Norway and Covid Restrictions for entry

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

Will our Covid -19 Proof of Vaccination- country of issurance Canada -  issuing province - Ontario QR code be accepted?

At this point in time, it is not. In fact, it has been removed from the list of countries even being considered for acceptance 😞

Edited by waiting2retire
Typo

25 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

At this point in time, it is not. In fact, it has been removed from the list of countries even being considered for acceptance 😞

Exactly, although presumably that will change.  I also presume that the Canadian or Ontario governments just don't consider this a priority right now, since they are still advising against travel.  On the other hand, I believe it *can* be done, since Viking seems to be doing it individually for their prospective passengers (I know they're doing it for the U.S. at least.)

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

How are you suppose to get an EU Digital Covid certificate when you are coming from Canada to Britain to cruise to Norway?

Right now you can't.  Or at least is very difficult.  If anyone finds a way, please share. 

What we didn't know back when we got those QR codes, is that they are not some piece of magic.  Each one is of a specific type, containing specific information in a particular format, and they are not necessarily compatible.

I do know that a possible work around is traveling to France first, & staying long enough to go through their system with an approved pharmacy:

https://parisbymouth.com/how-to-transform-your-american-vaccination-card-into-a-french-health-pass/

This pass would be acceptable under Norway's requirements

things to keep in mind:  1. there is no guarantee (which is why I personally switched my cruise to Med. instead)

2.   If your last shot (including boosters) is more than 6 months at when your traveling some countries won't accept...   we will both be getting 4th shots about 4 weeks before we leave, otherwise we'd have trouble in Italy & a few other places.

There's a good chance the U.S. will come up with an agreement with the E.U. by spring, but I'm not going to take the chance with final payment for our Norway cruise just weeks away.  We'll be going to Croatia, Montenegro, Greece & Italy instead...  very sad about Norway though. 

18 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I do know that a possible work around is traveling to France first, & staying long enough to go through their system with an approved pharmacy:

https://parisbymouth.com/how-to-transform-your-american-vaccination-card-into-a-french-health-pass/

This pass would be acceptable under Norway's requirements

things to keep in mind:  1. there is no guarantee (which is why I personally switched my cruise to Med. instead)

2.   If your last shot (including boosters) is more than 6 months at when your traveling some countries won't accept...   we will both be getting 4th shots about 4 weeks before we leave, otherwise we'd have trouble in Italy & a few other places.

There's a good chance the U.S. will come up with an agreement with the E.U. by spring, but I'm not going to take the chance with final payment for our Norway cruise just weeks away.  We'll be going to Croatia, Montenegro, Greece & Italy instead...  very sad about Norway though. 

thanks. Might work if I wasn’t on a transatlantic cruise. Enjoy your Med cruise!

1 minute ago, waiting2retire said:

thanks. Might work if I wasn’t on a transatlantic cruise. Enjoy your Med cruise!

Thank you!   We've arranged 5 days pre cruise in Italy, & still have 4 nights to fill, trying to decide if we want to go the France route in order to secure our passes...  it would be nice to have for the future, although I strongly suspect the U.S. will come up with some sort of arrangement this spring or summer.

I hope your travel plans work out!