Blu dining on reflection

1960Travel

37 minutes ago, 39august said:

Your assigned dining room is Blu. If you wish to eat in the main dining room, speak with the maitre d' in Blu and he will arrange it. You can't just walk in to the main dining room as you have no assignment there. 

We are new to Celebrity also. Does that dining rule hold true for Luminae also? We are booked in a Skye Suite. Can we dine in the MDR? Or only Luminae.

Just my opinion, but eating in Blu is one of the main reasons people book Aqua Class.  You definitely should give it a try before switching to the main dining room.  More personalized service, a different menu.  Easier to customize your order if you need/want to.  And you also can eat breakfast there as well - much more relaxing than the buffet or the main dining room.  

You can ask your waiter or maître d every night to see the next day's menu and decide then.  Also FYI, like the main dining room there are standard items that are always available such as shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, Caesar salad, chicken, salmon, and a type of steak (forget which cut), crème brulee, chocolate cake, and perhaps a few others I am missing as I don't order them.

17 hours ago, pdanza22 said:

We are new to Celebrity also. Does that dining rule hold true for Luminae also? We are booked in a Skye Suite. Can we dine in the MDR? Or only Luminae.

If you are in a suite your assigned dining room is Luminae. However, the M’D can arrange for you to dine in the MDR or Blu subject to availability. In normal times there would be no issue with the MDR, however, owing to social distancing it presently may be more restrictive. I suggest on boarding you chat to the M’D and let him know the evenings you wish to dine in the MDR and let him sort it for you.

On some ships (M and S class) you can access the full MDR menu from Luminae. If it is the MDR food you wish to try then you do not need to access the MDR….However, if you are on Edge class this is not possible, they just have a limited number of ‘favourite items’. If you wish to access the MDR to dine with none suite friends then you also have the option of them dining with you in Luminae (additional cost), again discuss with the M’D…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

Perhaps it's a function of M/S/E ship class, but we are in an M class RS for our next two cruises, and our details show us as late (8:30 pm) seating which would apply to MDR.  We are in a RS for the cruise after that on S class and show early seating (6:00pm) for our MDR time.  So I don't think a suite causes any automatic 'assignment' to Luminae.

We have sailed in Aqua on Reflection twice. Both times we had people in our party who were not in Aqua. They couldn't join us in Blu but we had dinner with them on a few nights in the MDR. They had anytime dining. All we did was walk up and had no problem getting in. There are always a lot of people who eat in the buffet so it was not a problem. We usually would let the folks in Blu know at breakfast so they didn't wonder where we were. And believe me, they get to know you really well in Blu and if you don't tell them if you are going elsewhere for dinner (MDR, buffet, specialty restaurant) they will either ask about it later or once they even called our room to make sure we were OK 😀

And phoenix_dream is right. Best breakfast on the ship. Relaxed, superb service and incredible food. Have the blueberry parfait.

20 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Just my opinion, but eating in Blu is one of the main reasons people book Aqua Class.  You definitely should give it a try before switching to the main dining room.  More personalized service, a different menu.  Easier to customize your order if you need/want to.  And you also can eat breakfast there as well - much more relaxing than the buffet or the main dining room.  

You can ask your waiter or maître d every night to see the next day's menu and decide then.  Also FYI, like the main dining room there are standard items that are always available such as shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, Caesar salad, chicken, salmon, and a type of steak (forget which cut), crème brulee, chocolate cake, and perhaps a few others I am missing as I don't order them.

Perhaps look at the menus for both restaurants, via the Celebrity app, to help your decision? Should be accessible now....( "Dining -loyalty and suites" for Blu) I loved Blu, food and servers were great, and atmosphere relaxed. I hope you enjoy whatever you decide!

22 hours ago, canderson said:

Perhaps it's a function of M/S/E ship class, but we are in an M class RS for our next two cruises, and our details show us as late (8:30 pm) seating which would apply to MDR.  We are in a RS for the cruise after that on S class and show early seating (6:00pm) for our MDR time.  So I don't think a suite causes any automatic 'assignment' to Luminae.

You can be assured that Suites  cause an automatic assignment to Luminae and an AQ cabin the same with Blu.   The times given are just a function of the fact that their computer system stinks in some respects.   This has occurred since Blu was first instituted on the Solstice many years ago and has not changed for some reason.  It has been the subject of many discussions on this board. 

Edited by dkjretired

On 9/24/2021 at 4:15 PM, 1960Travel said:

We are new to Celebrity if you are  in a Aqua class cabin can you still attend the Main dining room also 

or are you to eat always in BLU

Thank you 

Just curious, why would you book an Aqua Class cabin and not eat in Blu? Eating in the Blu restaurant is the main reason we usually book Aqua Class cabins. The other reason we like these cabins is having access to the Persian Garden. If you prefer eating in the MDR, you would be better off booking a veranda cabin and if you wanted access to the Persian Garden, buy a pass for the length of the cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

On 9/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, phoenix_dream said:

This is only true on some ships (the Classics menu in Blu)

If you want to go to the MDR, just go to the select entrance (also known as anytime dining ). You needn't tell anyone .  Just the same as if you were dining in a specialty restaurant, you needn't tell anyone.   Suite class may also eat in MDR at will (but not Blu).