CARNIVAL CANCELED ME !!!

rjrice1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We had a guy on vista last week I guess got cancelled. He  checked the box saying he had a cough that he told us was a chronic cough from being a ex smoker. He couldnt finish the health questionnaire and got a message to call and reschedule. Cancelled. 

Be careful what you say to carnival. 

Probably better to reschedule than to be banned for lying.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

You missed the point. The op husband used to use it. He no longer uses it. It was in his record history and so they got cancelled.

He is NO LONGER ON OXYGEN. 

OP needs to know how to remove it from their history so they arent cancelled again. Cant go to another line as she paid in carnival gift cards. 

The point is he used oxygen. Even if he isn't currently using, if he used before, he might need again in the future. The ships reserve their oxygen supplies for covid patients and emergencies.

All is good though.   Being a strong believer, God works in the mysterious ways,  there is always a reason for something.  May not know the reason but I am so sure there is a good one.

Grateful to be a live  and the ability to still travel.  

When we decide to book another cruise I will make sure they take the O2 off his medical information 

Now it's time to book a vacation to Aruba.  

• Like 2

I was booked directly with Carnival and they didn't notify me when my cruise was cancelled. I found out from other family members who were booked....they got an email.

This is not the only issue I have had with Carnival recently. But when I complained about that I was given a hard time by the fanboys.

I am trying again to use my FCC and OBC... hope my next cruise allows me to clear the books.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The point is he used oxygen. Even if he isn't currently using, if he used before, he might need again in the future. The ships reserve their oxygen supplies for covid patients and emergencies.

There are way too many situations that require people to need oxygen for a while to make a blanket statement on this.  

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, sanmarcosman said:

You're saying they could walk in and receive a 3rd dose of the Pfizer vaccine for the asking? Wow.

My brother in law (over 65 and diabetic) got a booster shot at Walmart 3 weeks ago when they were first discussing it.  He just went in and they gave it to him with no questions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rlindholm said:

There are way too many situations that require people to need oxygen for a while to make a blanket statement on this.  

Even more reason to deny people (for now) that regularly need supplemental oxygen or might need again.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Even more reason to deny people (for now) that regularly need supplemental oxygen or might need again.

That's a slippery slope.  Anyone with heart issues or who has ever had chest pain probably shouldn't be allowed on.  Anyone with asthma or severe allergies probably shouldn't be allowed on.  Any one with COPD (even if they have never required oxygen) or anyone who takes inhalers probably shouldn't be allowed on.  Anyone who has ever had pneumonia and needed oxygen for a little while shouldn't be allowed on.   I could go on...  

I just think what happened to the OP is stupid and the rule is too stringent.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

That's a slippery slope.  Anyone with heart issues or who has ever had chest pain probably shouldn't be allowed on.  Anyone with asthma or severe allergies probably shouldn't be allowed on.  Any one with COPD (even if they have never required oxygen) or anyone who takes inhalers probably shouldn't be allowed on.  Anyone who has ever had pneumonia and needed oxygen for a little while shouldn't be allowed on.   I could go on...  

I just think what happened to the OP is stupid and the rule is too stringent.  

Once upon a time, that was the case.

https://www.live5news.com/2020/03/13/carnival-cruises-adds-new-health-screening-questions-passengers/

Carnival's cruise line, Carnival's rules.

20 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

On the Dream this past week, there was a lady in the elevator with us once who was using oxygen. I wondered how she managed to get on board with it.

Are you sure it wasn't nitrous? Without asking her, we may never know.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Once upon a time, that was the case.

https://www.live5news.com/2020/03/13/carnival-cruises-adds-new-health-screening-questions-passengers/

Carnival's cruise line, Carnival's rules.

