Vista Class Signature Suite under Lido - trolley noise?

The-Inside-Cabin

42 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

8087 - We are not light sleepers - having spent time sleeping right under the catapult on a aircraft carrier - so shouldn't' t be a problem for me

Assuming you are on any Vista class other than Noordam, that cabin appears to be under the carpeted area but you may well hear trolley noise.

Normally, if we are under the carpeted area - LIdo Market - we do not have issues including trolley noises but on a vista class if we are booking signature suites we book deck 6 as there are a few Signature Suites there and cabins above and below.  Hope this helps.

edited to say apologies as I misread you cabin number and had to edit.

23 minutes ago, kazu said:

Assuming you are on any Vista class other than Noordam, that cabin appears to be under the carpeted area but you may well hear trolley noise.

Normally, if we are under the carpeted area - LIdo Market - we do not have issues including trolley noises but on a vista class if we are booking signature suites we book deck 6 as there are a few Signature Suites there and cabins above and below.  Hope this helps.

edited to say apologies as I misread you cabin number and had to edit.

Thanks.....I will stick with this and try to get deck 6 if something opens up.  The price between the decks isn't very much.

3 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Thanks.....I will stick with this and try to get deck 6 if something opens up.  The price between the decks isn't very much.

Are you on a collectors’ cruise by any chance? If so, it’s worth a look to see if the same cabin is available on both segments.

If they are your TA/PCC can ask HAL to pull them out of inventory, put them on your cruise and book you.  My TA has done it for me several times.

If you are not, sorry to post again, but definitely, deck 6 would be my choice  - a few dollars more but it’s worth it IMO 🙂 

We were on the Oosterdam to the Mexican Riviera in March of 2020...2nd to last cruise from San Diego before COVID shut everything down. DH is a light sleeper, and the trolley noise drove him nuts. However, I don't have that problem, and loved our suite.  I would rebook but not DH.

Here's a video of our room....and I promise, I'm a much better photographer than videographer!

33 minutes ago, leerathje said:

We were on the Oosterdam to the Mexican Riviera in March of 2020...2nd to last cruise from San Diego before COVID shut everything down. DH is a light sleeper, and the trolley noise drove him nuts. However, I don't have that problem, and loved our suite.  I would rebook but not DH.

Here's a video of our room....and I promise, I'm a much better photographer than videographer!

Thanks for the great video.   We are not light sleepers.   We should be fine with the trolley noise.  

7 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Thanks for the great video.   We are not light sleepers.   We should be fine with the trolley noise.  

I had a Neptune Suite in a similar location on a ship no longer in the fleet.  Having grown up on military bases and married into the military, I can, and have, literally slept through explosions.  The trolley noise seems altogether different.  For one thing, the rolling thunder occurs only a few feet above your head and seems amplified instead of dampened by the ceiling.  Each time a trolley transitions from the carpeted area to a hard surface, it does so with a clang.  When one is closer to an uncarpeted area such as the pool deck, trolleys are used day and night for many purposes besides food service food, none of which are quiet and all of which reverberate along the ceiling.  Also, the intermittent nature of clangs and thunder make it difficult for the noise to become "white noise".  

IMHO, the only good cabin is one with passengers above, below, and across the passageway. Early on I got "upgraded" to a mini suite right under the pool deck and could hear loungers being dragged about in the early hours.  Another "upgrade" put me above the night club with boomety boomety until the wee hours of the morning.  Finally, I booked a cabin across from a blank spot on the deck plans and had a mop closet/scullery   directly across from my cabin door.

Now I select my perfect spot and request that my reservation be marked "No Upgrades".

Their idea of an upgrade is not shared by me.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

IMHO, the only good cabin is one with passengers above, below, and across the passageway. Early on I got "upgraded" to a mini suite right under the pool deck and could hear loungers being dragged about in the early hours.  Another "upgrade" put me above the night club with boomety boomety until the wee hours of the morning.  Finally, I booked a cabin across from a blank spot on the deck plans and had a mop closet/scullery   directly across from my cabin door.

Now I select my perfect spot and request that my reservation be marked "No Upgrades".

Their idea of an upgrade is not shared by me.

Ditto this.  Cabin location is very important to me and once I get the one I mark it Do Not Upgrade, as HAL's idea of an upgrade is not always the same as mine.  Besides, I still get upsell offers with the DNU marked on my reservation.