Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22

bluemarble

Here are links to partial 2021-22 dress code and themed evening schedules for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth in PDF format. I've compiled these schedules from what other members have found on "My Cunard" within the day-by-day calendars for their voyages.  As of this posting, schedules are apparently not yet available for Queen Victoria.

QM2:  QM2 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE:  QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

This is very much a work-in-progress with many gaps in these schedules. I have filled in some gaps for QM2 under the assumption all seven-night transatlantic crossings will adhere to a standard schedule as they have in the past.

If you can fill in any of the gaps in these schedules, please post what you are seeing in "My Cunard" (or have learned elsewhere). If you are seeing schedules for QV, please post those here as well. I'll need the name of the ship, the begin/end dates of your voyage, and the dates and themes for all the "Gala Evenings" on your itinerary.

If you see anything that needs to be corrected, please post those corrections here as well. These documents reside on my Google Drive so I'll be able to update them there with your additions and corrections without needing to attach new versions here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

On 10/1/2021 at 3:03 PM, ClipperinSFO said:

Was 3 in the past iirc

That's what I thought. When the QE2 did 5 day crossings the first and last days were casual (because you wouldn't have access to your steamer trunk). But the middle 3 nights were formal. Even though the QM2 takes 7 days to do a crossing, I sorta assumed they carried over the 3 formal nights. With only 2 formal nights there's a bit less of an incentive to pack a tux.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

That's what I thought. When the QE2 did 5 day crossings the first and last days were casual (because you wouldn't have access to your steamer trunk). But the middle 3 nights were formal. Even though the QM2 takes 7 days to do a crossing, I sorta assumed they carried over the 3 formal nights. With only 2 formal nights there's a bit less of an incentive to pack a tux.

Exactly!

I may have mentioned it elsewhere, but we are staunch traditionalist and wear black tie 5 of 7 nights on a TA regardless. On the unofficial black tie nights, I get a bit more creative with my tie and cummerbund.  

• Like 2

Yes, there have been three formal/gala evenings on every QM2 crossing I've been on. My first crossing in 2005 was six nights. It had this dress code schedule (with three dress code categories).

Night 1: Casual

Night 2: Formal

Night 3: Formal

Night 4: Informal

Night 5: Formal

Night 6: Casual

For the record, for gentlemen, "Casual" meant jacket and tie optional, "Informal" meant jacket and tie required and "Formal" meant tuxedo or dark suit.

Recently for seven-night QM2 crossings, nights 2, 4 and 6 have been "Gala Evenings". The new dress code schedules are switching night 4 to "Smart Attire".

Gala Evenings for the Caribbean portion of M143B. (16 & 20 Dec confirmed as you have previously listed, as are 4th & 8th January)

23 Dec Black & White

25 Dec Red & Gold

31 Dec Listed as Gala Evening at present with no designation.

John

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, shippmates said:

Thank you for posting this schedule.  Looks like I need to find something for the Roaring twenties gala.  I need some suggestions for this as it was before my time.

Cunard offers the following attire suggestions for the Roaring Twenties theme.

Formal Wear
Gentlemen – Double breasted pin-striped suit or tailcoat & waistcoat. Fedora or top hat
Ladies – Flapper dresses, feather boas, beads, headbands and gloves

By the way @shippmates, if you could help me fill in the gap in the schedule for mid-August 2022, that would be very helpful. The dress codes and themes ought to be listed in the day-by-day calendar for your voyage within "My Cunard". I just need to know which nights are listed as Gala Evenings along with the themes for those evenings. Thanks so much if you can assist with that.

Edited by bluemarble

According to my Cunard here is the dress code for the 23 day sailing on QM2 in August of 2022.

August 5,7,8,9,11,12,14,16,17,18,19,21,23,24,25,27 are all smart attire

August 6 - Red and Gold Gala

August 10 - Roaring 20's Gala

August 13 - Gala

August 15 - Black & White Gala

August 20 - Red and Gold Gala

August 22 - Black & White Gala

August 26 - Masquerade Gala

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After receiving the schedule for another of QE's 7-night Barcelona itineraries during August-October 2022 (thanks, @Lynnewob), I think it's safe to apply the pattern from the known schedules to fill in gaps for the rest of those 7-night Barcelona itineraries.

Of course the elephant in the room is what is going to happen for QE's canceled voyages Q209N through Q217N. For now I have grayed-out the schedules for those voyages.

We now also have the dress code schedule for QM2's first voyage back in service (M141N) thanks to @Mickb.

• Like 1

I have updated the "QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule" document above to show the newly-released QE replacement itineraries for 20 Feb through 3 Jun 2022. Naturally I don't yet have any information about the dress code/theme schedules for those new voyages.

If you happen to book any of those replacement voyages and find the dress code/theme schedule listed within the day-by-day Calendar in "My Cunard", please post the schedule here.

The same applies if you are on any other voyages still missing from the master documents above for either QM2 or QE.

As a reminder, to keep things simple all I really need is the ship you will be on, the dates of your voyage, the dates which will be "Gala" evenings and the themes (if any) for those gala evenings.

Hello bluemarble

We’re on the Southampton to Vancouver leg, 43 nights, departing 2 May. From my Cunard today are the following……

2 May Gala - black and white

6 May Gala - masquerade

9 May Gala - black and white

11 May Gala - not specified

15 May Gala - masquerade 

18 May Gala - black and white

23 May Gala - not specified

26 May Gala - masquerade 

2 June Gala - Roaring 20’s

5 June Gala - black and white

12 June Gala - Roaring 20’s

i think there will be some changes to these as I can’t see the 2 May happening as this is embarkation day.

but it’s what is detailed currently.

C&M

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Castro and Millie said:

Hello bluemarble

We’re on the Southampton to Vancouver leg, 43 nights, departing 2 May. From my Cunard today are the following……

2 May Gala - black and white

6 May Gala - masquerade

9 May Gala - black and white

11 May Gala - not specified

15 May Gala - masquerade 

18 May Gala - black and white

23 May Gala - not specified

26 May Gala - masquerade 

2 June Gala - Roaring 20’s

5 June Gala - black and white

12 June Gala - Roaring 20’s

i think there will be some changes to these as I can’t see the 2 May happening as this is embarkation day.

but it’s what is detailed currently.

C&M

Thank you very much for your contribution @Castro and Millie.

I fear what they have done is simply retained the dress code and theme schedules from when these dates were part of QE's Japan itineraries. 2 May used to be the day after an embarkation day in Tokyo. I'll assume your first gala evening will actually be 3 May, the day after you embark.

The gala evening for your port day in Puntarenas on 23 May also seems questionable. That was originally going to be a sea day crossing the Pacific from Japan to Alaska. I'll leave that one where it is for now though.

The three repetitions of the black and white/masquerade themes at the beginning of your voyage are also suggestive of those simply being carried over from the previous schedules when those dates where part of three separate Japan voyages.

But it is what it is for now anyway. If you receive any future updates to this schedule, I'd appreciate learning about the changes.

1 hour ago, LadyL1 said:

Also booked one of the new QE voyages and on the calendar embarkation day is showing as a Gala Night!

OK, I'd still like to document the dress code details for your voyage, @LadyL1. If you'd be so kind as to post what you're seeing, I'll add it to the QE master schedule, moving the first gala might to the day after embarkation for your voyage as well. Perhaps I'll add a note that the schedules for the QE replacement voyages are only provisional. Thanks for your assistance with this project.