Drink Suggestions, Please

Schoifmom

I know that this has been brought up before, but this will be our first time having Cheers.  What are your favorite drinks to try??  Since we normally don't drink a lot, we will never reach the 15 drink limit, even if we try some drinks we end up not liking 🙂 

• Like 1

I second the Cucumber Sunrise. Very refreshing. I also liked the sweeter drink "The Deal Closer" at the Alchemy bar. They will also make you a drink "off the menu" if you tell them what you like. I told them I like Key Lime Pie and they made me a drink that tasted like Key Lime Pie.

• Like 4

I am also curious. Like you, I will never drink 15 alcohol drinks, but expect to make up the deficit with fancy coffee drinks and bottled water. I keep hearing good things about this Cucumber Sunrise and the Purple Sunset so I plan to try those. Sherri on CruiseTipsTV (YT) has an entire playlist on cruise cocktails. Look forward to more suggestions here, too!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeaBrz said:

I will never drink 15 alcohol drinks, but expect to make up the deficit with fancy coffee drinks and bottled water.

It's super easy, barely an inconvenience!  Our last cruise, we only came near 15 once, but according to my post-cruise, very generous estimates, we probably would have spent double what we did with Cheers.  Super duper good stuff coffee adds up.

• Like 1

Never been to the Alchemy Bar, but sounds interesting. John Heald had a drink on his FB post the other day, wish I could remember what it was called. Made several different ingredients and it was blue from the blue Curacao. I pretty much stick to Kiss on the Lips, Pina Colada, Bloody Mary in the morning, then I'll switch to gin & tonic or Crown and ginger ale. Back when they had Crown. Sob. Found the blue drink:

I think we would all enjoy a Sail Away right now! At The Watering Hole on Mardi Gras we make the Sail Away cocktail by combining 2oz of Absolut Citron, 1.5oz of White Cranberry Juice, 1/2 oz of Fresh Lime juice and a 1/2oz of Blue Curaçao in a shaker with ice. Shake until cold and then strain over fresh ice with a lemon garnish.

Edited by nlktx49

14 hours ago, SeaBrz said:

I am also curious. Like you, I will never drink 15 alcohol drinks, but expect to make up the deficit with fancy coffee drinks and bottled water. I keep hearing good things about this Cucumber Sunrise and the Purple Sunset so I plan to try those. Sherri on CruiseTipsTV (YT) has an entire playlist on cruise cocktails. Look forward to more suggestions here, too!

Thanks for the tip on YT.

BTW, not sure if you knew, but coffees (unless you add alcohol) and bottled water don't count toward your 15.  It's 15 alcoholic drinks.  All others are unlimited.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

BTW, not sure if you knew, but coffees (unless you add alcohol) and bottled water don't count toward your 15.  It's 15 alcoholic drinks.  All others are unlimited.

I believe their point was they could make up the $ amount by coffees, waters and other drinks even if they don't consume the 15 alcoholic drinks.

• Like 1

I made a game up for our next cruise.  I'm like you and really haven't had much, but since we have Cheers this is what we are going to do....   Throughout our cruise we are going to visit every bar/lounge and order 1 drink from their particular specialty menu.  This way I'm "forced" to try new things..  and with Cheers I don't have to really worry about not liking it, I just have to try it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, freewilly said:

The best way to maximize cheers is to request the specific brand of booze you want in your drink. Do your homework on brands and try different ones on the boat if you are not sure.  

This is exactly what I suggest everyone doing. I mean there is ton of different luquer and each has to find one for his or het taste. I cant understand people who drink only beer or only wine or some specific cocktail, It is always worth trying different things 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, freewilly said:

The best way to maximize cheers is to request the specific brand of booze you want in your drink. Do your homework on brands and try different ones on the boat if you are not sure.  

We spent a bit of time sampling old fashioneds from all the bartenders at the craft cocktail bars.  Was such a fun tour of different whiskies!  I'm honestly happy with pints of Guinness and shots of Jameson on land (though I usually take Bulleit for old fashioneds) but I really enjoyed getting to dabble I Carnival's dime.  I came away with a couple new favorites to find for the bar at home!

On another bar tour, we determined that I have no palette for vodka - might as well just order me Tito's, at least I recognize and enjoy the sweetness.  Can't win them all!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:40 AM, Schoifmom said:

Yes, thankfully!😃 I should have clarified it was the cost of the fancy cappuccinos and lattes that is included.

I definitely agree with all the above suggestions regarding the Alchemy Bar. The alchemists really shine with their off-the-menu creations. I never ordered from the menu and instead said "I'm feel like something with rum and pineapple tonight" and they would whip up some special creation. They learned what I liked really quick and would always make great suggestions too. 

You'll have to ask the alchemists if they can do it, but on Freedom if I bought a double shot of espresso from the coffee shop (included with cheers), they would make me an espresso martini. AMAZING! 

• Like 1

Outside of Alchemy's drinks, I've become a huge fan of the espressotini in the dining room. Alchemy will make you one as well, but you've got to bring them the espresso and a couple coffee beans for garnish. So good!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, tallnthensome said:

The best drinks come from the Alchemy bar made by the alchemists. No other drinks from any other bar on board come close . Cucumber sunrise is wonderful and refreshing. But all the drinks from this bar are unique and wonderful. 

7E69D264-BE38-4F5E-BEE4-BFE89D0597F4.jpeg

Cucumber Sunrise for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you order drinks like Miami Vice, Mudslide, Rum Rummers, Kiss of the Lips, Blue Margarita's Strawberry Daiquiri, and Pina Coladas from any bar or are they only specific to their location (Reg Frog, Blue Iguana, Serenity Deck ect.)? I know thinks from Alchemy and Piano Bar are specific to their location

Are you able to order drinks from the App to be delivered to you somewhere on deck? If so, will the drink count towards your Cheers? 

Can you order drinks mentioned above in Main Dinning Room?