emed covid testing

rln44

Do you have any idea how you schedule the appointment.

Sorry about piggybacking on your post....

Anyone who as used this test... could you tell me how you schedule the virtual appt? Can they be done on the weekends? Our cruise embarks on a Sunday and we are a little worried about getting the results on a weekend. Thank you in advance.

12 minutes ago, cruiselova67 said:

Do you have any idea how you schedule the appointment.

Sorry about piggybacking on your post....

Anyone who as used this test... could you tell me how you schedule the virtual appt? Can they be done on the weekends? Our cruise embarks on a Sunday and we are a little worried about getting the results on a weekend. Thank you in advance.

You just log onto the testing website at your convenience 24/7, couldn’t be easier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rln44 said:

I ordered these tests for our upcoming 10/8 cruise expecting to take the test on our PC but it now appears that they can only be taken using a cell phone.  Has anyone used these tests on their PC?

I used my laptop.  You just have to be able to angle the camera down to the table.

Alternatively, I suppose you could set up a stack of books or something, so that the test will be in view. 

• Like 1

Hubby and I just did our tests today. We both downloaded app to phone. Logged into Emed on computer, and were 2nd in que to get a proctor, a matter of seconds. A helpful hint would to place your laptop on a box, we used a pizza box, as they need to see you and then your test needs to be on a flat surface, so you have to angle computer down to view your test still allowing you to read screen if needed. We both were negative! An email is on your app that you can print.

So simple!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, STARGAZERS1001 said:

Hubby and I just did our tests today. We both downloaded app to phone. Logged into Emed on computer, and were 2nd in que to get a proctor, a matter of seconds. A helpful hint would to place your laptop on a box, we used a pizza box, as they need to see you and then your test needs to be on a flat surface, so you have to angle computer down to view your test still allowing you to read screen if needed. We both were negative! An email is on your app that you can print.

So simple!

We also found it simple, easy and convenient.  Much less hassle than booking online, driving to the pharmacy, taking the test in the drive through and waiting for results.  Easily worth the price. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

after you put the qtip in the packet. i'm assuming the proctor has to stare at it 15 min. but are you free to go do other fun things for those 15 minutes?

Only if they are fun things. 😊

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 1

We used our laptop. My husband positioned it on top of some books. They ask you to scan the test at the beginning and also scan it after the 15 minutes are up, before they examine the results. We got up and walked around during the 15 minutes, but the test needs to stay in place in camera view. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  Curious, did you hold the QR Code up the your laptop camera.  Do you get an email confirming your test results sent to the email registered with emed???  Are they visible by logging into your emed account?  I understand we can see them via the Navica app, but I'd like to print something too showing our results.  Do I need to create separate emed accounts for both myself, and my husband?  Or can I use the emed account to view both our results?

50 minutes ago, julesbeara said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  Curious, did you hold the QR Code up the your laptop camera.  Do you get an email confirming your test results sent to the email registered with emed???  Are they visible by logging into your emed account?  I understand we can see them via the Navica app, but I'd like to print something too showing our results.  Do I need to create separate emed accounts for both myself, and my husband?  Or can I use the emed account to view both our results?

Yes, QR code is held up to laptop camera. Each person testing creates their own individual account with NAVICA.  To begin testing, you select the "Start Testing" link on the emed home page and it will instruct you to login to your NAVICA account.  Once test is completed the results will be sent to email on file with NAVICA and also appear on the NAVICA app.  We printed the results and used those to checkin with RCCL at the pier.  

Edited by hardinggrad

YTers and cruisers Parodeejay have done a couple of videos showing the testing.  The last one on their last day on Serenade (they had a day in between before boarding Carnival) they used their laptop and said how much easier it is to use the laptop.  There is no rule that you have to use a phone.  You can use your laptop and that's what we plan to do.

Where'd you get the idea you have to use a phone?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SConnolly said:

You can do other things  but you don’t want your screen to time out either, just be mindful.

15 minutes isn't that long so not sure why someone would need to do something else lol.  Just move your mouse/cursor ever few minutes or do what I have and set it to time out until 30 minutes of nonuse.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, BND said:

15 minutes isn't that long so not sure why someone would need to do something else lol.  Just move your mouse/cursor ever few minutes or do what I have and set it to time out until 30 minutes of nonuse.

With iPad how would I do that. I have auto lock in Settings but longest tine is 15 minutes or NEVER. 

Just now, LorraineP said:

With iPad how would I do that. I have auto lock in Settings but longest tine is 15 minutes or NEVER. 

As I said, keep moving the cursor, and, gasp, just sit there for 15 minutes to make sure it doesn't shut down.  

1 minute ago, BND said:

As I said, keep moving the cursor, and, gasp, just sit there for 15 minutes to make sure it doesn't shut down.  

1 minute ago, BND said:

OK thank you. 

11 hours ago, BND said:

YTers and cruisers Parodeejay have done a couple of videos showing the testing.  The last one on their last day on Serenade (they had a day in between before boarding Carnival) they used their laptop and said how much easier it is to use the laptop.  There is no rule that you have to use a phone.  You can use your laptop and that's what we plan to do.

Where'd you get the idea you have to use a phone?

Saw that Video myself