Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

Time for some Comparison's between Millennium and Equinox -

At fist look the major difference is the S-Class has 3 additional Decks and 76 Feet longer and 15 Feet wider.    Max Passenger Load of Equinox is 555 higher.

Suites on Equinox            72

Suites on Millennium      50

Aqua Class Equinox       130

Aqua Class Millennium  107

Concierge Equinox          277

Concierge Millennium    158 

Veranda  Equinox               743

Veranda Millennium          308

Ocean View Equinox            70

Ocean View Millennium      251

Interior Equinox                148

Interior Millennium           222

image.png.ded94eb60587023c90af35c12c854c9b.png

image.png.a5938146d1c887ea880128edb82b3329.png

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes mine updated and even has menus.  Are you on an iPhone.   Don’t think it should make a difference 

Well, darn.  I wonder what the issue is on mine.  I'm on an iPhone, the same phone on which it worked perfectly fine for my August/September cruise.  Might have to try re-installing...again.

17 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Jim..you're not really saying that the port in SD isn't pretty right?

The port is gorgeous.    Probably bad choice of words.... Terminal is what I'm referring to and in my opinion a bit rough around the edges.

image.png.b295b52a377da75aae3b47760170962b.png

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We didn’t attend any of the evening shows in the theater.  On our B2B they were doing just a 9 PM show, so it will be interesting if the capacity on your cruises will be high enough to support a 7 PM show in the theater too.  

But we found that when we left Luminae in the evening, as we headed upstairs to Cellar Masters to listen to live music, we could hear live music in the RendezVous too.  Sometimes we have found that we had to search for live music, but not on those two sailings.  Other evenings there would be a dance band in the RendezVous while Magnifica was playing out side the Martini Bar.  Also it seemed to us that there was more live music in the Cafe al Bacio.

Gerry

That sounds nice.      I'm getting more excited by the hour.

17 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

i should have been clearer, that was to you.  I thought your very recent trip might be giving more because you were more recent.  I’ve had several apps that only work onboard.  I wasn’t sure they always disconnected afterwards.  

My recent trip is showing the same data as the upcoming one.    About the only things I remember that would only work onboard was Account and Door Keys.    Don't remember if you had to be on the ship to make diner reservations as I never  used it.

15 hours ago, bandp407 said:

We just got off a 5 night Summit sailing & yes , the Oceanview was open for dinner. However the dining room was fabulous!

Just spoke to someone boarding Summit this morning.    Passenger load is 266 ---

We were on the Millie in Sept 2019 on a Transpacific after it had been refurbished. We loved all the upgrades and color schemes. Definitely enjoyed the size of this ship as it was easy to get around. We did a cabin crawl of the suites and cabins. Very nicely done. Enjoy your cruise Jim & Iain and I’ll be following along as usual.

14 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

As another ancient over 70 person, that didn't seem to have stopped you from renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers.  I've got an ABC coming up, so am interested in that.  We did those Twizzies there one year--those are fine if you're the driver.  If you're in the back seat, you'd better be a good contortionist!  They were fun to drive, though.

I think the golf cart rental was ideal for just pulling over wherever you wished and see what we wanted to see.     Was fun seeing the wild Donkey's and Flamingos

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brucefann said:

Wow that sounds like an awful experience! The whole port area in SD has improved. I love, love, love San Diego and feel very fortunate to live here! My daughter graduated from SFSU so spent a lot of time in the Bay Area, which I also love! Many fond childhood memories of visiting San Francisco also!

Hope no one think I am slamming the San Diego Port area.   I think it is beautiful and full of energy and things to do.    I was only referring to the Terminal which I had remembered as a big warehouse.   San Francisco's was even worse before the built their new Terminal.  

10 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

We were on the Millie in Sept 2019 on a Transpacific after it had been refurbished. We loved all the upgrades and color schemes. Definitely enjoyed the size of this ship as it was easy to get around. We did a cabin crawl of the suites and cabins. Very nicely done. Enjoy your cruise Jim & Iain and I’ll be following along as usual.

She is our favorite ship and haven't seen the 'Ol Girl since before her facelift.   The pictures really look nice.

Hopefully our Abbott tests will arrive today.       They have take 6 days in transit so far.    They shipped from about 40 miles away, went to Oakland then to Memphis and a return to Oakland before being moved to San Jose on Friday Night.     I guess they did  not send them priority as they are scheduled for delivery today.  

Glad I ordered them early.

