Concierge class

minniegidget

Well today I went from a window cabin up to the concierge class for my Oct 18th sailing on the Summit for free. So excited now I need to know what all the fuss is about. I see you get priority boarding but from what I hear that is no longer happening. With 300 or so people it is not real needed. Then I see priority seating selection in the dining room. Again not really needed.  A bottle of wine in you cabin. We have the drink package so again not needed. So can someone tell me what I get to look forward to? I’m just happy to have a balcony, also We are in cabin 7212 and 7208, very back of the ship. Anyone can tell me about those rooms?  Thanks 

Edited by minniegidget

Probably a better location on the ship; yours are aft facing, and I notice one is a handicap cabin. Concierge cabins on M class ships are larger than regular balcony cabins.  Extra points if you're chasing Captain's club status. If you're lucky, you might get an invite to a helipad sail away. 

Edited by mom says

3 hours ago, minniegidget said:

Well today I went from a window cabin up to the concierge class for my Oct 18th sailing on the Summit for free....

That is quite the upgrade 😎    The aft-facing cabins, such as yours, have extra large balconies, as noted by RichYak.  The balcony may actually provide more room than you need, but for the price you paid for the upgrade, why not? 
i enjoy the nicer bathrobes. But in general, Concierge cabins do not provide much extra these days.

4 hours ago, minniegidget said:

Well today I went from a window cabin up to the concierge class for my Oct 18th sailing on the Summit for free.

For Free?
Had you booked a guarantee Ocean View?
Never ever been upgraded.

I thought they wern’t doing upgrades, now that they have ‘Move Up.’

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

For Free?
Had you booked a guarantee Ocean View?
Never ever been upgraded.

I thought they wern’t doing upgrades, now that they have ‘Move Up.’

Recently off silhouette, one couple told our son they had been upgraded from a SS to CS. I guess if better rooms are not selling under move up they may as well give someone a treat in the hope they will book higher in the future. Certainly I would think they would want to leave as many inside cabins and window cabins as empty as possible just in case anyone needs to isolate…

Edited by chemmo

You have hit the jackpot! We sailed in 7203 on the Millenium which is adjacent to the two staterooms you’re staying in. I’m assuming that Summit is identical. I think one of the rooms may be an accessible room. It was when we were on board. 
These rooms are centre of the aft and have very large long balconies. Big enough for two sun lounges, foot stools, a table and two chairs. Half the outside area was protected by a canvas sunshade. It’s a quiet location and the view is wonderful. Here are some photos of what you can expect.

931B9A2E-5A53-433F-8957-698962857C59.jpeg

3354E0AD-0C0D-4207-AF0E-B636B7BDD018.jpeg

7D719EF2-8992-4E7E-B207-B5FEED153064.jpeg

CF3E7C97-6127-45C2-AD76-F8640BA003AD.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Thanks everyone. I’m super excited. Yes we were in a window guarantee  but it came down to the price of what r paid months ago was what theses room are going for now so I called to see moved see if we could move up. The food the aqua class was he same price and would have done that but no handicap room was available and my sister need the handicap room. Now I think even if the aqua class does come available I won’t want to move. The balcony looks amazing. 

8 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

Thanks everyone. I’m super excited. Yes we were in a window guarantee  but it came down to the price of what r paid months ago was what theses room are going for now so I called to see moved see if we could move up. The food the aqua class was he same price and would have done that but no handicap room was available and my sister need the handicap room. Now I think even if the aqua class does come available I won’t want to move. The balcony looks amazing. 

Don’t give up those cabins!  The views are stunning 

7FF3A018-9184-4403-A969-93A73DAEDAD9.jpeg

Personally, I like the location of the concierge cabins. That's why I book one.

As for perks, you get a bottle of sparkling wine (to toast your cruise), though we usually end up drinking it as we are packing. You get some hor's derves delivered daily, however they really are nothing to write home about. I usually tell the steward to just skip our cabin.

As for priority boarding, yes I believe that is suspended for now. The main perk I like is the lunch in MDR on embarkation day, so as to not have to fight the lido, but with the current embarkation that perk is on hold. I understand they are doing it on a sea day, which to me makes no sense.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The main perk I like is the lunch in MDR on embarkation day, so as to not have to fight the lido, but with the current embarkation that perk is on hold. I understand they are doing it on a sea day, which to me makes no sense.

It makes no sense to me either.   The purpose of the lunch was to provide a quiet alternative to the buffet on embarkation day.  It was a pretty limited menu, but it was nice to be able to have a quiet spot for lunch while waiting for the cabins to be ready.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

It makes no sense to me either.   The purpose of the lunch was to provide a quiet alternative to the buffet on embarkation day.  It was a pretty limited menu, but it was nice to be able to have a quiet spot for lunch while waiting for the cabins to be ready.

And from what I've read on CC, anyone on board can now enjoy the lunch when it is held.

We have one more booking in a concierge cabin slated for next March, as it was almost the same price as a regular balcony when we booked it in 2019 for 2021, pre-COVID and with all the perks intact. We later had to L&S to 2022, and hope that some of the amenities will have returned by then.

14 hours ago, minniegidget said:

The balcony in the accessible cabin (located on the left hand side of this photo) is even wider than the one in the photo. I’d choose this cabin again in a heartbeat. As for the aft view…it’s so relaxing. 

I know on some of the boats, they are clearing an entire floor of cabins and giving them to the staff to promote social distancing. On my last Equinox cruise, everyone on the sixth floor was moved into cabins on 7 and higher. Some had better rooms, some were kind of upset on the move. Maybe this is what is happening on your boat. If your original cabin was on 2 or 3, that may be the case.