Anthem Sun Deck Special area?

shari3

I recall vaguely reading somewhere quite a while ago (pre-covid) that there was a sun deck area on Anthem that you could pay to rent? Does anyone know what I’m referring to? I think it was posted that you had to purchase certain drinks to use it?

1 hour ago, shari3 said:

I recall vaguely reading somewhere quite a while ago (pre-covid) that there was a sun deck area on Anthem that you could pay to rent? Does anyone know what I’m referring to? I think it was posted that you had to purchase certain drinks to use it?

Dh remembers a sun deck for suite guests.   I think he's right.

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Dh remembers a sun deck for suite guests.   I think he's right.

Just got off Anthem this morning. There is a sun deck for full suite guest use only. We were in a JS and our card didn’t give us access (we know as we tried it 😁)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Just got off Anthem this morning. There is a sun deck for full suite guest use only. We were in a JS and our card didn’t give us access (we know as we tried it 😁)

We saw the entrance too. We could see it when we were up on North Star and didn't look particularly appealing, probably handy if all the other sunbeds are full though!

There is an area in front of the bar overlooking the pool. It usually is roped off. For a fee you can rent those chairs and be served a lunch and a bottle of wine ( champagne). The server will then bring you whatever else you order. If no one is around you can ask the bartender to get the server. There used to be a sign by the roped off entrance. My husband and I did it once on a Sunday for front row seats to the televised football game on the screen. There is no shade, but the seats are yours all day. I have never seen it offered precruise. Maybe this is what you have heard about.

5 hours ago, kernow said:

We saw the entrance too. We could see it when we were up on North Star and didn't look particularly appealing, probably handy if all the other sunbeds are full though!

We didn’t see anyone using it once throughout the whole cruise even though it was hot enough to sunbathe on several days. Wonder if it’s a bit windy up there?

2 hours ago, Midway7934 said:

There is an area in front of the bar overlooking the pool. It usually is roped off. For a fee you can rent those chairs and be served a lunch and a bottle of wine ( champagne). The server will then bring you whatever else you order. If no one is around you can ask the bartender to get the server. There used to be a sign by the roped off entrance. My husband and I did it once on a Sunday for front row seats to the televised football game on the screen. There is no shade, but the seats are yours all day. I have never seen it offered precruise. Maybe this is what you have heard about.

If you mean the tiered area where the big sun beds are with the thick blue pads, this area was open to everyone this week. We used the beds several times, wasn’t roped off at all.

I am giving info based on pre covid cruises. Cruises aren't at full capacity yet. You need the card to open the doorway to the suite deck opposite that bar area.  When at full capacity they may go back to roping off that area in front of the bar with the padded seats. If it remains open to everyone ...enjoy! Except for the lack of shade (I wore a hat) it makes for a comfortable spot.

45 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

I am giving info based on pre covid cruises. Cruises aren't at full capacity yet. You need the card to open the doorway to the suite deck opposite that bar area.  When at full capacity they may go back to roping off that area in front of the bar with the padded seats. If it remains open to everyone ...enjoy! Except for the lack of shade (I wore a hat) it makes for a comfortable spot.

We sailed on her in 2015 and 2017 prior to last week and the tiered area had tables and chairs at the top, it was only the bottom tier that was roped off. The picture below was taken in 2017. They’ve replaced the tables and chairs now with more of the same sun beds which anyone can use. 

625C71D7-A97D-4F27-9CAC-72E2B086D41F.jpeg

Edited by CaroleC