10 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Excited to follow another trip report..never thought of doing this type of itinerary but it looks interesting 

I believe the cruise originally had both Newport Beach and Monterrey in addition to the current ports but was cancelled due to covid restrictions.     I guess we are lucky they cancelled Newport Beach as the oil spill has really affected they area and probably would have prohibited our visit.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:09 AM, Jim_Iain said:

A good resource is the Celebrity App.   I had to look it up because I never went up there at night. 

For the upcoming cruise it is showing open even for late dining. On Equinox they had no self service and staff to place items on your plate. 

8D91A218-0C16-4CAC-8936-A336300020FE.thumb.png.f6097e93679f653bb2f11b8333009615.png

Thanks. I did see this in the app; I just didn’t trust it and was looking for independent confirmation. 🤣 looks like I’ll be all set. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, Jim_Iain said:

A good resource is the Celebrity App.   I had to look it up because I never went up there at night. 

For the upcoming cruise it is showing open even for late dining. On Equinox they had no self service and staff to place items on your plate. 

8D91A218-0C16-4CAC-8936-A336300020FE.thumb.png.f6097e93679f653bb2f11b8333009615.png

We were on the Millenium in June and the buffet was open for dinner.  They did serve us, just like the Equinox a week ago.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:57 AM, Jim_Iain said:

We are currently in a Suite Guarantee and no room has been assigned.    I've bid on all the move ups available so will be interesting to see what happens.

I've been trying to book the Guarantee category with no perks as we already have most of those with Zenith.   

I will be interested to see how Milli looks also.    We were on her the next to last cruise before she went into dry dock for the Revolution.  

The Milli looked great in June!!  With us enjoying in June, everybody talking highly about it and you both mentioning it's your favorite ship, we booked her for a b2b in December.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The port is gorgeous.    Probably bad choice of words.... Terminal is what I'm referring to and in my opinion a bit rough around the edges.

image.png.b295b52a377da75aae3b47760170962b.png

Sailed from San Diego on HAL and had no problem. Its a port.  As long as it gets the job done.  Looking forward as always to your reports and pictures of the food!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hopefully our Abbott tests will arrive today.       They have take 6 days in transit so far.    They shipped from about 40 miles away, went to Oakland then to Memphis and a return to Oakland before being moved to San Jose on Friday Night.     I guess they did  not send them priority as they are scheduled for delivery today.  

Glad I ordered them early.

We had the same experience here in the East Bay. Originally shipped last week from about 20 miles away in Oakland, went through Memphis and then back locally. I don't think you can get more inefficient than that! They are supposed to arrive today.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hope no one think I am slamming the San Diego Port area.   I think it is beautiful and full of energy and things to do.    I was only referring to the Terminal which I had remembered as a big warehouse.   San Francisco's was even worse before the built their new Terminal.  

Worst port facility on our Ca Coastal  Cruise on Infinity was in San Francisco.. it was an old rickety wooden structure.. a series of circular ramps......no elevators,, really scary. Had to use it twice ( up and down)  b/ c we had an overnight there.  Princess ship got the nicer, newer pier across the water....X pier truly fell short.

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

As another ancient over 70 person, that didn't seem to have stopped you from renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers.  I've got an ABC coming up, so am interested in that.  We did those Twizzies there one year--those are fine if you're the driver.  If you're in the back seat, you'd better be a good contortionist!  They were fun to drive, though.

We were on the same cruise as Jim and did this also.  One of us is over 70 and he had no problem driving the cart unless I sent him in the wrong direction.  We took the southern route and saw some donkeys, flamingos and wind surfers.  It was nice to be able to stop when we wanted without getting off and back on a bus.  We did stop at a beach near the end but it wasn't that great.  It didn't take long and we were back onboard for lunch.  The next time we may do the northern route.   I still remember being on Woodwind in Bonaire with you when you did you first snorkel trip.  😊

Sue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GMoney said:

Here are pics of Millie yesterday in Ketchikan.

8BE42A25-33BC-49A5-A47F-A56E0E2D42E6.jpeg

1515D9B7-E1EC-49BC-A074-863023C9B9F7.jpeg

Thanks----- She's beautiful.      Can't wait to come aboard.     I was wishing they would have a repositioning cruise but I guess she will sail empty to San Diego.

2 hours ago, Margarita Jane said:

Regarding restrictions on ancients….we are booked on the Summit for a 5 day cruise. One of Celebrity’s offerings is a “Mayan Healing Ritual”, but restricted to those under 70. You would think those of us over 70 need more healing than youngsters!

Maybe they just need more healing than we do...       I'll find somewhere else to spend my money.