EZair charging a $635 change fee - something new?

compozer

Is it a change fee or the difference in fare? From the Princess web site

Cancel flexible airfare up to 45 days prior to departure with no fees. Plus, book flights now with no amount due until cruise final payment.

Edited by skynight

I am within the time I am suppose to be able to make changes without a fee.    When I originally made the reservation,  I thought we would want to stay a couple days after the cruise but now we would prefer to come home right away.   Heck, for $947, I can probably book 2 nights at 5 star hotel.

Delta has made three different time changes to our flights since I booked and I called them a week ago to change the flights - they have that no fee change.  But they told me I have to make any changes with Princess.

Yes I recently changed my airfare and on the website I was getting a 900 change fee. I phoned air reservations and had them do it for nothing. I don't know what that's all about, as, like you, my airfare price had changed very little.

4 hours ago, cjpj said:

Yes I recently changed my airfare and on the website I was getting a 900 change fee. I phoned air reservations and had them do it for nothing. I don't know what that's all about, as, like you, my airfare price had changed very little.

Is there a special number for EZAir reservations?  If so do you mind passing out along?  I couldn't find it.

I don't think there is a specific number.   I have asked several times.   What makes me mad is that the regular reps think they can deal with our flight questions and usually after 20 minutes they will transfer me.  I have asked them to do it right away but they won't.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

This is a big reason why I book my own flights.  

I have found I can manage my own flights on Princess.com with EZ-Air.  I can then access airline website to setup things and manage it there as well.  I can self-manage for price drops (of course this would be impossible with the airline as they would have change fees).  Rarely have I had to get with an EZ-Air agent on the phone.  Sometimes I need to do the same with an airline - so I don't see much different that way.  But, hey, if it works for you, great.  I would do the same if no or minimal savings, but believe me, it's very hard to ignore the savings for overseas destinations compared to within N.A.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, clueless2 said:

Is there a special number for EZAir reservations?  If so do you mind passing out along?  I couldn't find it.

I called my PVP... it was one of the options on the recording.  I wanted to do it through my PVP but she was on the phone and somehow it went to a it reservations.  I was going to hang up, but they answered right away so I gave it a shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I have found I can manage my own flights on Princess.com with EZ-Air.  I can then access airline website to setup things and manage it there as well.  I can self-manage for price drops (of course this would be impossible with the airline as they would have change fees).  Rarely have I had to get with an EZ-Air agent on the phone.  Sometimes I need to do the same with an airline - so I don't see much different that way.  But, hey, if it works for you, great.  I would do the same if no or minimal savings, but believe me, it's very hard to ignore the savings for overseas destinations compared to within N.A.

We fly domestic in the US.  However, if we ever fly internationally for a cruise we will consider using EZ Air.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Agree 100%. Domestic flights no savings, but you cannot beat the international flight prices - especially if you book early. For business class they are over 50% less.

• Like 4

Yes, I agree.  I have not done a domestic cruise in many years - this is a Caribbean one so no international travel.    We fly first class so I love using EZAIR.    MY TA does not do any air for her clients - no problem for me - I like to have control.     

Here is what is happening.   I talked to my TA and she said cancel today since tomorrow is 45 days out and there should be no penalty.

Well - I tried to cancel and a message came up saying I would be charged a $653.40 penalty.   I called princess and luckily got on right away.   The guy said he would discuss it with EZAIR.   He came back after 10 minutes saying I needed to talk to customer relations and there would be a 20 minute hold.   So, I am on hold. 

While I was waiting I tried changing the date and changing from first class to economy (really dumb of me to book first for 2 - 2 hour flights early in the morning - too early to take advantage of free drinks).     Guess what - I would still need to pay an extra $95 because they will charge me the $635.40 penalty!!!!!    And their econo seats are much more than directly with Delta.    There is no where I can find that says they charge a penalty before the 45 change date.

With everything Princess has put me through this past year on changing ships, etc. , maybe it is time to look at Regent or Silver Seas.     I am not happy!!!!!

50 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Agree 100%. Domestic flights no savings, but you cannot beat the international flight prices - especially if you book early. For business class they are over 50% less.

It always pays to double check. The one time we used/needed EZAir, I checked the airline & compared to the EZAir price. EZAir was a LOT less. This was for a LAX to FLL flight.

For our Nov.  trans Atlantic cruise out of Southampton I booked our flights thru ezair. We fly nonstop Dallas to London Heathrow, then nonstop Ft. Lauderdale to Dallas, for $286 pp. I check daily. The flights have since gone up. I think when I first booked the flights they were $501 pp. 

Edited by 1965
  • Like 1

Wow - terrific price.   Flying internationally right now seems really cheap.   

STill on hold.   2   1/2 hours.   I have been taking pictures of my phone every half hour.   They aren't open tomorrow and I imagine on Monday, they will say - it is too late so not sure if photos proving I contacted them will help or not.

3 hours ago, compozer said:

Yes, I agree.  I have not done a domestic cruise in many years - this is a Caribbean one so no international travel.    We fly first class so I love using EZAIR.    MY TA does not do any air for her clients - no problem for me - I like to have control.     

Here is what is happening.   I talked to my TA and she said cancel today since tomorrow is 45 days out and there should be no penalty.

Well - I tried to cancel and a message came up saying I would be charged a $653.40 penalty.   I called princess and luckily got on right away.   The guy said he would discuss it with EZAIR.   He came back after 10 minutes saying I needed to talk to customer relations and there would be a 20 minute hold.   So, I am on hold. 

While I was waiting I tried changing the date and changing from first class to economy (really dumb of me to book first for 2 - 2 hour flights early in the morning - too early to take advantage of free drinks).     Guess what - I would still need to pay an extra $95 because they will charge me the $635.40 penalty!!!!!    And their econo seats are much more than directly with Delta.    There is no where I can find that says they charge a penalty before the 45 change date.

With everything Princess has put me through this past year on changing ships, etc. , maybe it is time to look at Regent or Silver Seas.     I am not happy!!!!!

Nothing like poor customer service to lose returning customer for any future business!

I put my phone in my jacket beast pocket when we went out to dinner.  It was still on hold after 3 1/2 hours.    I would pull it out once in a while after that and then they were gone.   So, not sure if it got disconnected when everyone went home.    We'll see if everything I spoke to the first rep about is noted     They are closed now on Sundays so we will see what Monday brings.   My TA said she would call Monday for me but she is still dealing with canceled cruises so I can handle it.   

Thanks for all your concern.