Do we have to all carry on our luggage with kids!!

sharon&family

• Guests who will undergo testing at the cruise terminal must arrive no later than 30 minutes before the ship’s final boarding time and must hand-carry their luggage on board.  

Since my 11 year old is unvaccinated and will have to be tested does that mean all of us should carry on our luggage?

Hmmm I did wonder why people had full sized luggage to board. We also didnt get suitcases x rayed and everyone jumped on my post like I just somehow forgot it happened. 

One security talked to a lady with a really really big suitcase, but walked away after, but she didnt have kids, just her.

This was Galveston.. and by the way we also skipped going thru customs after the cruise. Hope same thing on breeze. Faster. 

We went out of Long Beach earlier this month. We checked our luggage before entering the terminal where we ultimately got the kids tested. We didn't have any issues. I would presume that the only way you would have any issues is if the kiddo(s) wound up testing positive... not sure how they would handle that, or get your luggage back to you in that situation. 

19 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

Can you tell me where that messaging came from? I will be traveling with an unvaccinated child and haven't see that information until you posted it. 

Current Carnival Protocols - The link does not change. https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Unvaccinated Guests — Exemptions to Vaccination Standards

Requirements for cruise ships to enter ports outside the U.S. continue to evolve and Carnival Cruise Line must operate in full compliance with these regulations. Vaccine exemptions for cruises to the Caribbean will be limited to a very small number of children under 12, and teens and adults with a medical condition who can provide written confirmation from their medical provider that they cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Our sailings from Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and Maryland will operate under these criteria until December 31, 2021 with the assumption that current and evolving restrictions imposed by destinations will remain in place.

Vaccine exemptions for ships departing from Long Beach, California will be accepted for children under 12 and as required by U.S. federal law (in accommodation of medical reasons and sincerely held religious beliefs).

On Carnival Pride® October 31, 2021 from Baltimore; Carnival Glory® November 28, 2021 from New Orleans; and Carnival Miracle® November 28, 2021 from Long Beach, vaccine exemptions will only be accommodated as required by law.

Exemptions for children and adults are not guaranteed and are capacity-controlled based on the total number of vaccinated guests projected to be on board. Unvaccinated guests granted an exemption must abide by certain requirements and protocols, which include:

Testing
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.
Edited by grillinchillin
More stuff

• Guests who will undergo testing at the cruise terminal must arrive no later than 30 minutes before the ship’s final boarding time and must hand-carry their luggage on board. 
  •  
  •  
  • Can you tell me where that messaging came from? I will be traveling with an unvaccinated child and haven't see that information until you posted it. 

I got that in an email this morning.  We leave on the Mardis Gras this coming Saturday so we got it the week we cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mondello said:

Can you imagine how mad someone would be if they tested positive, couldn't fly home, had to quarantine and all their luggage was lost until who knows when.

Hardly seems worth it for a vacation does it? So stressful.

OP, best to keep all your luggage with you in the unfortunate case the test results are not what you were hoping for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

This was Galveston.. and by the way we also skipped going thru customs after the cruise. Hope same thing on breeze. Faster. 

Lol here we go again. Are you saying there wasn't any kind of CBP check of any kind? I'm not trying to start an argument but trying to understand why it seems Galveston cruiseport is doing things so differently. At Port Canaveral, CBP was done via facial recognition.You looked into a camera and then was cleared. Never had to take out our passports, but there was DEFINITELY CBP checks. Are you implying none of that happens at Galveston? 

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, sharon&family said:

Since my 11 year old is unvaccinated and will have to be tested does that mean all of us should carry on our luggage?

Not just "should".  Must.

Edit: I missed that the other guests in the party are not specified.  I would call Carnival. 1.800.764.7419

Edited by IntrepidFromDC

Thanks OP. I figured it was in an email to those effected since it is not posted in the current protocols. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. We are going to try to get an early boarding group but having luggage with us for several hours will be a real bummer. 

