Big announcement coming?

toad455

40 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

prices world cruise.JPG

That actually IS very good value, even before you add in the "included" items.  Less expensive than a Panama Canal cruise.

And I LOVE the people who are saying that it's a BAD thing because THEY can't go.  LOL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

is there an option to did this in splits and not the entire 274 nights? I believe HAL & Crystal offer partials on their World sailings.

Yes, there are 4 different legs that can be split (60+ days each).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That actually IS very good value, even before you add in the "included" items.

Not sure many would consider $200+pppd for an interior a good value on a Radiance class ship.

Biker, who is impressed with RCI marketeers at the innovative ideas they come up with to separate folks from the money.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jahannah said:

Yes, there are 4 different legs that can be split (60+ days each).

1 minute ago, BND said:

Yet, the only pricing I've seen is for the entire thing.

The individual legs aren’t on sale until December.

Gives them plenty of time to gauge demand for the 264-nighter and price the shorter segments accordingly.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure many would consider $200+pppd for an interior a good value on a Radiance class ship.

Biker, who is impressed with RCI marketeers at the innovative ideas they come up with to separate folks from the money.

oops  did the math wrong  my bad 

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

oops  did the math wrong  my bad 

But when you add the included stuff, it DOES come out comparable to a Panama Canal cruise  

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

But when you add the included stuff, it DOES come out comparable to a Panama Canal cruise  

Sure, but those are compared to pricing on 7 day cruises. If someone tries to "get their money's worth" out of the typical $50+ drink package on this world cruise they'll be joining AA half way through their journey.

Biker, who wonders what Royal Up prices will be on such a sailing.

• Like 1

Although it’s great they included a lot in the price, you have to consider excursions as extra.  That’s going to really drive your cost up.  I’d consider a portion for 60 days but I think Viking may be a better value.

And although wash and fold would be okay for socks and underwear, no way would I let them cook my regular clothes.  You’d be doing a lot of sink laundry.  Most of my clothing doesn’t touch a dryer.  They really need to refit some spaces on each deck with washer and dryers on Serenade.

Overall, once the threat of covid greatly decreases and all countries allow entry without restrictions,  we will be taking a look at it.  I see it as an exciting possibility.  We love Serenade and she has lots of storage in her cabins with wonderful sea views.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Sure, but those are compared to pricing on 7 day cruises. If someone tries to "get their money's worth" out of the typical $50+ drink package on this world cruise they'll be joining AA half way through their journey.

Biker, who wonders what Royal Up prices will be on such a sailing.

i am on hold  Any questions?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That actually IS very good value, even before you add in the "included" items.  Less expensive than a Panama Canal cruise.

And I LOVE the people who are saying that it's a BAD thing because THEY can't go.  LOL.

I haven’t seen a single comment say the cruise itself is a bad thing, it’s just anticlimactic for a hyped up announcement to appeal to less than .1% of cruisers 

• Like 2

I have not priced other world cruises, but I'd be curious how this matches up. The pppn prices seem pretty reasonable to me. Wonder if my employer would allow me to drop to part time and work that remotely (as opposed to my house right now) for 9 months, hmmm.......🤔

29 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

The individual legs aren’t on sale until December.

Gives them plenty of time to gauge demand for the 264-nighter and price the shorter segments accordingly.

They had enough time to price out the whole thing.  

As DH said, since we'd want at the very least a balcony, this is staying on the bucket list.  We'll just continue to do JS and as many b2b's as we can.