2018 Constellation Dry Dock - what was accomplished?

Tom-n-Cheryl

To cut through the marketing flourish; the PH & RS were redone.  One specialty  restaurant was changed for a different one, a outdoor movie and seating was added on Deck 12 and the stateroom door locks were changed for RFID.

None of the updates that are part of Revolutionizing the ships has been done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

To cut through the marketing flourish; the PH & RS were redone.  One specialty  restaurant was changed for a different one, a outdoor movie and seating was added on Deck 12 and the stateroom door locks were changed for RFID.

None of the updates that are part of Revolutionizing the ships has been done.

Thank you for that update.  For some reason I was under the impression that Connie had the full makeover, including all staterooms.  Good to know.

10 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Odd - Kaspersky blocked that link (phishing)!

Tom

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you for that update.  For some reason I was under the impression that Connie had the full makeover, including all staterooms.  Good to know.

Connie was just about to see the Revolution, but COVID showed up and put the brakes on the whole industry about two months shy of Connie's scheduled makeover.

Just now, canderson said:

Connie was just about to see the Revolution, but COVID showed up and put the brakes on the whole industry about two months shy of Connie's scheduled makeover.

Perhaps I was thinking of Summit, which did get the full Re-do, hard to keep track.   I’m assuming that Infinity will be the last one to see any major upgrades.  Love that ship, but in 2019 she was looking a bit tired in places.

46 minutes ago, canderson said:

Given the short timeframe of the 'miss' (about 2 months), I keep wondering if there wasn't already a warehouse full of soft goods waiting that might still be installed before the 11/7 restart.

Good point.  It would certainly be nice to see that happen sooner than later.

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

Qsine  replaced Ocean Liners.

When I go HERE, it shows the specialty restaurants as Tuscan Grille, Sushi on Five, and Le Petit Chef.

Any idea why they don't have Qsine there? (we've never been on a ship with Le Petit Chef)

Tom

Qsine was replaced with Le Petit Chef.   They have been replacing Qsine with LPC on the ships since late 2018 or early 2019.

My guess is that Qsine was running it's course. 

When Qsine was introduced ordering on a IPad was different as was the menu.

Now LPC uses animation on your table, a set menu and 2 seatings a night, something different.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

When I go HERE, it shows the specialty restaurants as Tuscan Grille, Sushi on Five, and Le Petit Chef.

Any idea why they don't have Qsine there? (we've never been on a ship with Le Petit Chef)

Tom

Yeah ..  I changed my post twice trying to decide how to word it.  I started out with Le Petite, then remembered we were talking about what happened during dry dock, not more recent changes.

As far as I'm concerned, it went from cute to cuter.  

• Thanks 1

Love Le Petit Chef. The food is excellent and the animation definitely keeps you entertained. Just dined there on Sept 12th while on the Equinox. We had the menu with the lobster and filet mignon. Actually did both menus on the Silhouette in Feb 2020. We'll be on the Constellation Nov 22nd

Edited by cwayne

10 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Is LPC set up like a Chef's Table in that everyone sits together?

Tom

No, every party has its own table. There are 2 reservation times per night.  Everyone has to be there at their time before the dinner starts because the animation is the same over each table/plate.  The animation on your plate is only before and betweeneach course and not while you're eating.

• Thanks 1