Waterproof Phone Case/Bag

ReneeFLL

11 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

does it need to be waterproof? What kind of phone? 

It’s a Samsung G20 fe. It’s supposed to be water resist, but when I had it about 6” underwater for a few minutes it blanked out for a while. I put it in a bag of rice overnight and then it was fine. This is from their website - “stand up to 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes.” I’m thinking there might be a tiny crack somewhere that I can’t see since it gave me issues. I mostly want something to put it in while at Coco Cay while in the pool.

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, I put those in my cart the other day. Wasn’t sure, but now I’ll buy them.

They worked well for us. Nice if you go out in the water but nervous about leaving your phone and sea pass card and cash on the beach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, I put those in my cart the other day. Wasn’t sure, but now I’ll buy them.

We have had an Aquapak brand waterproof bag for years.  Not sure if the company is still around.  What I would suggest you do before you use it for your phone, test it at home.  Put a folded piece of paper in it, seal it and hold it underwater.  Take it out and dry it well before you open it.  If the paper is dry, you should be good to go.  If it isn't, read the directions and try it again before you give up completely.  We had a friend with a new bag a couple years ago in Bermuda.  We asked him about his new bag and he said it was new and he was trying it for the first time.  Unfortunately, he didn't see that his had a seal that needed to be done first before he did the outer seal.  He lost all his pictures from the trip, along with his iPhone, they don't like salt water. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

@reallyitsmemaThanks for the info. I did plan on testing it out in our pool first. I feel bad for the guy and his phone and pictures.

We tried to tell him that no water should be in the there but he said it was fine. At least we were able to share our pictures of Bermuda with them. 

We we also have these that are smaller and good if you are in the rain. Kind of like a double sealed ziplock.  I got them at the Container Store. 

64B2747D-9CE7-42C6-8DC4-06D426F47D3C.jpeg

324C71C6-890B-4416-982B-9FEB071E81EC.jpeg

18 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not to be flippant, but why do you NEED your phone while IN the pool?  Selfies?  So, like yesterday!

That is just mean and uncalled for.  If they want to take "selfie" pictures, then good for them!  If you don't want to take a selfie, then don't;  but to begrudge someone and insult them while saying "not to be flippant" is just childish. 

Edited by Surfguyxxx
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not to be flippant, but why do you NEED your phone while IN the pool?  Selfies?  So, like yesterday!

My guess is she wants to make sure her phone doesn't get stolen while she is in the pool, so she is researching a way to keep her phone safe and dry while she swims.  Seems smart to me.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Testing it in her pool so its is safe when out on excursions 
Why does it matter what others want to do while on their vacation? 

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

My guess is she wants to make sure her phone doesn't get stolen while she is in the pool, so she is researching a way to keep her phone safe and dry while she swims.  Seems smart to me.

I was thinking she was looking for it to be safe while she is on the beach...
Either way, I understand her desire to keep her stuff safe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s a Samsung G20 fe. It’s supposed to be water resist, but when I had it about 6” underwater for a few minutes it blanked out for a while. I put it in a bag of rice overnight and then it was fine. This is from their website - “stand up to 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes.” I’m thinking there might be a tiny crack somewhere that I can’t see since it gave me issues. I mostly want something to put it in while at Coco Cay while in the pool.

I was going to suggest a drybag, but it looks like you got some really good suggestions 

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

I have never taken a selfie in my life and I have no plans to start. I want one because of our b3b cruises next month on the Odyssey my husband will only be on the first and third with me. The second one is when I won't have anywhere/anyone safe to leave my phone. Yes I do take my phone onto Coco Cay with me. I don't NEED my phone in the pool and I'd prefer not to take it in the pool, but where else do you suggest I keep it and don't say on the ship.

Edited by ReneeFLL

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

That is just mean and uncalled for.  If they want to take "selfie" pictures, then good for them!  If you don't want to take a selfie, then don't;  but to begrudge someone and insult them while saying "not to be flippant" is just childish. 

Totally agree. I don't take selfies but tons of people do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Exactly. Normally hubby would be able to watch my stuff but won't be on an upcoming cruise with me.

2 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

Testing it in her pool so its is safe when out on excursions 
Why does it matter what others want to do while on their vacation? 

I was thinking she was looking for it to be safe while she is on the beach...
Either way, I understand her desire to keep her stuff safe

Correct. I will be using it on the beach and in the pool.

2 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I was going to suggest a drybag, but it looks like you got some really good suggestions 

Thanks I have ordered some. The dry bags we have for our boat are way to big. Truthfully I don't even know why we have them for the boat. Things don't normally get wet on it. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Exactly. Normally hubby would be able to watch my stuff but won't be on an upcoming cruise with me.

Correct. I will be using it on the beach and in the pool.

Thanks I have ordered some. The dry bags we have for our boat are way to big. Truthfully I don't even know why we have them for the boat. Things don't normally get wet on it. 😁

Have you looked at any of the locking bags? 
Kyss a little pricey but they have a great rating.
Also a few options on Amazon
I have this one in my cart, but haven't needed it

Or something like this one

A locking bad and a waterproof case and I think you would be good 🙂

I would like to think you could leave you stuff while in the pool at CocoCay but I have always been too worried to leave my stuff unattended. I can always replace my crap if I needed to, but why give someone the temptation. 

How could you take your very first selfie if someone steals your phone?!?!?!?  LMAO 

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. It was overwhelming looking at all the choices and trying to figure out what actually works.