Breakup on ship

Ms02

I had this happen to me a long, LONG time ago, albeit at a resort in Cabo.  I had paid for everything and I could tell something was up my boyfriend, who was...and honestly still is, someone I considered the love of my life...but anyhoo...he had met someone else (I found out later) and was acting very distant.  I finally said "Listen!  This is my first vacation in a LONG time, it has cost me a LOT of money, please at least ACT like you are enjoying yourself, or leave me alone!"  He was a great actor (apparently) because I thought things were fine, until he broke up with me on the way home.  So, I guess my point is...do what works for you.  Fake it, if necessary, to enjoy the rest of your vacation.  Or tell him to leave you alone...but I would have a conversation with him, ESPECIALLY if you have the steward separate the beds!  And if he's paying for everything...start buying cute guys drinks!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

On another thread op said they were "poor students" on a tight budget.  Let's not compound their problems.

Is that the one where they thought that NCL had made an error on their on board account (in their favor) and were hoping that they wouldn't catch it because NCL had been mean to them in the past?

5 hours ago, Ms02 said:

Wow, that's crazy. Glad this is at least a bit easier than your situation, but glad you enjoyed your cruise anyway. I've had a really nice cruise this far and I'll do my best to keep enjoying. 

Still haven't decided which of the possibilities @ProblemCruiser suggested I'm gonna go for, but i think he's already noticed that something is weird even though I'm a good actress.

Just act normally until the cruise is over well as normal as possible. DONT cause any scenes or bother or get into an argument on the ship. It is not worth getting thrown off the ship over, banned for life from NCL over or even arrested and charged over for either of you.

Edited by ace2542

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is exactly why I waited until we hit our 25th wedding anniversary to take our first cruise!  (well, it may have been more due to raising a family and having no extra money, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it 😎)

By that time we just fantasize about smothering you with a pillow in your sleep....

• Haha 4

I am a guy also and I think this is horrible for you.  Have as much fun as you can.  If you are still physically attracted to him why not "use" him for the rest of the cruise.  When you get back you can beat him to the punch and dump him before he dumps you.  There are plenty of one night stands on cruises all the time.  Try the love him and leave him tactic, who knows it may even make you feel better in the end.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

^^ exhibit "a" of why internet forums are a really lousy place to obtain relationship advice.

I think it's going fairly well, considering it's the internet.  I thought multiple people would have hit on her by now.

While I've made a few jokes and some of us have groaned about the situation,  I understand why she posted here.  Quite simply,  sharing a small room with someone who you suddenly don't trust can be scary and possibly even dangerous for a woman.  For that reason alone,  we should cut her a break and give some real advice (as some have) along with everything else.

• Like 4

Just food for thought MS02 also started a thread about onboard account, money tight, being students etc. Is it possible she’s just practicing writing skills ( Drama Class).

Makes me wonder if indeed this is fact or fiction.

If fiction she is a very good writer and deserves an A.

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Oops, I clicked on the NCL forum link and somehow it took me to the Dear Abby forum.  LOL

🙂

Saw the posted headline and thought for a brief moment that the general alarm was sounded onboard while at sea and it wasn't the muster drill or crew-only training exercise.  

Well, stay away from the outside balcony or open deck cause we don't really like to read/learn of anything bad or horrible to anyone, life is precious ...  In the unlikely case of an emergency, dial 911 for a prompt security response.  

Upon safely disembarking in 2 days and returning home, for your own safety and peace-of-mind, consult and see your PCP and I highly recommend getting STD testing to screen, just in case ... sorry about it all.  And, just move on. 

• Like 2