Summer 2023 cruise programme.

Son of Bare

I'll be interested to see what they have on Arcadia as it is some years since I've been on her. Love Aurora too but worried about booking too far ahead on her now in case they dispose of her after Our Vera arrives next December. Solo prices are nearly always better booked at launch.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'll be interested to see what they have on Arcadia as it is some years since I've been on her. Love Aurora too but worried about booking too far ahead on her now in case they dispose of her after Our Vera arrives next December. Solo prices are nearly always better booked at launch.

Good point Andrew. Any bookings for Aurora for 2023/4 (and even possibly Arcadia) might be best described as, shall we say, ‘optimistic’, especially as P&O’s track record of handling cancellations when a ship is taken out of service has left a lot to be desired. We’ve just watched Sagas Spirit of Discovery pass us in Cowes. She looks a nice size. Certainly a heck of a lot smaller than QM2 which was coming the other way at the same time heading into Southampton!

• Like 1

We booked the Azura March 2023 repo on launch day and got a great deal, and all the balcony cabins on that cruise are now sold out. But I think that was a bit of a rush of blood to my head on my behalf due to  Covid.

However,  as we don't need specific cabins, I really don't want to think about Autumn 23 cruises now. It just seems like wishing your life away! 

And, let's face it, whatever the price,  you will still be bobbing away visiting the same old ports .

Having said that, I love a bargain!

Edited by Billish

11 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Good point Andrew. Any bookings for Aurora for 2023/4 (and even possibly Arcadia) might be best described as, shall we say, ‘optimistic’, especially as P&O’s track record of handling cancellations when a ship is taken out of service has left a lot to be desired. We’ve just watched Sagas Spirit of Discovery pass us in Cowes. She looks a nice size. Certainly a heck of a lot smaller than QM2 which was coming the other way at the same time heading into Southampton!

We will be on SoD this time next year.  Iona or SoD ? At my time of life, only one choice!

22 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Oh no please do not say that I have been waiting for brochure to come out for June 23 and want to go on Aurora for special birthday so hope she will still be here  

On 9/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, Selbourne said:

I'm sure I would love the new Saga ships but sadly, especially as they are all-balcony ships, the prices are sky-high, particularly for solos. I've so far found that solo fares are between approximately £320 and £420 per night!

Of all the larger ships, the only one I am actually keen to sail on is QM2. Whilst she is huge, her pax load is comparatively small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Electra 7 said:

Oh no please do not say that I have been waiting for brochure to come out for June 23 and want to go on Aurora for special birthday so hope she will still be here  

I'm certainly hoping that Aurora will survive all of 2023 just not entirely convinced that she will. It just depends how much the paymasters at Carnival Corp push P&O to dispose of the smaller, less profit-making ships.

1 hour ago, Electra 7 said:

I hope they keep them as well, that should ensure that they might struggle to fill the big ladies, which ought to mean very keen pricing, especially away from school holidays.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I hope they keep them as well, that should ensure that they might struggle to fill the big ladies, which ought to mean very keen pricing, especially away from school holidays.

Yes, I know what you mean but it would be interesting to know what sort of percentage of us who only cruise on Aurora and Arcadia will choose to move to another cruise line once they have gone...

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I am definitely moving my April 2022 cruise on Aurora to April 2023 (or Arcadia).  If they get rid of either ship, then I get a refund.  Simple.  Just not ready for April 2022 with all the restrictions and rules.

Having done 2 Seacation cruises and already the changes made to them at a later date I honestly believe that by April 2022 I hope there will be no restrictions onboard or at ports of call and think moving cruises over 6 months away is a bit jumping the gun.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Having done 2 Seacation cruises and already the changes made to them at a later date I honestly believe that by April 2022 I hope there will be no restrictions onboard or at ports of call and think moving cruises over 6 months away is a bit jumping the gun.

Let's hope so. 🤞

We're ok with the published protocols for our December cruise.  Would be better if the current published protocols are further relaxed by the time of our round trip TA next year, but not a deal breaker.  More concerned about getting off independently, which will be mostly out of P&O's control.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Certainly we would definitely move.  All the others are way too big for us.  Maybe only do one cruise a year instead of 2.

Whatever happens, I doubt if we'll ever go back to the level of cruising we did before Covid. One a year, in the spring or autumn would suit us.  We seem to have somewhat moved away from wanting to cruise a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Whatever happens, I doubt if we'll ever go back to the level of cruising we did before Covid. One a year, in the spring or autumn would suit us.  We seem to have somewhat moved away from wanting to cruise a lot. 

Similar to how The Ole Lady views cruising at the moment.  Trouble is not much out there currently to replace it.

Thoroughly enjoyed our Iona staycation though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Similar to how The Ole Lady views cruising at the moment.  Trouble is not much out there currently to replace it.

Thoroughly enjoyed our Iona staycation though.

We're thinking of more UK breaks.

The seacations have looked great, though. We moved our Arcadia 2022 cruise to one on Iona in March 2023, because we liked all the photos we saw. 

• Like 2

I never thought we had missed cruising as much as we did and didnt realise it until we stepped onboard QE in August and had a fantastic cruise with great service and food and never once felt in any danger or at risk.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Britboys said:

I'm sure I would love the new Saga ships but sadly, especially as they are all-balcony ships, the prices are sky-high, particularly for solos. I've so far found that solo fares are between approximately £320 and £420 per night!

Of all the larger ships, the only one I am actually keen to sail on is QM2. Whilst she is huge, her pax load is comparatively small.

QM2 is lovely our favourite ship. 2689 pax on a 150,000 ton ship is great, plenty of room. When you consider indy which is 155,000 tons and 4200 pax

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, jeanlyon said:

I am definitely moving my April 2022 cruise on Aurora to April 2023 (or Arcadia).  If they get rid of either ship, then I get a refund.  Simple.  Just not ready for April 2022 with all the restrictions and rules.

We are due on Iona in May - do you think the restrictions are going to last well into next year? Originally we thought  not, but seeing cases go up around us we are beginning to think that they will keep them next year. I can't say that I am feeling too excited about it at the minute to be honest. (I know you haven't got a crystal ball - well don't think you have - but just wondering what you and others think)

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are due on Iona in May - do you think the restrictions are going to last well into next year? Originally we thought  not, but seeing cases go up around us we are beginning to think that they will keep them next year. I can't say that I am feeling too excited about it at the minute to be honest. (I know you haven't got a crystal ball - well don't think you have - but just wondering what you and others think)

Sadly, I do think it is too early to know just now. We may be in a better position to know come January\February when we will see how things are going over winter. As much as I'd love to be back on board a ship in many ways, I'm quite glad that I don't have any more booked until late next Summer now...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Sadly, I do think it is too early to know just now. We may be in a better position to know come January\February when we will see how things are going over winter. As much as I'd love to be back on board a ship in many ways, I'm quite glad that I don't have any more booked until late next Summer now...

We have had 3 staycation cruises this year and although we enjoyed them all, that's enough. We have a Celebrity fjords booked in July and Iona Canaries next October. If they go ahead we will take whatever restrictions are in place at the time and still make the best of it.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have had 3 staycation cruises this year and although we enjoyed them all, that's enough. We have a Celebrity fjords booked in July and Iona Canaries next October. If they go ahead we will take whatever restrictions are in place at the time and still make the best of it.

My one next Summer is 19 nights and due to call at ports in Spain, Italy, Croatia and Gib. I sincerely hope we are pretty much back to normal by then otherwise they might be forced to drastically change the itinerary...

• Like 1