Wow.  I guess we've come a long way then.  This just bugs me.  My line of work has given me a different, maybe morbid perspective.  But life is short, we are all going to die one day.  The isolation from the past 2 years has been hard for most people and I would argue harder for people with chronic illnesses than for most.  If people want to take a risk and go live a little and do what they enjoy, why not?  And I get that this line of thinking is a little flawed because a medical emergency on board could effect everyone else but... I just hate seeing obstacles in the way of people who want to live life to the fullest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rlindholm said:

I agree it's just too nebulous. Carnival needs to accept a doctors statement the op offered that oxygen is no longer needed or being used and update the history.

My sister used to ask for a shower chair and it seems I have hc in my history, even though I'm not hc, but long in the past my sister sailed with me. I got changed once solo to a hc cabin without notification and my pvp of course defended carnival. That's why a ta is good who doesnt always take carnivals side. 

18 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Did you book your cruise with Carnival directly? Or with a 3rd party such as a travel agent?

I booked directly with Carnival too 

And yes put on hold for hours.. If is is special needs they are only open Monday - Friday 9-5; some guest aren't able to make calls as they do work 

3 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

I am pretty sure Carnival are not letting Nitrous oxide on board LOL.

Yeah that made me giggle.  I can't say I've ever seen someone walking around with a nitrous tank.  They might be the life of the party though.  

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:00 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Here is a link to a video that was posted by a family that was on the Mardi Gras.  At about the 1045 mark and later in the video, you can clearly see that the grandmother is in a motorized wheelchair and is obviously on oxygen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJk89ieh5DQ

There are six other videos from that sailing that were posted and you see her again in a few of them.

Actually it looks like a Bi-Pap apparatus ,not connected to oxygen.

His father was wearing an ALS mask in one episode so putting 2 and 2 together perhaps his mother had ALS.

Very sad situation. She did seem to be enjoying spending time with her family.

Should she be cruising during a pandemic is probably a decision not taken lightly by her family.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rlindholm said:

The restriction for guests who require oxygen or dialysis is a a CDC requirement to return to sailing. It applies to all cruise lines, not just Carnival,  and is set to expire Oct. 31. It remains to be seen if the rule will be extended.

The reason for the temporary restriction was to free up supplies, facilities, and personnel in case of a Covid emergency. Part of it had to do with the maximum amount of oxygen that could be carried under safety regulations.

53 minutes ago, Babr said:

The restriction for guests who require oxygen or dialysis is a a CDC requirement to return to sailing. It applies to all cruise lines, not just Carnival,  and is set to expire Oct. 31. It remains to be seen if the rule will be extended.

The reason for the temporary restriction was to free up supplies, facilities, and personnel in case of a Covid emergency. Part of it had to do with the maximum amount of oxygen that could be carried under safety regulations.

it has been extended through March 2022 and may be extended 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Babr said:

While that makes sense it doesn't make sense to tell someone they can't cruise because they used to wear oxygen but don't now or haven't for a long time.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

While that makes sense it doesn't make sense to tell someone they can't cruise because they used to wear oxygen but don't now or haven't for a long time.  

Sure. I’m guessing Carnival saw it on the record and just cancelled the cruise. Apparently they are not willing to sort it out now. Perhaps it is easier for them to correct the record on a new booking when they are not on a timeline to complete and verify the manifest.

24 minutes ago, Babr said:

Sure. I’m guessing Carnival saw it on the record and just cancelled the cruise. Apparently they are not willing to sort it out now. Perhaps it is easier for them to correct the record on a new booking when they are not on a timeline to complete and verify the manifest.

I think their cruise that was cancelled was like next feb, surely enough time.

So what is the op to do, they paid with carnival gift cards so cant just request cash back. They are stuck with gift cards that seem now like a problem. 

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think their cruise that was cancelled was like next feb, surely enough time.

So what is the op to do, they paid with carnival gift cards so cant just request cash back. They are stuck with gift cards that seem now like a problem. 

It is a bad situation. Apparently, the OP never updated their record to reflect that her husband no longer used oxygen, and Carnival acted on that because it was the  only information they had.They probably cancelled hundreds of bookings that did not comply with the CDC/CSO ruling during the time period it is scheduled to be in effect.

Seems like the only option now is to figure out how to correct the record and book again.