Summer 2023 cruise programme.

Son of Bare

56 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Which ship is doing Iceland, and will Britannia ever go back to the Norwegian Fjords?...........

Thats what I wanna know !!!!!!!!!

Can't see Britannia ever going back to Norway  - just not enough demand to fill both Iona and Britannia.

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Can't see Britannia ever going back to Norway  - just not enough demand to fill both Iona and Britannia.

But if LNG becomes available within the Baltic, Iona could maybe switch to that? Surely Iona can't return to the Fjords year in, year out, ad nauseum?

12 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But if LNG becomes available within the Baltic, Iona could maybe switch to that? Surely Iona can't return to the Fjords year in, year out, ad nauseum?

You wouldn't think so, but if P&O keep prices low enough, they can probably find 5000 passengers every week for 30 weeks of the year. 

It must  be  soul destroying for the crew. 

9 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Well there we go. I don’t get this info til it goes live.

Iona to Norway?

I didn’t mention Arcadia or Aurora as adult ships always have to cover the full spectrum so not worth speculating.

Thanks for the mention of Arcadia and Aurora. Your reasoning makes perfect sense. 🙂

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

She's not even started doing the Fjords yet, so it's a bit early for even P&O to begin thinking about making changes.

10 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I didn’t mention Arcadia or Aurora as adult ships always have to cover the full spectrum so not worth speculating.

Thank you, that makes me feel a little less worried. I'll feel better when their itineraries for 2023 are released, although I know that doesn't necessarily mean they will actually still be in the P&O fleet by then. Oriana and Adonia spring to mind.

Avril

• Like 2

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

She's not even started doing the Fjords yet, so it's a bit early for even P&O to begin thinking about making changes.

I was thinking more long term. We all expected Iona to do at least the first two summer seasons in Norway but is it sustainable long term? Especially when visiting a small number of ports on a 7 day repeating itinerary.

3 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I have been checking that website regularly but the info I am looking for (May half term 2023) isn't there yet. Hopefully won't be too long!

You don't really need to keep checking the web site.  There will be an enormous explosion of posts on here when the summer brochure launch date is announced !

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You don't really need to keep checking the web site.  There will be an enormous explosion of posts on here when the summer brochure launch date is announced !

Remember in the good old pre-covid days when we used to anticipate the 10am Tuesday "announcements"

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Now that the 2023 dates are out (at long last) have decided to re-join the forum and check out if anyone knows what the itineraries look like. If this post disappears I'll take the hint 😞 

I can clearly see you! Don’t you dare disappear!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Now that the 2023 dates are out (at long last) have decided to re-join the forum and check out if anyone knows what the itineraries look like. If this post disappears I'll take the hint 😞 

Nope, you're still here Presto, and welcome back. 

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, watsonbeau said:

The Summer 2023 and winter 2023/24 holidays are out in the UK at least on 3 November.  Sorry if you already know this !

Is that the on sale dates, and if so is it for all cruises or just the first batch?  I am assuming they will go on sale to higher tier loyalty club members first as well as the earlier cruise being on sale before the later ones.

10 minutes ago, tring said:

Is that the on sale dates, and if so is it for all cruises or just the first batch?  I am assuming they will go on sale to higher tier loyalty club members first as well as the earlier cruise being on sale before the later ones.

Have a look at the Release Dates thread, post #19

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Have a look at the Release Dates thread, post #19

Thanks a lot did not see that as using my phone.  We are away until 5th Nov and I thought we would miss it.  Hoping for a Canada and US in Sept, so plenty of time after that.

Edited by tring

Been stalwart P and O cruisers for years and by and large have been happy with what we have paid and what we got, the main problem is apart from the Caribbean they do not do long haul flights and pick up there ships in other parts of the world (or berth one abroad, except Malta) so its always a long sail before reaching these places, hence we are now booking with other cruise lines to try different ports and start and end destinations. we don't mind if its a long cruise (35,65,99 nights) but on shorter cruises we would  put up with a long flight and the jet lag on return to try out some different places.

Some ports we are glad to see numerous times , others not so much , so P and O a bit of variation wouldn't go a miss.

As for Aurora and Arcadia please do not dispose of these two ships for the new mega ships as although we've had good times on the bigger ships its nice to sail on a " proper ship"   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Been stalwart P and O cruisers for years and by and large have been happy with what we have paid and what we got, the main problem is apart from the Caribbean they do not do long haul flights and pick up there ships in other parts of the world (or berth one abroad, except Malta) so its always a long sail before reaching these places, hence we are now booking with other cruise lines to try different ports and start and end destinations. we don't mind if its a long cruise (35,65,99 nights) but on shorter cruises we would  put up with a long flight and the jet lag on return to try out some different places.

Some ports we are glad to see numerous times , others not so much , so P and O a bit of variation wouldn't go a miss.

As for Aurora and Arcadia please do not dispose of these two ships for the new mega ships as although we've had good times on the bigger ships its nice to sail on a " proper ship"   

P&O have nothing to do with Cruise Critic, so no good asking them!

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

I pretty much agree with your sentiment but recognise that P&O are out to make a profit and don't always pander to our needs, which is OK as there will be someone else who will.

I'm pretty sure that P and O have nothing to with cruise critic Jean, as if they did they might act on some of the constructive ideas put forward !!! By the same standard they obviously take no notice whatsoever of the customer surveys they request from passenger's,  and while understandably needing to turn a profit (as do all the cruise lines) feel they need to adapt to peoples changing habits 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Pre covid P&O always did world cruises lasting over 3 months, with lots of segments that could be booked separately. We never did any ourselves  but these certainly would have fulfilled your desire for far flung fly cruises with different ports of call.

28 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

I'm pretty sure that P and O have nothing to with cruise critic Jean, as if they did they might act on some of the constructive ideas put forward !!! By the same standard they obviously take no notice whatsoever of the customer surveys they request from passenger's,  and while understandably needing to turn a profit (as do all the cruise lines) feel they need to adapt to peoples changing habits 

Can't disagree with you there.