emed covid testing

rln44

57 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Is NAVICA the app we download to create an account?  Can we do that ahead of time, prior to purchasing the test kits? I'm having difficulty sorting through all the information, but I think it's beginning to come together. TYIA

Yes, you can download the NAVICA app at anytime and get your account set up. 
In the Apple store the app looks like this :

3F7C8EA8-235E-4A85-B017-CFDDE3CC1F69.jpeg

• Like 3

Regarding your screen timing out while waiting 15 minutes...I think the app must continually refresh such that your screen does not lock.  I don't think you need to change your lock time to more than 15 minutes or periodically move your screen.  I have my iPhone set to lock after 2 minutes.  I walked away from my phone while the 15 minute timer counted and it never locked on me.  Even if it did lock, I would think you would just unlock it and the timer would still be running.

It's possible that they watch your test kit the whole time but I don't think so.  They scan the QR code at the beginning and at the end so you can't switch kits.  If you try to change out the swab after the timer has started, you will probably end up with an incomplete result, not a negative result.  You would have just wasted money in a test kit.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes, you can download the NAVICA app at anytime and get your account set up. 
In the Apple store the app looks like this :

3F7C8EA8-235E-4A85-B017-CFDDE3CC1F69.jpeg

I have a google phone.  The app in the app store looks like this:

Cover art

But, when it's downloaded, it appears on my phone like the applestore one above.

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Regarding your screen timing out while waiting 15 minutes...I think the app must continually refresh such that your screen does not lock.  I don't think you need to change your lock time to more than 15 minutes or periodically move your screen.  I have my iPhone set to lock after 2 minutes.  I walked away from my phone while the 15 minute timer counted and it never locked on me.  Even if it did lock, I would think you would just unlock it and the timer would still be running.

It's possible that they watch your test kit the whole time but I don't think so.  They scan the QR code at the beginning and at the end so you can't switch kits.  If you try to change out the swab after the timer has started, you will probably end up with an incomplete result, not a negative result.  You would have just wasted money in a test kit.

Pretty sure they record your session and can re-watch it if an issue comes up, but from what I've heard, they do not watch it continuously.  When you go into your 15 minute wait time they are moving onto help another person which is why you don't always get the same person to read the test.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BND said:

Pretty sure they record your session and can re-watch it if an issue comes up, but from what I've heard, they do not watch it continuously.  When you go into your 15 minute wait time they are moving onto help another person which is why you don't always get the same person to read the test.

Makes sense.

I’m a bit confused. 
I have an emed account, I purchased kits through them online.

I have the NAVICA app on my phone, also have an account set up.

When I take the test do I need to do it through the emed site online and then the results will go to the NAVICA app, or can I just do it through the NAVICA app itself? thought I read that somewhere.

Lastly, , does my husband also need his own emed account? I know he will need his own account on the NAVICA app. Thanks.

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m a bit confused. 
I have an emed account, I purchased kits through them online.

I have the NAVICA app on my phone, also have an account set up.

When I take the test do I need to do it through the emed site online and then the results will go to the NAVICA app, or can I just do it through the NAVICA app itself? thought I read that somewhere.

Lastly, , does my husband also need his own emed account? I know he will need his own account on the NAVICA app. Thanks.

Im confused with some of this also - do i need the emed site to log in or navica to log in and take test?  I already have tests and think I made up an account when i ordered the test but it was my assumption that once we have tests we log onto navica account for the test taking not the emed.  

You go to emed.com to take the test.  You'll see a "Start Testing" button on the home page.  After you start testing on the emed site, you will need to provide your Navica account username and password.  This "connects" your emed testing to the Navica app for reporting results.  The results will appear almost immediately in your Navica app AND you will get a report as a password protected .pdf file in email.

You don't need to show a hard (printed) copy of your results at the port.  You can show either your emailed .pdf file (I suggest having it already open so you don't need to mess with the password at that time) or show the results page in the Navica app on your phone.  You can even screen shot the results and show the screen shot.  They basically just want to see your name, the date of the test, and the negative result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can buy a 6 pack directly from emed for $150:

Abbott’s BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag At-Home Test Kit 6 Pack (emed.com)

You can buy a 2 pack ($70) or 3 pack ($100) here:

Optum Store | Optum Store

It doesn't matter which of the above sites you use to purchase, the testing and reporting process is the same.  I suggest buying a few extra tests in case of an inconclusive result, so that you can take the test again.

3 minutes ago, jamon said:

Is this test available at CVS /Walgreens stores also...I thought I seen it at Walgreens, or must it be ordered directly thru the company...

The CVS/Walgreens tests are NOT accepted.  As far as I understand, they are the same test from Abbott Labs, but they do not include being monitored by a telehealth professional (aka proctored) while you are taking the test.  For the test to be acceptable to Royal/Celebrity, it must include approved telehealth monitoring.  The CVS/Walgreens tests are just for home use if you want to see if you've been infected.

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

For the test to be acceptable to Royal/Celebrity, it must include approved telehealth monitoring.

The ultimate would be for someone to physically take the test in front of the person asking to show the test results at the port.

Biker, who wonders what happened to the breathalyzer COVID test.

Edited by Biker19

Thanks for the info..I have printed it out...I have a walk in clinic near me that says they do the antigen test on site, and I can get the results in 15-20 while there, but in case they run out of whatever they need I wanted to buy these so I can do them as backup if needed...thanks for all your help....