citizens doesn’t mean much.  Just nan opinion / your are entitled to yours.

• Like 1