Soft drink cost on board for non-drinkers

jjunnila

2 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I am sure you will have the opportunity to try the included wines before you decide.  You can certainly buy the package onboard.

On our first Viking we didnt have the SS package and the pouring were generous and nobody minded you takin away a glass after lunch or dinner.

However I am not a rose drinker (apart from Whispering Angel) so not sure about the normal offering.

The crew are very obliging and will look after you, I am sure.

Rather like on Azamara the onboard experience is superior to the back office.

Whispering Angel is my favourite rosè too.

There are several rose (my phone won't do the accent) wines available on board, they do change. The included one is usually on the sweet side, but there is a Spanish one usually available that is fairly dry. It's on the wine list for 7.50 if I remember correctly. Viking pours are 3 per bottle. It's not included in the package per bottle, but it is per glass.

Therefore I had to stay in the bar. Woe is me😊

• Like 1

Just a reminder to the rose lovers, that Viking has an unlimited BYO policy and no corkage fee in the dining room. You can consume your BYO anywhere on the ship without have to hide it in a sippy cup or a brown bag. You can bring your bottle to any bar and they will give you glasses -- they will even open it for you. Room steward will give wine glasses -- and a corkscrew if there isn't one hiding in the mini bar.

Package does not cover wine by the bottle but does offer a discount on bottles over a certain price (just don't ask me the current details).

• Like 1