Suite Guest Drink Benefit

Carol28

I just received my Check-in email.  If I read it correctly, Suite guests can visit the Suite Lounge, and Diamond and Pinnacle guests will get drink vouchers.  Is that accurate?  I'd love to get drink vouchers, but we are Emerald and will turn Diamond on this cruise!  Will someone verify for me?

Just now, Carol28 said:

I just received my Check-in email.  If I read it correctly, Suite guests can visit the Suite Lounge, and Diamond and Pinnacle guests will get drink vouchers.  Is that accurate?  I'd love to get drink vouchers, but we are Emerald and will turn Diamond on this cruise!  Will someone verify for me?

Only D, D+ and PC members of C&A have vouchers on their SeaPass cards for drinks.

Suite passengers can get their drinks in the Suite Lounge, from the old "Diamond Drink Menu", during Happy Hours.  If you are on an Oasis class ship, there is limited stuff available 11-11.  (beer, wine, soda)

We were in the Suite Lounge on independence a few weeks ago and drinks were not limited to the old restricted menus as before. They were brought from the bar, not the little in-lounge bar as they used to. Frozen drinks and premium liquors were available.  I had my Hendricks & tonic every night. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

We were in the Suite Lounge on independence a few weeks ago and drinks were not limited to the old restricted menus as before. They were brought from the bar, not the little in-lounge bar as they used to. Frozen drinks and premium liquors were available.  I had my Hendricks & tonic every night. 

Same on Oasis 9/19

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

You actually will not turn Diamond until you have completed this cruise. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Only D, D+ and PC members of C&A have vouchers on their SeaPass cards for drinks.

Suite passengers can get their drinks in the Suite Lounge, from the old "Diamond Drink Menu", during Happy Hours.  If you are on an Oasis class ship, there is limited stuff available 11-11.  (beer, wine, soda)

so if in a suite, and diamond and above, do you get the drinks from the suite lounge PLUS the vouchers?  

Edited by jean87510

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Symphony didn't have limited wine and beer (or soda and water) from 11-11
Only during Happy Hour... I don't know if it was the old Diamond menu or not as we were never waited on so we left after sitting for over 30 minutes 

EDIT to add, we were not allowed to walk up to the bar...
And I asked on day 2 about the 11-11, one of the concierges said he would look into and get back to me. We are now over 6 weeks post cruise and I still have not heard from him. (not that I ever expected to hear from him after we got off the ship) 

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Like 1

Last week on Symphony they didn't have a way to make frozen drinks.  I don't know if that was a temporary thing. When eating breakfast lunch or supper you can get free drinks.  Anytime during the day you could get bottles of water.  When we ate at specialty dinners cokes were free. 

Just now, jean87510 said:

so to answer my question, do you get the vouchers PLUS the drinks from the suite lounge?

Yes.  However there is some variance between ships.  Some ships are implementing the old happy hour menu for SL drink, some are providing more of a full bar service with better liquor.  Nonetheless you should be able to have a few drinks in the SL during the cocktail hours and still use your Diamond vouchers anywhere on the ship or at private destinations like every other Diamond member.

This is not written in stone, so YMMV as Royal thinks about it and protocols change.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Similar on Oasis right now. Able to get beer, house wine, cider, hard seltzer (ie Truly) from 11-11 everyday. From 5-8, you can get any(!) mixed drink from the standard menu that is 13 and under, except frozen drinks. We’re most of the way through the drink menu at this point. I believe the same change applies to the diamond lounge and the drink passes. 

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Royal never used to have Hendricks.  I saw it at Giovanni's Wine Bar on Odyssey for the first time.  Celebrity was Hendricks.  It's good to see Hendricks making it to other Royal ships.    

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Yes.  However there is some variance between ships.  Some ships are implementing the old happy hour menu for SL drink, some are providing more of a full bar service with better liquor.  Nonetheless you should be able to have a few drinks in the SL during the cocktail hours and still use your Diamond vouchers anywhere on the ship or at private destinations like every other Diamond member.

This is not written in stone, so YMMV as Royal thinks about it and protocols change.  

If one is diamond or above, they would get vouchers plus free drinks in the SL during the designated time.

If one is not diamond, they get free drinks in the SL but NO vouchers.

Depending on the ship and the concierge staff, the free drinks may be limited to what they setup in the lounge or they may just fill the drink orders in the SL from a nearby main bar and have more choices.  That difference appears to be up to the ship (concierge?  Capitan?)

In the DL on Independence on my last trip, they just ran out ro OliveOrTwist and didn't setup a bar in the DL.  Yes, I'm talking about the DL.  But it appeared the SL operated the same way - but we were only JS so don't know for sure.

Edited by AustinCruise

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

No one knows why Royal is Consistently Inconsistent.  

I feel like In the suites lounge, the concierge has motivation to go above and beyond and earn more gratuity.  If he or she can get away with it and the ship also gets higher reviews so whoever is pinching penny’s will go along…. $$ is a strong motivator. 

1 minute ago, AustinCruise said:

I feel like In the suites lounge, the concierge has motivation to go above and beyond and earn more gratuity.  If he or she can get away with it and the ship also gets higher reviews so whoever is pinching penny’s will go along…. $$ is a strong motivator. 

On every cruise I've been on during the restart every crew member is going above and beyond.  They are very happy to see us.  I've had Diamond drinks that never used a voucher and a specialty dinner not charged.  All over the ship I've had drinks that never counted on multiple ships.  That isn't a coincidence or a bunch of crew trying to push the rules.  It's got to start higher up.

Will it last?  Probably not.  Right now though is a great time to cruise.