Current Islands not allowing Cruise Ships

Moosevilleco

1 hour ago, Moosevilleco said:

Hi- can anyone give a list of those islands that are on our itineraries but still aren’t allowing ships?  I am pretty sure Grand Turk is not- and I am not sure about St. Kitts- both on our New Year’s Freedom cruise.

Just came off the Freedom and our St Kitts port was changed to St Thomas.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moosevilleco said:

Hi- can anyone give a list of those islands that are on our itineraries but still aren’t allowing ships?  I am pretty sure Grand Turk is not- and I am not sure about St. Kitts- both on our New Year’s Freedom cruise.

Grand Turk is welcoming ships back in December. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Grand Turks reopens in December for Carnival. They just signed the agreement.

The OP may not be definitely going to Grand Turk yet. I can't vouch for this information, but in another thread someone said their TA told them Grand Turk will initially only be allowing 1 ship per day. If so, some stops there may still be cancelled if multiple ships are planned.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802915-grand-turk-to-open-or-not/

See post #11

The post also said they are allowing ships back on December 11th. My cruise is scheduled to stop there December 10th.😒

If Grand Turk is cancelled, Carnival has been substituting Amber Cove in at least some cases.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

The OP may not be definitely going to Grand Turk yet. I can't vouch for this information, but in another thread someone said their TA told them Grand Turk will initially only be allowing 1 ship per day. If so, some stops there may still be cancelled if multiple ships are planned.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802915-grand-turk-to-open-or-not/

See post #11

The post also said they are allowing ships back on December 11th. My cruise is scheduled to stop there December 10th.😒

If Grand Turk is cancelled, Carnival has been substituting Amber Cove in at least some cases.

My Dec cruise itinerary includes Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Do you have any idea of what would be the substitution for Grand Turk since Amber Cove is already on the itinerary?

1 hour ago, CharmCity2000 said:

My Dec cruise itinerary includes Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  Do you have any idea of what would be the substitution for Grand Turk since Amber Cove is already on the itinerary?

Our Nov cruise had Grand Turk and Amber Cove. GT was replaced with Nassau.
Day 1 - leave Miami
Day 2 - Nassau
Day 3 - Princess Cays
Day 4 - Sea day
Day 5 - Amber Cove
Day 6 - Sea Day
Day 7 - Arrive in Miami

17 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

We're due in Grand Turk on Dec 2nd, I sure hope we can go because we already have Nassau and I really don't want Freeport

Day 1 Miami

Day 2 Nassau

Day 3 Half Moon Cay

Day 4 Grand Turk

Day 5 at Sea

Day 6 back to Miami

Nooooo! We've lost Grand Turk and got Freeport instead 😢

Day 1 Miami 

Day 2 Day at sea

Day 3 Half Moon Caye 

Day 4 Nassau

Day 5 Freeport

Day 6 Back to Miami

On 10/22/2021 at 3:30 AM, SpainAlien said:

Nooooo! We've lost Grand Turk and got Freeport instead 😢

Day 1 Miami 

Day 2 Day at sea

Day 3 Half Moon Caye 

Day 4 Nassau

Day 5 Freeport

Day 6 Back to Miami

So you had Grand Turk for Dec 2nd and lost it and I have Grand Turk for Dec 9th. It's getting close.

I am watching this thread closely.  We are on the Regal Princess in December and we supposed to stop at Grand Turk on December 7. Fingers crossed we get to stop. If we don't and they put in Freeport we won't bother getting off the ship. 

19 hours ago, work2cruise52 said:

Where are you seeing updated stops?  We are still showing Grand Turk on Dec 1 on the Freedom.

We received an email from Carnival that stated our itinerary change. I believe I read somewhere that GT is re-opening in November but on a limited capacity so maybe the cruise lines are alternating days?

3 minutes ago, V_V said:

We received an email from Carnival that stated our itinerary change. I believe I read somewhere that GT is re-opening in November but on a limited capacity so maybe the cruise lines are alternating days?

I read "early" Dec, whatever that is supposed to mean. No specific date as of yet.