NCL Gem 9/26/21-10/3/21 dailies, menus, and helpful images.

Janicept

I took sceenshots every morning of the dailies from the NCL app in case I was in an area the WiFi wasn't good.  If you're going to carry your phone definitely use the app.  It's free through the ships WiFi.  They came up in reverse order but it's all there.

This album has pictures or screenshots of the MDR menus breakfast, lunch, and dinner; specialty restaurant menus (except somehow I missed the complimentary Asian restaurant menu); the room service menu; and some bar menus.  Every morning I would go and take a pic of the breakfast menu at the MDR.  The menu was mainly the same everyday.  There were two breakfast items that changed daily on a three day rotating schedule.  I would take pics of the lunch menu for the MDR on sea days, and the dinner menu for the MDR daily.  In the future we will not be booking restaurant reservations ahead of time.  I found the knowing the entertainment schedule and MDR dinner menu was important as well as trying to estimate when we might be hungry for dinner.  Obviously this is impossible to calculate months before the cruise.  

These are pics of the food and drinks we had.  Omg, so much food.  I definitely didn't take pics of all the drinks.  I mainly drank pinot grigio or sparking wine.  My husband mainly drank bourbon on the rocks, Kraken and diets, and bloody Marys.  I did have some morning sparking wine with a little cranberry juice which was surprisingly good.  I made some great friends at the Atrium bar and we met almost every morning for breakfast drinks before heading our separate ways.  

I only got off the ship once in Cozumel to check out the duty free liquor store at the port.  They have some great picks that we can't get here in NC.  Our favorite show was the Blazing Boots.  Even if you don't like country music it's entertaining.  My husband loved the cigar lounge.  It was small though with only four small groupings of chairs.  Our favorite specialty restaurant was Le Bistro.  Everything we had there was amazing and the service was great.  Remember to ask for coffee at the end of your meal.  They have the French press coffee complimentary.  I'm not sure why people rave about Cagney's.  My husband's veal chop was almost raw near the bone and the server never came back to check on us after he noticed.  I would recommend checking doneness near the bone before the server leaves.  We heard from another frequent NCL cruiser that Cagney's often undercooks steaks.  I will confirm the escargot looking dish that was served for lunch our first sea day in the MDR was scallops.  We did get actual escargot at Le Bistro.  Overall the ship never felt packed and the only thing I recall waiting in line for was the service desk.  Even the elevators weren't bad on disembarkation day.  I heard the ship was only around 60% capacity.  I loved playing trivia although the questions were pretty hard.  Looking forward to our next sailing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2