First day special on ironing

rjh8115

7 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Just sneak your iron on like everyone else.

Much cheaper that way...

You will get caught and it will be confiscated until your cruise is finished.  Pay a few dollars to avoid embarrassing yourself.  Downy also works as does steaming up your bathroom.

• Like 2

Hello,

Yes, on Anthem last week the first night pressing service was $17.95.

Or rather it would have been if the offer slip had been in my cabin on Day 1 and not delivered to me on Day 2!

Moreover, as Formal Night was Day 2 there was not enough time to book the regular pressing service either.

Regards,

Cublet

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I pack my clothes, including a sport coat, in zip lock bags and then compress them.  Very few wrinkles after sometimes a couple of weeks.  Any wrinkles that do occur are quickly taken care if with a small spritzer bottle of water.  Never needed an iron yet.

Neither have I. 😆

image.png.75e65889b9f3a5186b50402db5f3cf6f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I pack my clothes, including a sport coat, in zip lock bags and then compress them.  Very few wrinkles after sometimes a couple of weeks.  Any wrinkles that do occur are quickly taken care if with a small spritzer bottle of water.  Never needed an iron yet.

Minus the ziplock bags, I do this, too.  When you moisten the fabric with water and hang it in the closet, then add other garments, it creates a slightly damp environment in the clothes cupboard.  The heat from the cabin helps, and when you go to wear the garment there are no wrinkles.  If some creases are ever on my clothes, I just spritz them again and hand-smooth the fabric.

Gave up on steamers and travel irons about 10 years ago.

35 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Neither have I. 😆

image.png.75e65889b9f3a5186b50402db5f3cf6f.png

Unless you pack as bad as this guy, the only people that will notice and comment on your small wrinkles are your cabin mates.  No one else cares.  And are probably wearing wrinkled things too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Yes, on Anthem last week the first night pressing service was $17.95.

Or rather it would have been if the offer slip had been in my cabin on Day 1 and not delivered to me on Day 2!

Moreover, as Formal Night was Day 2 there was not enough time to book the regular pressing service either.

Regards,

Cublet

Ours was there when we got to our rooms AFTER formal dinner on the second night lol

15 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Unless you pack as bad as this guy, the only people that will notice and comment on your small wrinkles are your cabin mates.  No one else cares.  And are probably wearing wrinkled things too.

LOL.  Best not to bring fabrics like linen that crease easily.