Price drop after final payment

Kruisn'Kay

On 9/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, Shellbelle28 said:

They told her the "new" policy is the difference of $200 per person and above will be credited at 25% in Future Cruise Credit, not OBC.  

Please forgive me for being nosy - what ever became of this?  Our agent talked to several different NCL reps and we came away with absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, DMommyP said:

Please forgive me for being nosy - what ever became of this?  Our agent talked to several different NCL reps and we came away with absolutely nothing.

I would love to know as well.  This topic in general happens all the time.  Once 100% of fare is required, it the ship has lots of cabins left, they start reducing the price.  This is the same thing that hotels do as a date comes close and they have low occupancy.  It has happened to me many times and it is never easy to take.

Most cruise brands take a hard line on this but on occasion, they accommodate with a small win for the guest. We can count on that thought. 

7 minutes ago, DMommyP said:

I just heard back from my TA last night. She says "They changed the policy to where you only get a FCC for 25% of the difference." 

39 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I just heard back from my TA last night. She says "They changed the policy to where you only get a FCC for 25% of the difference." 

Thanks for the update. We were told that also and then they reneged on even that.  Cancelling and rebooking is too complicated due to Cruise Next certificates and it doesn't seem fair to our travel agent, but we definitely are not very happy. it sure makes me question the idea of booking early.

9 minutes ago, DMommyP said:

Thanks for the update. We were told that also and then they reneged on even that.  Cancelling and rebooking is too complicated due to Cruise Next certificates and it doesn't seem fair to our travel agent, but we definitely are not very happy. it sure makes me question the idea of booking early.

Since my upcoming cruise includes international airfare at a rate I can't come close to matching, the only way to upgrade now is to bid.

My other booked cruises are more expensive now, so will just take a wait and see approach.  On the one with sea days I will probably use my points to do an upgrade.

My PCC said that are taking a very hard approach to upgrades - no freebies at all, only possible if you have to pay an additional fee AND you booked with the same perks (so never an upgrade with airfare, since the airfare perk is only available if you book more than 90 days out).  Sailaway is looking better all the time....

My upcoming cruise went down and I call my NCL agent. Options now do not allow for cancel (past final), get FCC and rebook and use FCC as payment. FCC would have to be for a future cruise and not current cruise being rebooked, for now I left alone to see if it drops more in next month or so.

I'm booked on a Christmas/New Years cruise this year.  Final payment is due later this month.  I was going to cancel because I wanted to feel better about conditions on the ship and in the various ports.  I just happen to look at prices, and wow have they really fallen.  I can now get a balcony cheaper than the studio that I'm currently booked in.  Funny thing is, the prices of the studios didn't drop.  Just the insides, OV, and balconies.  I'm traveling solo, so the prices changes are really amazing for me because it looks like they are not charging a single supplement.  I don't think I can cancel now.  I'll never get another deal like this, especially on a cruise that covers both Christmas and New Years

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm booked on a Christmas/New Years cruise this year.  Final payment is due later this month.  I was going to cancel because I wanted to feel better about conditions on the ship and in the various ports.  I just happen to look at prices, and wow have they really fallen.  I can now get a balcony cheaper than the studio that I'm currently booked in.  Funny thing is, the prices of the studios didn't drop.  Just the insides, OV, and balconies.  I'm traveling solo, so the prices changes are really amazing for me because it looks like they are not charging a single supplement.  I don't think I can cancel now.  I'll never get another deal like this, especially on a cruise that covers both Christmas and New Years

sorry.  I just realized that my comment doesn't necessary apply to this topic since I've not passed final payment yet