Big announcement coming?

toad455

8 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

While I think we’d love this we have never done more then 2 weeks.  I think I’d want to try a 30-40 day cruise first before I spent that much money on that long of a trip.  

We're testing that with our B2B NZ/TP cruises in 2023. Around 28 days/nights total. We did a 13 night in 2019, and it wasn't too much!😁

1 minute ago, cruisin from florida said:

We're testing that with our B2B NZ/TP cruises in 2023. Around 28 days/nights total. We did a 13 night in 2019, and it wasn't too much!😁

Cool!!  Are you on Radiance?  If so...."sea" you there!!   We were cancelled from that trip on Serenade from early this year.  Not wanting to take a chance on 2022...we booked again like you...for 2023.  

Wow. I simply can’t imagine living in such small spaces for such an extended time- regardless of what room you are in. And not seeing our family and friends for that long. And the $$$$. 

Different world than mine for sure.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

While this is unlikely something I can swing right now I do like that Royal is thinking beyond the regular patterns of the past.  Sometimes it seemed like certain ships were permanently glued to a home port destined to sail the same routes every week until eternity. 

This creativity, experience and feedback in new places may lead to other opportunities in the future for a larger target market.  

Me too, I would love to see new routes

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If I go on this cruise, I will definitely do a live thread, just as I did for 53 nights on the Mariner in 2009.  Let me know if you want to check out that one and I'll post the link.

🙂 

Yes please! I hope you go on this one too!

• Like 2

I suspect there will be a large number of newly minted Pinnacles disembarking at the end of this thing.

But the big take-away I hope to see is that Royal will take an interest in South America cruising that extends beyond a stop in Cartagena. I'd love to do that first leg ... but I suspect the cost is not going to fit my budget. Doesn't stop me from repeatedly studying that itinerary. It is so incredibly appealing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Cool!!  Are you on Radiance?  If so...."sea" you there!!   We were cancelled from that trip on Serenade from early this year.  Not wanting to take a chance on 2022...we booked again like you...for 2023.  

We ended up on Ovation. After rebooking in 2020,2021, 2022, and now 2023, I'll bet we were booked on the same ship at one time or another!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If I go on this cruise, I will definitely do a live thread, just as I did for 53 nights on the Mariner in 2009.  Let me know if you want to check out that one and I'll post the link.

🙂 

And I will be first in line to read it!!  Hope you and your family are well!  Whoever has not read one of your Live threads is in for a fabulous treat.  We all are.  Caution: Do not read while eating, drinking, chewing gum.  Once you start to read, you'll know why. 

Edited by BonTexasNY

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

On this cruise you could get pregnant on day one and have the baby before disembarkation.

How that's a long cruise!  👫🤰👶

Won’t be many who are not crew getting pregnant on this sailing😇🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is not really new and innovative for RCCL.  Somebody must have been cleaning out old marketing files, because this is the "Royal Journeys" renamed.  It was in 2001-ish, and they had around 4 segments then, too.  I had the brochures and kept them for a long time, as they were gorgeous.

Everything old is new again...............................

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

We ended up on Ovation. After rebooking in 2020,2021, 2022, and now 2023, I'll bet we were booked on the same ship at one time or another!

I’m on these with you…I have 3 legs booked. South Pacific, NZ, and TP. I’m hoping to add Hawaii, like the 2022 cruises, but they kind of messed that up by cancelling 2022 before the 2023 itineraries came out. It will depend on pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emeraldcity said:

I suspect there will be a large number of newly minted Pinnacles disembarking at the end of this thing.

But the big take-away I hope to see is that Royal will take an interest in South America cruising that extends beyond a stop in Cartagena. I'd love to do that first leg ... but I suspect the cost is not going to fit my budget. Doesn't stop me from repeatedly studying that itinerary. It is so incredibly appealing.

Been few years but Royal has done multiple South American Cruises in past

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Reminds me of a Don McLean song….  Sing along… a long, long time ago, I can still remember….

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how that music
Used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
 But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride
Something touched me deep inside
The day the music died
 So, bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry
And them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "This'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die"
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Wait a minute. Now that you put it that way, maybe I need to rethink this whole world cruise thing. 👍😈👍

Bucky and I are in the "land yacht" right now.   Whole house condensed, .....having sometimes spent months in it at a time....and we have not filed for divorce yet!  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I’m on these with you…I have 3 legs booked. South Pacific, NZ, and TP. I’m hoping to add Hawaii, like the 2022 cruises, but they kind of messed that up by cancelling 2022 before the 2023 itineraries came out. It will depend on pricing.

Instead of another cruise leg, we're doing 7-10 days in Australia before the cruise. Are you on the meet and mingle for all three cruises? I'm so hoping that it actually happens this time!