Referral Needed

Omittingstew

45 minutes ago, AussieBoyTX said:

I'd certainly be happy to help, but it's not possible to message you -- that feature is disabled.

Has never been possible on Cruise Critic.  I'm told that it compromises our promise of anonymity.  CC users who want to be contacted have to offer their email address (suggested as [name] "at" ISP "dot" com to try to foil bots from harvesting the info).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

I'm also looking to make a booking for my first Ponat cruise and would like to find a referral sponsor. Could you e-mail me at bcshell(at)gmailDOTcom if interested?

I emailed mine, if you'd like to use it.

• 2 months later...

I want to book my first cruise on Ponant's L'Austral to Antarctica November 2022. It would be great to get a referral to help us both out! Looks like I would need your name and Yacht club membership number. You can reach me at cheryl at cherylhale dot net. Thanks in advance!

Edited by cherylgrrl
error

• 3 months later...

I wish that I had seen this before I booked, I think it is a great resource for someone looking for a 'bonus' - every little thing helps.

I am booked on a back-to-back cruise November 22 on Le Boreal. Ocean cruise from Talcahuano and the Great Austral Loop following. Anybody on those cruises? Or is there a 'roll call' for those cruises?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, starcluster2 said:

I wish that I had seen this before I booked, I think it is a great resource for someone looking for a 'bonus' - every little thing helps.

I am booked on a back-to-back cruise November 22 on Le Boreal. Ocean cruise from Talcahuano and the Great Austral Loop following. Anybody on those cruises? Or is there a 'roll call' for those cruises?

Ponant doesn't have its own Roll Call forum, so these roll calls go in the "All Other Ocean Cruise Lines Roll Calls" forum.

Searching that forum for "Ponant" shows a couple of dozen roll calls spread over all their ships and several years.  Almost none got even a single response.  [The ships are small, most of the passengers are either French or booked through a group like Tauck – both factors that will keep Cruise Critic Roll Call participation down.]

If you decide to start a roll call for your cruise, be sure to include all the important search terms in the title, e.g. "Ponant Le Bellot November 22, 2022".  Also, you should start a roll call for each leg of the back-to-back, as some people will have booked only one.

• Thanks 1

Host Jazzbeau

Thank you for the information, yes, I have had the experience before of the expedition trips not having much following on the roll calls. It's not a problem as I usually go with no expectations of what a trip will be like and I'm usually very happy with the results. That said, I just hope that no more of my trips are cancelled and all will go well with them - it is always going to be a worry from now on until things settle down more........

On 6/16/2022 at 7:28 AM, starcluster2 said:

Hi Starcluster, not on those cruises but I’m on the cruise before yours (northwest passage), however there is a big gap, between ours finishing on the 30th September and your cruise. They’ve cancelled a Russian cruise and then another repositioning cruise before yours. 
We did Antarctica on Le Boreal and had an amazing time! I’m sure you’ll love every minute. 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:36 AM, gogo65 said:

Hi Starcluster, not on those cruises but I’m on the cruise before yours (northwest passage), however there is a big gap, between ours finishing on the 30th September and your cruise. They’ve cancelled a Russian cruise and then another repositioning cruise before yours. 
We did Antarctica on Le Boreal and had an amazing time! I’m sure you’ll love every minute. 

Do you still think that your trip will be a 'go'? My trip from Talcahuano to Ushuaia was also cancelled today, big upset with my plans as I've already booked my flights and such. Like, how does Ponant get the ship from Nome to Ushuaia without going down the west coast of the Americas? Do they turn around and go back to the Atlantic and go south that way?? Much to think about with my trip now as it will not be as I anticipated, I like spending days at sea. Also, a lot of money involved at the moment, it may be that I'll never get to go to the Antarctic again. Must check their web site to see what else is cancelled - if it goes that far out. 

6 hours ago, starcluster2 said:

Do you still think that your trip will be a 'go'? My trip from Talcahuano to Ushuaia was also cancelled today, big upset with my plans as I've already booked my flights and such. Like, how does Ponant get the ship from Nome to Ushuaia without going down the west coast of the Americas? Do they turn around and go back to the Atlantic and go south that way?? Much to think about with my trip now as it will not be as I anticipated, I like spending days at sea. Also, a lot of money involved at the moment, it may be that I'll never get to go to the Antarctic again. Must check their web site to see what else is cancelled - if it goes that far out. 

Oh wow, thats terrible,have they said why its cancelled?? Agree that they need to get the ship down there, so it doesn’t make sense.

Our trip was changed from NE passage to NW passage, still starting and ending in the same ports just an extended cruise.

Our trip was only changed to the new itinerary in April, so I cant imagine they will change again, but I’m concerned now. I know there was a lot of cancellations when they changed the itinerary and there are a lot of cabins available but like you said they have to get the ship down to Antartica somehow.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, swiftx05 said:

Hi, I'd like to get a referral (name and yacht club number) for my first cruise with Ponant. You can reach me at swift_masterx (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thanks!

Hi swift, I’ve sent you an email 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rving Cruisers said:

We are also looking to make a booking for my our first Ponat cruise and would love to find a referral sponsor before booking. Our email is ccchemingway (at) yahoo (dot) com  if anyone is able to offer such a referral?  Thank You!

I'm happy to help and have sent an email.