Exemptions

gogo65

So I thought this article was particularly interesting and believe that some cruisers may have thought it would be easy to get an exemption from their GP.

Doesn’t look like it will be so easy…

https://www.smh.com.au/national/digital-covid-19-vaccine-exemptions-available-next-month-but-almost-no-one-eligible-20210924-p58ugc.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I read on the ABC website, that some are picking up on the rise in "religious reasons" in the USA as a possible ground for an exemption. Standby for the lawyers to jump to their aid.🤑   Source

$$$$$ the only reason lawyers would be interested. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Basically saying your GP can’t give you the exemption it must be approved by the immunisation register.
If you want to enjoy ‘freedoms’ then you have to have an official exemption, and it will placed on your Medicare app/service NSW app.

Legitimate exemptions for COVID-19 vaccines can only be assessed and lodged to the Australian Immunisation Register by GPs, paediatricians and infectious disease physicians on behalf of a patient. Patients can’t access the register themselves.

The federal Department of Health said digital exemption certificates would be available through Services Australia next month as vaccine certificates are already.

1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

Basically saying your GP can’t give you the exemption it must be approved by the immunisation register.
If you want to enjoy ‘freedoms’ then you have to have an official exemption, and it will placed on your Medicare app/service NSW app.

Legitimate exemptions for COVID-19 vaccines can only be assessed and lodged to the Australian Immunisation Register by GPs, paediatricians and infectious disease physicians on behalf of a patient. Patients can’t access the register themselves.

The federal Department of Health said digital exemption certificates would be available through Services Australia next month as vaccine certificates are already.

Which neatly stops people going to a shonky GP to get an exemption.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Pay for read.

SMH and TheAge both allow 2 free articles per month, after which they want/expect you to subscribe.

It's easy to get around.  Either clear all SMH/TheAge cookies from your browser history, or just block cookies from those sites completely.  Some sites don't work properly if you block cookies, but I haven't detected any such problems with the SMH & TheAge websites.

2 hours ago, Obilix said:

Of course, if you know a shonky junior clerk at the Immunisation Registry, you might still be OK.

That would be a lot harder though. I think the application has to come through a GP and, if so, there is no guarantee it would be processed by the shonky junior clerk. 

Yes, of course you are right.

I just found it amusing to think that a doctor would risk his/her reputation and practicing certificate  just to please a friend/patient/relative, whereas a low grade public servant would obviously be considered more trustworthy!

Now if the task were to be given to a lawyer on the other hand ....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Obilix said:

Yes, of course you are right.

I just found it amusing to think that a doctor would risk his/her reputation and practicing certificate  just to please a friend/patient/relative, whereas a low grade public servant would obviously be considered more trustworthy!

Now if the task were to be given to a lawyer on the other hand ....

Clearly you have zero idea about lawyers.

22 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Clearly you have zero idea about lawyers.

Ah, the golden rule for polite company - never discuss politics, religion or lawyers 🙂 I think bankers were in there somewhere also 🙂 Oh, and I once get into strife talking about teachers. For the record, I am a scientist & we don't care what people say about us 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few points to consider when discussing Lawyers

All lawyers are filthy rich. They wear old fraying suit trousers with ill fitting mismatched jackets to court only to benefit you the client, by appealing to the sympathy of the judge.

All lawyers are absolute bastards, except of course for the one that represented you in your last court case, the one you won. He was the only nice guy in the room apart from yourself.

When the judge finds in your favour, remember it's because of the righteousness of your cause. When the judge doesn't, it's because you had an idiot for a lawyer.

When you go to see a lawyer, don't under any circumstances accept his advice on the actual law involved in your case. Tell him its a matter of principle. Tell him (or her) the money doesn't matter.

Insist that you won't settle under any circumstances. Yell and scream at him. Tell him you know your rights, and that you have important witnesses to back you up. Drop some politicians' names. Then when you lose the case, and the judge gives him a bollocking on your behalf for taking such an unprincipled, doomed, and meritless matter to trial, abuse and harangue him for being so hopeless, in front of everyone left in the courthouse.

If you are ever lucky enough to come across some dumb arsed lawyer who doesn't ask you for payment in full before accepting your brief, don't ever pay him, no matter how successfully he has conducted your matter. Be confident that he won't ever sue you for his money.

Remember, lawyers only act for you because there are some things even rats won't do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/28/2021 at 9:36 AM, ilikeanswers said:

Or that lawyer is also an anti vaxer🙄. You'd be surprised how many supposedly well educated people are in the movement. 

When the courts reopen they might not be permitted to appear.  Fair enough too.