Constellation from Tampa -still going?

travellerin1984

Hi!  
We have booked a longer Caribbean cruise on Constellation in January. Soon it is a time for final payment and we are hesitant about making the payment. We are ready to go and got a good deal but don’t want to risk our holiday money making a payment if the cruise gets cancelled. 
Does anyone have any insider information about the coming season for Constellation?

We just booked the Xmas cruise and final payment is due tomorrow. However, our CVP told us to hold off paying it until she can get the FCCs freed up from our recently canceled Apr 2022 Asia cruises and put on the Xmas cruise. Really don't feel like giving them any more $$$, but time will tell. Hopefully @candersonhas some good intel and she will start sailing again in November.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just booked the Xmas cruise and final payment is due tomorrow. However, our CVP told us to hold off paying it until she can get the FCCs freed up from our recently canceled Apr 2022 Asia cruises and put on the Xmas cruise. Really don't feel like giving them any more $$$, but time will tell. Hopefully @candersonhas some good intel and she will start sailing again in November.

Yes, I know the feeling… We live in Northern Europe so booking the flights, hotels and jetlag etc is a big project so it would be nice to know if it is a go or not. Our deal on sky suite is too good to pass so we would like to go but it comes with other expenses as well… Decisions decisions.

• Like 1

we are booked on a 10 day on the "connie" in dec. 21' and i periodically check oh how many empty cabins are available. The last time i checked there were 140 balcony cabins unsold.....I don't know whether to attribute that to the cruise lines spacing out the booked cabins, apathy by the cruise lovers, or the time of the year(right before xmas) or all three... The 2day out covid testing(yes we have been jabbed twice) has not made it any easier on my nerves, but if i had to guess i would say that these sailings this winter out of tampa on the "connie" will go as planned...Wish i had more concrete reasoning, but i like that she is very near florida as we speak and i know that celebrity likes having a ship sailing out of tampa during this time of the year, as they have been very well received by the public.....hope springs eternal......B&B in clearwater

13 minutes ago, retired dude said:

Wish i had more concrete reasoning...

Here's a little to work with.  Much early speculation about the sale of this half of the two non-Rev M class ships was put to bed as well based upon recent activity.

Connie had been floating around the Aegean and that neighborhood for quite some time.  One day, we saw a schedule that took her to Gibralter.  At the time, I was thinking, "If she makes that right turn to Cadiz, we're golden".  Sure enough, after leaving the Straits, right turn and several weeks in dry dock.  During that time, several things were accomplished, including some major mechanical work, including propulsion.  That work was the kind of thing you'd need to do if you planned to get at least a flawless full season out of the ship, and several more afterward.  Given how tight $ are now, that told us that Connie was unlikely to be sold, and would soon return to service.  Otherwise, this kind of maintenance would have been deferred. 

Also part of that dry dock effort was a blast-it-to-the-bare-metal strip of the hull paint and a fresh, new standard M Class X style paint job.  And yes, with the big, bold CONSTELLATION right up front for all to see.  Another reason to discount the theory that Constellation would be sold before the Fall restart.

Last, the recent trip to Port Everglades and some crew transfer put the icing on it.  They have no issues with restart quarantines (unlike a couple of other ships) having been sans pax for months and months.

We see nothing at all indicating a delayed restart, and fully expect to see an 11/7 sailing.

• Thanks 2

Hope  for those booked it will go.

We had an earlier booking ( last yr??) but that was " lifted and shifted"  to Reflection for this January out of Port Ev. Hoping Reflection is a go as well.  We are approaching final payment.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the Connie in FLL on Sept 17 as we docked on Equinox, happens to be our next cruise Dec 3 and 13th , I'm pretty sure it was heading for Tampa.  I had email for port changes and time changes a couple of days ago, also notifying us of a delay in final payment to 60 days out.  Of course we  had already paid them both.

Someone asked about the 72 hour swab for Covid, I went to CVS Pharmacy Thursday before our Sunday pm sailing, my husband's result came in 24 hours, mine done at the same time was more than 36 hours.  There is a pricy small clinic in the FLL airport, have not checked Tampa. Helen

I just booked the Constellation's 12/23/21 cruise today, so I sure hope it's going! My final payment isn't due until 10/24, so I'll see what the word on the street is in a couple of weeks.

This is a replacement for my canceled Constellation WBTA this year, so I hope I get to go this time!

Still waiting on port updates for the 11/22.  Grand cayman and key west probably no goes. Not worried really only cared about Aruba and Bonaire.  No check in yet more concerned on the tsa pre check which just got changed from 30 to 60 days.  All good.in this surreal times.  All indications show it as a go from various sources.  Now just need 45 days to pass 

• Like 1

I just booked hubby and I on the Constellation for Jan 24, 11 night. They have already changed one port of call but for me it’s not a biggie. I will be happy just to get on the ship. It’s been a while since we cruised do people still do ‘meet and greet’ parties or have get togethers? Are we even allowed in a group anymore? I just can’t imagine it will be the same.🤨

We're booked in a suite on the 7 November cruise and we received an email today to "personalize our cruise" so we feel confident that it's going to go. It would be nice to be able to do online check in but at least we were able to request bag tags and see our eDocs.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Care to share what port was changed? I board when you return,  for B2B, so I'm  sure we'll have changes as well. Thx

Hi sorry for the delay in answering we are now stopping at Roatan