Sushi on 5

neverlaysup

6 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Up to $35.00 is covered with the dining package. It’s probably not the best use of the package. They sometimes run a special all you can eat meal. 

Thanks for the response and I agree, not a good use of a pre paid package.

9 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Thanks for the response and I agree, not a good use of a pre paid package.

The pay for what you want can work well, however, for a light lunch on sea days when the buffet is busy…

• Like 1

I also think using a dining package for Sushi on 5 is not the best utilization of the package.  We often dine at Sushi on 5 for lunch on sea days, and the cost for two (not each) is generally $25 to $28.  We have the premium beverage package so any alcohol beverage is not reflected in that price.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I also think using a dining package for Sushi on 5 is not the best utilization of the package.  We often dine at Sushi on 5 for lunch on sea days, and the cost for two (not each) is generally $25 to $28.  We have the premium beverage package so any alcohol beverage is not reflected in that price.

Agree, exactly what we do. We will choose a couple of things to share and a ramen bowl…Ideal for a lunch sea day.

• Like 1

We have often been on Sushi on 5 with a prepaid dining package.

Always had ‚ all included‘ but we made sure that this was the case when making the reservations.

Lobster Ramen and Wagyu Sliders where our favorites.

Truffle Tuna also was phantastic!

Edited by Yoshikitty

How does the sushi in the restaurant compare to the sushi served in the Oceanview buffet? Typically, sushi on ship buffets is not made with raw fish, usually California rolls or cooked foods. Does Sushi on 5 serve real nigiri and maki rolls made with raw fish?

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

It has been a number of years since we've seen sushi in the Ocean View buffet, but we are rarely there in the evenings.  If you look at a current Sushi on 5 menu you will see that they indeed serve several varieties of nigiri.

Yup!  Since we can sit and eat without regard to time or amount, my only consideration in deciding how much sashimi I will consume at a couple of lunch visits will be whether I can still get up out of the chair in the end (getting too old for tatami)!  Looking for a chance to see if it's possible to OD on Omega 3 😄  Kind of like sitting down in an old fashioned hyaku-yen sushi joint (more like san-hyaku these days) and eating until you can't, except no counting colored plates at the end. 

@neverlaysup

The basics are available for nigiri:  Tuna, Yellowtail, Salmon, Octopus, Eel, Shrimp

For sashimi:  Tuna, Yellowtail, Salmon, Albacore, Shrimp, Octopus, Tataki Tuna (lightly seared)

Don't know if you're into sake, but they have one called Ginga Shizuku Junmai Diaginjo.  Excellent stuff with a bit more character than some.  Runs about $65 on land, if you can find it, so the $110 shipboard price is actually pretty good.

• Like 1