Taxi stand to Maho Beach, where from dock?

basketballdad

Saw a post from over a year ago that said we could take a local taxi (white busses I believed) which is shared, for $7 per person per way to Maho beach.  I believe it is actually to anywhere like Orient.  We come in on the Symphony of the seas.  Any one know where the taxi stand is from the dock?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't recall exactly where the taxi stand is, but we just followed the signs getting off the ship to "Taxis" and there is a little circle drive where the white vans are.  Just tell them where you want to go (Maho Beach) and they will direct you into a van with others going to the same place.  I think we paid $16pp and that is for a round trip.  They'll give you a wristband which is how you'll get back.  

We visited Maho for the first time on December 9 and absolutely loved it.  The beach is small and was fairly crowded but we found a spot on the sand and just set our towels out.  We were on the left side of the beach and all of the chairs were rented on that side by the time we got there.  You can get buckets of 6 beers for $20 so we made the most of that LOL.  I didn't know what to expect going in, but we had a blast.  Planes would come in every 5 minutes or so and you can just chill in the water and watch them fly right over your head.  It's unlike any other beach in the world and I would totally go back.

maho.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indyfranks said:

I don't recall exactly where the taxi stand is, but we just followed the signs getting off the ship to "Taxis" and there is a little circle drive where the white vans are.  Just tell them where you want to go (Maho Beach) and they will direct you into a van with others going to the same place.  I think we paid $16pp and that is for a round trip.  They'll give you a wristband which is how you'll get back.  

This^^^

If you pay even a minimum amount of attention and follow the "Taxi" signs / arrows, you'll find them.

Be advised, though, it is beyond all the terminal shops and kiosks. I would venture a guess that it is pretty close to a mile from where you exit the ship. 

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

This^^^

If you pay even a minimum amount of attention and follow the "Taxi" signs / arrows, you'll find them.

Be advised, though, it is beyond all the terminal shops and kiosks. I would venture a guess that it is pretty close to a mile from where you exit the ship. 

Agree that is it very easy to find.  If I recall, you hang a right at the "Saint Maarten" sign that folks take pictures in front of and it just a little past there.  And although it isn't super close, I didn't think it was a farther walk than most other ports from the ship to taxis/transportation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, PiperHolliday said:

Is it worth using the white vans if you have three people or would it be better at that point to get a private taxi? 

Use the shared taxi...you don't need a private one at all....and pay for the round trip...they'll give you a wristband to be used for the trip back.

• Like 1