Doable? Dover to LHR for 2pm flight to ATL?

jdk-atlga

Greetings all: I am about a week or so away from deciding on flights before/after our booked 2022 SB Baltic cruise (Stockholm to Dover). I have been searching topics in this forum and other places regarding this question and I "think" that it is doable to disembark the SB Ovation on Sat., Sep 17, get to Heathrow within 3 hours, get through Security and be aboard a flight back to Atlanta by 2pm. This plan could also be total bonkers, a pipe-dream.  To be truthful, flight options (LON - ATL) for the afternoon are not great, without another mortgage. Please, any opinions/thoughts are welcome (and, yes, I have been looking at London stay-overs, if we can't make the 2pm flights). TYIA. Jonathan

We did this a couple times for flights at or before that time with SB's first transfer, with time to spare, but it was pre-Covid.

Reserving a private car  may save additional time.

But it is good you have a Plan B these days, and not have to be at work the next day

I would think you have a 99.5% chance of a clear run and no problem. The M25 motorway can have its moments but if you are in a private car with live sat nav they should be able to cope with any problems O.K.

We once had a trip back from Heathrow with a major hold up but the satnav took us off and round country lanes with not too much time lost.

• Like 1

Greetings All: Thank you for the positive and encouraging information regarding the "doable" ship disembark and travel to LHR for an early afternoon return flight back to ATL. I presume (but don't know) that Saturday morning travel from Dover to LHR would be less than during a regular work weekday - which would be helpful as well. I now feel more comfortable, thanks to your input, to work on arranging our fares with my TA or airlines. Best, jdk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1