50 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

... but having luggage with us for several hours will be a real bummer. 

That's the small price you have to pay if you wish to cruise with someone that can't get the jab yet.  The alternative of course is to wait till next year to cruise and just go to an all inclusive that would not entail the bummer aspect of having to lug your luggage around waiting for cabins to open.  Or you could just do the simple thing and get a 100 pm check in and then go immediately to your cabins that are available at 130 and drop your luggage off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's the small price you have to pay if you wish to cruise with someone that can't get the jab yet.  The alternative of course is to wait till next year to cruise and just go to an all inclusive that would not entail the bummer aspect of having to lug your luggage around waiting for cabins to open.  Or you could just do the simple thing and get a 100 pm check in and then go immediately to your cabins that are available at 130 and drop your luggage off.

Most definitely. It is a bummer,  but not enough to deter us from our trip. I know what the options are, late check in is one of them that we might need to consider. The wording about carrying bags on has not been included in any of the Carnival Covid procedures.@grillinchillin even copy and pasted the posted Covid procedures for unvaccinated guests and at no point does it mention hand carrying your bags on. I glad I am finding out about this protocol now so we can plan our day accordingly. 

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

At Port Canaveral, CBP was done via facial recognition.You looked into a camera and then was cleared. Never had to take out our passports, but there was DEFINITELY CBP checks. Are you implying none of that happens at Galveston? 

We went through this exact thing in Galveston on Saturday.

33 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We went through this exact thing in Galveston on Saturday.

That makes sense and means that one didn't "skip going through Customs after the cruise" but went through a NEW CBP process.  Just trying to keep everyone honest and make sure people understand what's the truth behind a post. 

We have a suite for the first time ever so we get priority boarding and have a 10:30 check in time.  So I guess we will just have to carry our luggage with us until our room is ready.  We might check and see if we can drop them off around 12 if possible.  It will be a little annoying but not that big of a deal.  I definitely dont want to wait and board at 1 when we get 10:30.

6 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

Most definitely. It is a bummer,  but not enough to deter us from our trip. I know what the options are, late check in is one of them that we might need to consider. The wording about carrying bags on has not been included in any of the Carnival Covid procedures.@grillinchillin even copy and pasted the posted Covid procedures for unvaccinated guests and at no point does it mention hand carrying your bags on. I glad I am finding out about this protocol now so we can plan our day accordingly. 

Heaven forbid someone tests positive and you're not allowed to embark and you have checked your luggage.  It would be a logistical nightmare for them to retrieve it so wheeling it yourself would be the safe thing to do.  Only you can decide if dragging the stuff on Lido for over an hour is worth it.  I personally would do the 100 check in and then go right to the cabin.  Good luck.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sharon&family said:

We have a suite for the first time ever so we get priority boarding and have a 10:30 check in time.  So I guess we will just have to carry our luggage with us until our room is ready.  We might check and see if we can drop them off around 12 if possible.  It will be a little annoying but not that big of a deal.  I definitely dont want to wait and board at 1 when we get 10:30.

As I understand it under current procedures, suite guests (and ONLY suite guests) DO get priority access to their cabins at this time.  So, you might be good-to-go when you board.  🙂   

6 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

As I understand it under current procedures, suite guests (and ONLY suite guests) DO get priority access to their cabins at this time.  So, you might be good-to-go when you board.  🙂   

We went straight to room a couple weeks ago as a suite guest on panorama with no problems.  

I 'think" that is ANYONE on the same booking tests positive, then EVERYBODY on the booking is denied boarding as they are presumed to have been in contact with a positive tested person. 

I think it was a HAL cruise that had sisters booked, lived in different states, traveled separately, one tested positive, and both were denied boarding. 

Cruise lines are not going to get into the game of stories about who has/has not been in contact. They are not going to take a chance on anyone being infested getting on-board. 

So if a Kiddo, or unvaccinated adult, test positive, the entire booking gets cancelled. and you checked bags will be returned...someday.

• Like 2