Magic Carpet on Edge and Apex. Cabin interference?

terigo

3 minutes ago, terigo said:

Hi.

Does anyone know which midship cabins are affected by the Magic Carpet being in front of them? We are in 10156, and want to make sure we don't have that going up and down in front of our cabin

Thanks!

Teri

Your suite is forward of the MC track. It won’t affect you. 

4 minutes ago, Crusin till Im Dead said:

Enlighten me.... what's the Magic Carpet?  And why might it cause interference ?

Kirk

It's mostly used as bar/restaurant but can be also used as a "tender platform" where passengers can catch boats to shore. So depending on where the Magic Carpet is at given point in time, it might block views of some staterooms 

b230809f-2498-4de3-80e8-86774b8aeab0-VPC

Edited by ETHTrader

4 minutes ago, Crusin till Im Dead said:

Enlighten me.... what's the Magic Carpet?  And why might it cause interference ?

Kirk

the photo below is it, and the MC does not cause interference in any way shape or form.  Afraid of wide open heights so was not for me but I do think it is an architectural win.

Edited by LGW59

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What’s cool about the outside S3 Suite balconies is the side window and the balconies are a lot bigger than the S2 balconies. 

one day will splurge for the front most S3 in the magic carpet track.

unobstructed view to the front of the ship through the side window.

unfortunately, there's only 6 of those rooms per cruise (6184, 7194, 8200, etc till the 12th floor)

47 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

It's mostly used as bar/restaurant but can be also used as a "tender platform" where passengers can catch boats to shore. So depending on where the Magic Carpet is at given point in time, it might block views of some staterooms 

b230809f-2498-4de3-80e8-86774b8aeab0-VPC

i dont think it'll ever STOP on a floor with staterooms.

it'll just pass them on the way up to 14th floor or down to tender.

of course if you are in a S3 when this happens, close your curtains. :)

Edited by fstuff1

42 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

the MC does not cause interference in any way shape or form.  Afraid of wide open heights so was not for me but I do think it is an architectural win.

yup, it allows for easier and faster loading of tenders.

also allows easier and faster loading of provisions at port

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i dont think it'll ever STOP on a floor with staterooms.

it'll just pass them on the way up to 14th floor or down to 5th floor.

of course if you are in a S3, close your curtains when this happens. 🙂

It does NOT ever stop on a floor where there are cabins.  Lower level for tender and upper level for restaurant/bar, also one other level but not where there are any cabins.  

Kirk, it is a bar/lounge that can move up and down like a huge elevator.  It is this ugly red like a construction elevator.  It does not move up and down with people on it.  Most of the time it is up on the 14th deck, locked in place, operating as a bar.  Some of the time, it is down at ocean level, as a tender space, allowing for more efficient loading and unloading of tenders.  

Someone above said it is used for provisioning the ship, but I did not observe that. 

I have not seen it anywhere but on 14 and ocean level.  I have never seen  it parked where it would obstruct any views from staterooms.  When it was down at ocean level for tendering, I forgot to run up to 14 to see the gap where it is normally parked.  I should have done that.

If you look at the photo and the deck plan the magic carpet would pass this cabin, if and when it is repositioned, which is seldom. However, as noted, this only happens occasionally and ,importantly, no one is on it when it is moved. The issue I would have with the cabin is that your view..looking right... will be impacted by the section of cabins sticking out. But I do not believe the MC will be much of a distraction. On higher decks..it could cast some shade on your veranda...   You might look at the forum that discusses Edge cabins. Many have attached photos.  We were on the other side of the ship... but it would have been interesting to experience this side..

• 1 month later...

My TA tells me that pax can book a for-fee dinner reservation on the MC.  Any info on that, specifically, when would reservations open up (I'm on 8 July 2022 sailing out of MS; first time on Celebrity)?  

That's a great picture of the MC, BTW.

thanks in advance

We were on a B2B last month and on the 1st leg the Magic Carpet didn’t move from Deck 14.  The 2nd leg the  Magic  Carpet moved from Deck 14 to Deck 5  on 4 days.  It  takes less than 10 minutes, makes very little noise, they are no people on it when it is moving.  It was fun to watch.

While it does not stop in front of any cabins, the lights from it will ruin your night view of the ocean. The Magic Carpet and the track it rides in are covered in LEDs facing outward. They are really bright and ugly. A bit more Carnival than Celebrity, in my opinion.

We were on the Apex TA last month in a starboard (right side), 11th floor cabin forward of the Magic Carpet. I love to look at the sea and moon reflecting off it at night. Because of the Magic Carpet and it's track lighting there was a constant blue haze or cloud that completely ruined the view. If I go on an E-class ship again (ehhh, but the way; didn't hate it; didn't love it), I will book the opposite side of the ship.

1 hour ago, a0176304 said:

While it does not stop in front of any cabins, the lights from it will ruin your night view of the ocean. The Magic Carpet and the track it rides in are covered in LEDs facing outward. They are really bright and ugly. A bit more Carnival than Celebrity, in my opinion.

We were on the Apex TA last month in a starboard (right side), 11th floor cabin forward of the Magic Carpet. I love to look at the sea and moon reflecting off it at night. Because of the Magic Carpet and it's track lighting there was a constant blue haze or cloud that completely ruined the view. If I go on an E-class ship again (ehhh, but the way; didn't hate it; didn't love it), I will book the opposite side of the ship.

Interesting, we were in a suite between the tracks and didn’t notice any blue haze or cloud effect.