Points for a solo cruiser

rsail203

On 10/15/2021 at 5:08 PM, ampurp85 said:

I don't think there was a semantics difference in what @twangstersaid though. 

I would not assume it is 2*2*2, I would assume it is 1*2, 2*2 and 3*2

As its based it is double what you get, that's all. If people don't understand basic math and can't comprehend...that's on them. 

The problem is some people will say you get double for solo and double for a suite.

So based that concept, solo in a suite would be 1x2x2, instead of what it really is, which is 1+1+1

54 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

Just looked on my cruise planner this afternoon. The points have now been added. Wasn't expecting them to be added so quickly.

Same here.  Was surprised that the 4X points were added within 10 days after cruise.  Sailing was Sept. 5 on  Oasis.

59 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Same here.  Was surprised that the 4X points were added within 10 days after cruise.  Sailing was Sept. 5 on  Oasis.

Did you have to call? Just finished a B2B….first week was wrong, so I’m waiting for last weeks to post, since I’m pretty sure it will be wrong also.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, molly361 said:

You should get 28

On 10/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, brillohead said:

Agreed.  Call C&A and have them adjust it. 

Thanks @molly361 and @brillohead. I just got off the phone after a 30 minute wait and C&A told me that because I didnt book as a solo, I do not get the 28 points for a no show and they arent budging one bit.    It even went to a supervisor.   No dice.  I suppose whoever was in the same situation just got lucky 😞   

Edited by ryano

27 minutes ago, ryano said:

Thanks @molly361 and @brillohead. I just got off the phone after a 30 minute wait and C&A told me that because I didnt book as a solo, I do not get the 28 points for a no show and they arent budging one bit.    It even went to a supervisor.   No dice.  I suppose whoever was in the same situation just got lucky 😞   

Well that doesn't sound right. You paid for two people. I have a couple of cruises that I know my husband is not going to show up for and I was just going to leave him on there rather than reprice figuring I would get the points if he's a no-show.  I might have to rethink that plan

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ryano said:

If you have the time and patience I would give it another shot.  Ask for resolutions.  Let us know if you have any luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, molly361 said:

If you have the time and patience I would give it another shot.  Ask for resolutions.  Let us know if you have any luck 

I think I will! And also send a message to Crown and Anchor on FB.  🙂   I will let you know.  

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Shocked91 said:

I sailed on Anthem last month. My points have since been added. However Royal has only given me 14 instead of 28. I sailed solo in a balcony cabin midship for £823. I have emailed crown and anchor who are looking into my missing points. They say it will take a few weeks to get back to me. I booked August 28th and sailed September 12th.

I sailed last month on Mariner.  It was only a 3 night cruise, but they only gave me 6 points.  When i called C&A, they fixed it while I was on the line.  I refreshed my account and the 12 points appeared.  I sailed on Sept 24th.

30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Four calls, three went to supervisor, and a request with the LA on a ship and still no go.

Here is what Gwen from C&A just sent me on FB after taking some time to look at my reservation.   Its a no. 

"The points are given based on how the reservation was made. As you were booked as a double. you'll receive 14 points."

Seen by Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society

35 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Crap!!

I think the issue is that the C&A system used to convert the booking to look like a solo (and get extra points) when you had a double occupancy booking no show. When I asked C&A to look at older bookings (as an example of how it worked before), they showed as solo in the system, when it was  booked for two.

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think the issue is that the C&A system used to convert the booking to look like a solo (and get extra points) when you had a double occupancy booking no show. When I asked C&A to look at older bookings (as an example of how it worked before), they showed as solo in the system, when it was  booked for two.

Interesting.  Having my TA check to see if I take DH off one of them now if it will re-price.  This is for a 2022 booking.  Not messing with the bargain suites L and S from way back when.

19 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Did you have to call? Just finished a B2B….first week was wrong, so I’m waiting for last weeks to post, since I’m pretty sure it will be wrong also.

You can also email. I emailed and it took a couple weeks for them to get back to me but I was in no rush.