LIVE - Odyssey - 10/3-10/9 - It's been 84 years!

its-been84years-titanic.gif.a2916fef29a90fdfc91cb0bd0975d66e.gif

Hey all! It may not be 84 years since my last cruise, but it sure feels like it. It's actually been 938 days, but who's counting. And yes, using an image from Titanic for a cruise lol. 

There hasn't been a ton of live reports, and not a ton on Odyssey, so here I am! I've never done a trip report for a cruise, but wanted to give it a try. Will it last the entire cruise? I hope so but no promises. 

A little about us.. It's myself and my wife. We're both late 20s and early 30s. We'll be hitting Diamond this cruise! Our last cruise was pre covid and was in March 2019 on Symphony of the Seas. Normally we only go in March, so this is a first do us. 

A few months ago, we watched a cruise vlog (Trev and Chels.. If you haven't watched them, do it. They're wonderful) and we made it through one episode of their cruise after covid and we knew we needed to book one. We originally booked the 4 night Freedom of the Seas and about a month ago changed to Odyssey since it was nearly the same price and got 2 extra nights. 

Tested this morning and both came back negative for both!

20211001_071514.thumb.jpg.ba2f7ac1af7cc5c2658921a63d8409d5.jpg

Found out today our Royal Up bid of $105pp was accepted for a junior suite, so we got a steal of a deal! Also scored a big price drop a few weeks ago of over $700. 

Plans:

Relaxing! I just want to be on a ship again. In Coco cay, we booked an overwater cabana after it dropped to less than $800 for our cruise and I can't wait! We also have the unlimited dining package and drink package. First time having wifi on the ship as well. 

In Costa Maya we plan to just walk around a bit and get back on the ship. 

In Cozumel, we have reservations at Nachi Cocom. 

We fly out tomorrow morning at 6am and staying at The Conrad Fort Lauderdale thanks to a 60% off deal I got. 

Let's get this shindig going! Feel free to ask questions along the way and I'll do my best to answer anything.

Insert sad pupper pictures here:

20211001_115902.thumb.jpg.ae31f2d21a04c2312a6fb3da02f3f8bf.jpg20211001_115916.thumb.jpg.0062620b8d3b4395318dd1840809fd5e.jpg

Edited by colesc15
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

Can't wait to read about your adventure................we have to wait until January to be on board the Odyssey.  Love Nachi - so glad it is still open.  Have a great cruise

11 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I just checked and I got upgraded to a Jr suite too ($135pp)!! Are there any extras with a jr suite? I’ve only had balcony rooms. 😁

We love the extra space and upgraded balcony furniture! You get suite boarding and you also generally get access to coastal kitchen for dinner if available. We won't be using coastal kitchen since we have the unlimited dining package though since that feels like a waste.

Looking forward to reading along!! I'm on this cruise also and doing a live review....well pending my negative test that still hasn't come back. Can't wait to see the cruise I am on through your eyes 🙂

Have fun and don't let her leave without me if I'm scrambling for a test tomorrow lol.

• Like 1

I am So following!!! We are on her 10/31 ( embarkation should be fun with the Halloween costumes some have written they will be boarding in )  I have made a Royal up bid so fingers crossed. If you spend time during the day in the solarium, I am interested in the temperature and if it is hot. It seems like I read that it is air-conditioned. Is that possibly true?  Also I am interested in the temperature in the inside venues in the evenings ( such as Two70 the lounges and theater.) Wardrobe  planning and that fun stuff. New ship, so many question.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and taking you time to do this review. You are correct, there are not many out there.

Following!!

We will be boarding her in 13 days!!!  Also, having our wedding on board and it will be the first wedding on her!

We have had to change our wedding cruise 7 times since April 2020.....luckily we acquired extra FCC and found an inexpensive Grand Suite on the Indy and once it was moved we we put into the same room on Odyssey!!! 

Love seeing the pics and looking for great photo ops in our wedding attire!

How many people are on board for your sailing?

Are they selling the ship models in the gift shop?

Hope you are having an amazing time!!!

Edited by thjeepster
  • Like 2

We just got off and I’m sitting at home now trying to figure what to make for breakfast. Something I didn’t have to do for 8 days.  We bid on the jr suite but came up short so we spent that money on the UDP and so glad we did. Giovannis was amazing as enjoyed all the restaurants.   We loved just to be able to go where we want like playmakers and enjoy apps or Giovannis and just get a pizza for lunch.  We did 6 dinners  Giovannis twice. Chops twice. Teppanyaki. Wonderland   Izumi Giovannis and playmakers for lunch multiple times   Because of the pandemic we were extra generous with our tips to the waitstaff. Even in the MDR where we only went twice.   I think we were just happy to be out and on vacation again too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1