Covid19 PCR test for 9/26 sailing

irishgirl666

1 hour ago, irishgirl666 said:

How did everyone make out taking the PCR test today?

We are on the 9/26 cruise. Went to Well Now this morning at 8 am first tests of the day. They said it will be 24-36 hours. But the tech told me the last time she tested she had it that evening. We showed our health insurance card, and did not pay. If we get a bill in the future we will pay it. Now we wait, and wonder!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suetravel said:

Went to a drive in test site, 11am and just got my results in 9 hours. I was expecting turnaround 48 hours. 

Where are you located in NJ?  We are in Camden County and trying to find a place that will do the PCR test with a reasonable turn-around time.  Used CVS last  Monday but still waiting for results (today's Thursday).  So we've eliminated CVS as a possibility for Bermuda regs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseyGem said:

Where are you located in NJ?  We are in Camden County and trying to find a place that will do the PCR test with a reasonable turn-around time.  Used CVS last  Monday but still waiting for results (today's Thursday).  So we've eliminated CVS as a possibility for Bermuda regs.  

That doesn't sound good. I did a practice run yesterday at CVS to see what their turnaround time will be as we sail on 10/17. 

32 minutes ago, ProblemCruiser said:

15 hours ago would've been 4PM EDT on 9/22.  If the ship is on 9/26 isn't that 4 days instead of the 72 hour rule or are the Bermuda rules different?

I was thinking the same thing. Yesterday was too soon. We cruise out of Miami on 9/26 and we’re getting tested today. We don’t have to worry about Bermuda because it’s not one of our ports, but we do want to have a pre sailing test just in case we test positive at the port. That falls under the 72 hour rule. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ProblemCruiser said:

15 hours ago would've been 4PM EDT on 9/22.  If the ship is on 9/26 isn't that 4 days instead of the 72 hour rule or are the Bermuda rules different?

Yes Bermuda rules are different, they give us 4 days before sailing and we need to apply for Bermuda Travel authorization.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JerseyGem said:

We have gone twice now to Test Now and Go in Malvern PA, which is a drive thru. Got tests back in the evening of the same day. They promise 24 hour turnaround.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JerseyGem said:

Are you near East Brunswick?  Someone on the roll call board said this place was good.  $95 and 20 minute turn around for a rapid PCR test.  You can check them out: www.brunswickurgentcare.org.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, deweytrader said:

Yes Bermuda rules are different, they give us 4 days before sailing and we need to apply for Bermuda Travel authorization.

Could you have waited to be tested today?  I don't think yesterday's test will count for NCL's help should you test positive at the port.

16 hours ago, shof515 said:

Has anyone found a place that will meet the Bermuda requirements and is somewhat reasonable priced? I have a few places in mind for my cruise at the end of October but I am not sure they will meet the report requirements

This worked out great for me.  I'm on 9/26 Breakaway to Bermuda.  Had the test at 3:05 pm yesterday (no charge) and it was read at 3:00 am with an email sent to me!  Great way to wake up today and find it already there!

Tip: Sites are walkup but you can "preregister" online.  They say it doesn't make a difference - one long line.  However, they took me right in yesterday (about 75 people in line but I was at busy Times Square site)!  No wait and done in 5 minutes.  Very efficient.

They did take my insurance cards but assured me no charge to me.  I also brought photo ID and had my vaxx card along (but I didn't need it).

If you're not already on the My Chart system for NYC Health and Hospitals you can open an a/c.  Your results appear there as well as by email.

Now I'm all ready to upload my vaxx card and test results for the Bermuda Travel Authorization form.

Good luck!

https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/covid-19-testing-sites/

34 minutes ago, robinbtigger said:

Could you have waited to be tested today?  I don't think yesterday's test will count for NCL's help should you test positive at the port.

Ncl management has responded to e-mails from Bermuda cruisers that they will accept the 96 hour test for the Bermuda TA in place of the 72 hour test in the event someone tests positive at the port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

This worked out great for me.  I'm on 9/26 Breakaway to Bermuda.  Had the test at 3:05 pm yesterday (no charge) and it was read at 3:00 am with an email sent to me!  Great way to wake up today and find it already there!

Tip: Sites are walkup but you can "preregister" online.  They say it doesn't make a difference - one long line.  However, they took me right in yesterday (about 75 people in line but I was at busy Times Square site)!  No wait and done in 5 minutes.  Very efficient.

They did take my insurance cards but assured me no charge to me.  I also brought photo ID and had my vaxx card along (but I didn't need it).

If you're not already on the My Chart system for NYC Health and Hospitals you can open an a/c.  Your results appear there as well as by email.

Now I'm all ready to upload my vaxx card and test results for the Bermuda Travel Authorization form.

Good luck!

https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/covid-19-testing-sites/

does the report you get meet the Bermuda requirements like address of lab, lab phone number, etc, etc 

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

does the report you get meet the Bermuda requirements like address of lab, lab phone number, etc, etc 

2 page very complete report.  Bermuda requires lab's "contact info".  On my report it gives lab name, address but no phone number.  Submitted my form late afternoon with vaxx card and test results in PDF form so hoping for a happy result.  I can come back here and let you know.

We did our 2 vaccinations through NY City Health and Hospitals so already had a/c open with MyChart.  My results came there.  They also sent an email with a link to My Chart for results.  Very well done!

DH needed a test a couple of months ago for a surgical procedure and he went to the Gouvenors location on Madison St. (Chinatown).  It was a mobile unit, not wait at all though he had pre-registered.

Times Square is in a building so not a mobile unit.  They had loads of booths and personnel.  Though they said preregistering still meant the same line, that was not the case when I got there.  There were probably 75 in line but there were lots of testing booths so moved quickly.  Those who had not pre-registered took longer as they had to fill out everything.

I also know someone who used the Chelsea site and it was little wait.

Having my vaxx info as well as test results, accessible easily on MyChart, makes it efficient with all info together.

There are lots of locations on that list so hopefully you can find something convenient.  No charge.  They do take insurance cards (if you don't have insurance, they still accept you) so no charge.  And very very quick turnaround (12 hours!).

On 9/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, goldmom said:

Ncl management has responded to e-mails from Bermuda cruisers that they will accept the 96 hour test for the Bermuda TA in place of the 72 hour test in the event someone tests positive at the port.

Does anyone have this in writing? I emailed and got a response back that we need the Wednesday test for Bermuda AND the Thursday test if we want coverage through NCL’s quarantine policy.

1 hour ago, Mlake09 said:

Does anyone have this in writing? I emailed and got a response back that we need the Wednesday test for Bermuda AND the Thursday test if we want coverage through NCL’s quarantine policy.

I, and many others, absolutely have it in writing that the Wednesday test for Bermuda will fill the 72 hour NCL requirement.  Hopefully they aren't now back pedaling!